LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 07-14-2010, 03:01 AM   #1
ruforumczspam

My dog sits down and prances with her two front legs wagging her tail and talking to me. If I don't notice her she'll paw me and then sit back down and again and start prancing. She's quite vocal .

We call her the prancer. Anyone else have a prancing pitbull?

She'll also flip her ears back and look up at me-eyes wide open...it's a funny look wish I had a picture and she'll again "talk". She'll prance sometimes giving me the look.

Old 07-14-2010, 03:09 AM   #2
mnhloot

Beastley yowls at you in a high pitched voice,especially to get your attention to play. He does the zoomies with his kong in his mouth.

Old 07-14-2010, 03:11 AM   #3
drugimpotence

It is likely not a Pit bull only thing... but Bubba will great me the same whether I have been gone 10 hours or 10 minutes. It is hilarious... he will be like " Hi HI HI hi! I missed you! Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle... and then I'll go outside and come back in and he will be OMG OMG I haven't seen you in FOREVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRR and start all over again. I love it! Bubba also gives hugs... he will sigh... and he has the cutest puppy dreams ever!

Old 07-14-2010, 03:56 AM   #4
mXr8icOB

the only thing i can think of that a pit bull trait is the screamers. and not many pit bulls even do it. but man when you get one, get ready to grab some ear plugs and some f'ed up faces from people when you walk/drive by someone with another dog. lol.

Old 07-14-2010, 09:04 AM   #5
movlabk

It is all dog behaviour. Probably more breeds do them than don't.

Old 07-14-2010, 09:29 AM   #6
nebrarlepleme

Both MJ and a friend of mine's dog, Itty (a rescued dogfighting brood bitch) both will "shiver" if you run your fingernails down their back. Neither have fleas or allergies, its almost like it feels so good they have to shiver! It's hilarious, and I've never personally seen other dogs do this.
On another note, Murphy, my Am Bully pup (10wks), will try to nurse off his rope every now and then. He'll even get those paws kneading, and everything. He usually gets frustrated and decides to shake it violently after it won't give him what he wants, haha!

Old 07-14-2010, 10:55 PM   #7
evalayCap

Cooper definitely has the butt wiggle, the tail slap, and the WHINE!! O that forlorn whine of desire!

Old 07-15-2010, 05:14 PM   #8
ruforumczspam

not sure if this is a trait but cupcake will raise her hackles when she see's someone she doesn't know when we're out for walks and her ears will stick up, her tail erect and she'll start barking....
we've been trying to stop her from doing that because it scares people.
as we get closer to the person she's barking at she'll stop barking and then start the butt wriggle and acting all puppy like " play with me play with me ".

heh, who would want to pet a dog that before seemed aggressive but actually isn't?
She'll raise her hackles in play too or when she's really excited.

I always know when she's gonna start barking because the hair on her back stands straight up.

Old 07-15-2010, 10:36 PM   #9
ZXRamon

how about the frog lay???
you know with the legs speard out behind them when they lay down lol
so cute

Old 07-16-2010, 07:15 PM   #10
LasTins

I've got one for yall, every pit bull i've ever been around does it. sleepin on there backs with there back legs spread and there front legs up in the air. lol

Old 07-23-2010, 04:51 AM   #11
Irrampbroow

Trudi would throw her toys. I don't mean shake them with her mouth and let them fly, she would actually throw them.

She would lay on her back with a toy between her two front paws. Pump her front legs like she was winding up a pitch and then release them to sail across the room.

We never taught her this (not sure how one would even try), it was just something she started to do on her own as a pup and continued to do it all her life.

Old 07-23-2010, 10:44 AM   #12
serius_06

I have to say, this thread may seem trivial to some but I for one love the replies. Before joining this site we only had contact two or three other APBT owners to compare notes with about the wacky stuff our dogs did.

Stress yawns, hugging and butt wiggles may not be exclusive to the breed, but its cool to learn other Pit owners have experienced the same.

What about spontaneous bursts of energy where the dog runs like crazy for several minutes?

Trudi would do this quite often where she would suddenly just start running through the house, usually with a toy in her mouth. She would rip from room to room and if you happened to be standing in the hall or one of the rooms she was racing through, she let out a little 'woof' as she passed by you.
She would sometimes do this as we were playing with her, other times on her own for no apparent reason other than to run.

Now, Meia is starting to do the same.
Oh yeah My Casper did that a lot when we were playing or when I bugged him a lot and now my Scooby is doing the same when I am playing with him or when he is playing with his toys they just start running like crazy all over the backyard!

Both Casper and Scooby had that butt wiggle! Their tail is deadly painful
Casper did yawn but not as a stress sound. Scooby yawns a lot, especially when I scold him!

Casper hugged and scooby also does the same thing!

They also prance around the door, well Casper did and Scooby is kinda doing it now, when you tell them something like how handsome they are and they prance with their chins up

They are sooo intelligent that they only need to talk

Old 07-23-2010, 12:45 PM   #13
jimbomaxf

Klick smiles when he's happy to see you. See my Avatar... And, when he want's the toy back his lower jaw shakes up and down. His dad's name is Chopper for this very reason.

Old 07-23-2010, 04:31 PM   #14
KixdricyArrip

I am a fan of the "chewing trance"...but many dogs do that ;-)

Old 07-23-2010, 05:19 PM   #15
Irrampbroow

Does anyone else ever get the 'stink eye'?

That long, narrowed glare when you think its time to come in after a romp but they don't. Or when you tell them they have to move from your place on the couch.

Old 07-25-2010, 02:47 PM   #16
Hofonom

2 of my dogs gives hugs, but those side claws allways seem to scratch me lol,
the yawning repeatedly, happines when a dog is nervouse or when stressed like you said.

Old 07-25-2010, 07:59 PM   #17
Julik19

I've got one for yall, every pit bull i've ever been around does it. sleepin on there backs with there back legs spread and there front legs up in the air. lol
Mine do that too.

Chest bumping while playing seems like pit only thing.

Old 07-31-2010, 01:09 PM   #18
serius_06

Yep! and both of my pits also kinda fought while asleep!

Old 07-31-2010, 03:37 PM   #19
gugqgbyzlp

Does anyone else ever get the 'stink eye'?

That long, narrowed glare when you think its time to come in after a romp but they don't. Or when you tell them they have to move from your place on the couch.
oohh the stink eye. Peyton's way of attempting to be the ruler of the house and get his way by giving the stink eye and when he doesn't, he goes and lays down somewhere all alone (like behind the couch or in the kitchen where nobody can see him) and you can hear him pouting and sighing like a little kid.

he also does the "vroom vroom" speed around the house from room to room with a toy in his mouth, either his favorite football or his rope. he won't think twice to crash into you and keep going either, he close-lined my sister pretty good the other day. haha.

bad rotten dogs. ugh.

Old 11-07-2010, 06:41 PM   #20
Irrampbroow

Default Purely Pit Traits, if so how many are there?
The Butt Wiggle thread got me thinking.

Trudi was our first Pit rescue. In the eight years we had her she did things no other dog we ever owned did, like the butt wiggle. In fact, she had dozens of odd, goofy and at times endearing traits that for a long time we thought were exclusively hers.

After joining this site I noticed LiliannaLove's siggie about how her Pit Bull hugs. Trudi hugged and we thought she was the only one. Now, over the past week, Meia has started to hug.

Another thing Trudi would do is yawn repeatedly when stressed, as in during thunderstorms or while sitting in the vet's waiting room. We now find out that Meia will yawn several times while being scolded for puppy infractions.

I thought it might be interesting to compare notes on just how many of these traits our Pits share and how much common ground we share.

Reply to Thread New Thread