LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 09-07-2010, 10:41 AM   #1
mpzoFeJs

Default Unbelievable, dog potentially getting PTS for defending owner
A 4 year old staffordshire bull terrier that belongs to a friend of my friend is possibly going to get put down and the owner fined a hefty amount of money because the dog attacked and bit a person out of defense for the guy. While the kid was walking his dog after school, three kids followed him and waited for him to come out of his house. They then jumped him because one of the kids gotten into a fight with the owner of the staffy about a week ago and lost. As the kid walked out with the dog, the three kids grabbed him and started to punch him. The dog bit one of the kids on the right forearm and broke both the radius and the ulna as well as causing moderate to severe facial lacerations. The other two suffered minor lacerations on the hands. The mother of the child called the cops, but when the cops came, they made no arrest of the three kids and instead, began questioning the owner and the dog. The three that were attacked were treated when by local paramedics and with the child suffering the broken forearm being sent to the ambulance. Animal control officials were then called and the dog got taken away with the owner awaiting a due date in court for charges of reckless endangerment and assault with a deadly weapon (the dog being considered property and also considered dangerous). Until then, the dog is to be held by animal control and the dog is to be PTS if the dog is deemed a danger towards humans. The three children that attacked the owner of the dog are also being charged as juveniles with the crimes of assault and battery. All four are children and are between the ages of 15 and 16. I've never met the dog but I'm told by my friend that the staffy is very friendly and well trained. I also don't know the kid, but I feel bad for the guy since he got attacked by three kids outside of his house and could very well potentially lose his dog. This is just bullshit.

Old 09-07-2010, 10:46 AM   #2
moopogyOvenny

ohhh no!!!

Old 09-07-2010, 11:03 AM   #3
Siffidiolla

Criminally he probrably will be out of the woods, especially if it's proven that the 3 kids came there looking to jump him. Hopefully, after several behavioral tests are conducted, the dog will be returned to the owner. They might get sued in Civil Court though and if your aquantence's home owners insurance finds out they might drop him if they don't know he has a "pit bull" type dog. Did this happen in Brooklyn or Staten Island?

Old 09-07-2010, 01:21 PM   #4
maclaudser

Any dog that defends his owner is a good dog.

Old 09-07-2010, 01:44 PM   #5
GustavM

Poor kid and poor doggie! I know it sounds bad, but did the kids who attacked the dog owner get a few good whacks in? I hope the kid got hurt so he can prove the others were there menacing him and have a better chance of proving the dog was just protecting him.

Are his parents willing to pay for a lawyer and to pay the fees associated with the impound of the dog to get it back if things go well in court?

Old 09-07-2010, 01:48 PM   #6
ovH9wfSJ

So....are you saying in the state of NY, the three kids that assaulted him are now the victims because they were stupid enough to assault someone with their dog present, so no charges are being brought on them at all?

Old 09-07-2010, 02:30 PM   #7
GustavM

No, he said they were being charged with assault and battery. But the kid who was jumped 3v1 also got charged and his charges were more serious. Assault with a deadly because he was walking his dog, got jumped 3v1 and his dog did what dogs naturally do? Ridiculous.

Old 09-07-2010, 02:40 PM   #8
ovH9wfSJ

Hopefully those 3 learn a lesson from this. Luckily they did not assault another kid carrying a gun that was not scared to use it.

Old 09-07-2010, 04:13 PM   #9
Dynasty

How stupid do you have to be to jump someone with a dog? And what on earth makes you think because you lost the first fight, bringing back up will help the next time when the dude has a freaking dog?

IMO, that's a damn fine dog. I hope nothing bad happens to him.

Old 09-07-2010, 06:29 PM   #10
Repwailia

Best wishes to the dog!!

Old 09-07-2010, 11:14 PM   #11
mpzoFeJs

Criminally he probrably will be out of the woods, especially if it's proven that the 3 kids came there looking to jump him. Hopefully, after several behavioral tests are conducted, the dog will be returned to the owner. They might get sued in Civil Court though and if your aquantence's home owners insurance finds out they might drop him if they don't know he has a "pit bull" type dog. Did this happen in Brooklyn or Staten Island?
This happened in Queens near bay terrace.

---------- Post added at 04:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 PM ----------

Poor kid and poor doggie! I know it sounds bad, but did the kids who attacked the dog owner get a few good whacks in? I hope the kid got hurt so he can prove the others were there menacing him and have a better chance of proving the dog was just protecting him.

Are his parents willing to pay for a lawyer and to pay the fees associated with the impound of the dog to get it back if things go well in court?
I know the kid's parents are paying for a lawyer but I'm not sure if they will be paying the impound fee. I'll ask my friend to ask his friend for more details. High school kids are freakin stupid nowadays. I'm not sure if the kid also got hurt by them, but I can see where that may help out. I'll find out more details from my friend.

Old 09-07-2010, 11:45 PM   #12
enrisaabsotte

Good dog... Really hope they don't turn this into some twisted story, and that the dog survives - going by the law there should be no case against the dog's owners..

Old 09-07-2010, 11:56 PM   #13
DrBrightonone

I PRAY they do behavioral test and the mothers testimony and cops(If UN bias) help the situation as well.

DAMN fine dog, couldn't ask for better loyalty. Hope the dog is returned safely home soon!!!

Old 09-08-2010, 02:25 AM   #14
TriamiCaw

That makes me so sad, I really hope that dog makes it out and those kids get in some deep trouble. What BS

Old 09-08-2010, 04:02 AM   #15
mincbiori

A good and faithful dog. Hopefully that faithfulness will rule the day in the end. I agree with previous comments why would you ever go after a kid that has his dog right there.

Old 09-08-2010, 04:20 AM   #16
Frierlovene

Those three losers could learn a lesson or two from the dog, IMHO.

sending positive vibes his way, hope all works out for the boy and his dog.

Old 09-08-2010, 04:38 AM   #17
ovH9wfSJ

It's truly a sad day when three assailants can trespass onto someone's property with the intent of doing physical harm to them and it's less of an offense than a dog simply protecting it's owner from them.

Old 09-08-2010, 04:44 AM   #18
mincbiori

Well said IzzysDad!

Reply to Thread New Thread