LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 05-19-2010, 01:36 PM   #1
wizardasa

Default silly question - breaksticks
has anyone ever had their breakstick confiscated because "you could use it as a weapon?"

last night the fiancé parked the car in a calm street to smoke a cigarette outside (we can't smoke in the car) and police came and asked for drivers liscence etc etc.
they saw my breakstick laying in the glove compartment and asked me to hand it over, or face charges if I refused? wtf?!

I know most things are illegal to carry around here, going as far as a screwdriver, but a breakstick? really?

Old 05-19-2010, 02:07 PM   #2
zoneouddy

has anyone ever had their breakstick confiscated because "you could use it as a weapon?"

last night the fiancé parked the car in a calm street to smoke a cigarette outside (we can't smoke in the car) and police came and asked for drivers liscence etc etc.
they saw my breakstick laying in the glove compartment and asked me to hand it over, or face charges if I refused? wtf?!

I know most things are illegal to carry around here, going as far as a screwdriver, but a breakstick? really?
So are you facing charges or did the cop 'relieve' you of this weapon?

Old 05-19-2010, 02:16 PM   #3
wizardasa

I gave it up so no charges...

but really... it's only a piece of wood! lmao

he did act and look like a real jerk, the total opposite of his partner...

Old 05-19-2010, 02:33 PM   #4
Assunkkensatt

Maybe he was a vampire? That sucks though but yes I think if a cop who didn't know what one was might look at it like it was a weapon. And if one did know what it was might look at you like you were a very bad person and fought dogs.

Old 05-19-2010, 04:35 PM   #5
lmHVYs8e

Can you get it back? That is ridiculous.

Old 05-19-2010, 04:54 PM   #6
fudelholf

wth? no i haven't had that happened to me. i'm sorry that it happened to you

Old 05-19-2010, 05:59 PM   #7
Kneeniasy

Ah Europe, you guys have that public safety / police powers thing figured out don't you.

Ban guns in England and people start stabbing each other, let the home burglar go free with a cash award, but lock up the guy who shoots him. Now pieces of wood are weapons in Belgium. W. T. F.

What's your parliament have planed next? Are they gonna mandate that all trees exceding 6 inches in circumference be cut down and surrendered to a state approved incineration facility? If drastic action isn't taken thugs will be raiding woodpiles in the countryside in search of weapons

Ban firewood now or the terrorists win

Old 05-19-2010, 07:14 PM   #8
wizardasa

we definitely have! :no:
I can't wait to get out of here! it's getting HORRIBLE!

especially knowing that it's not the good people that don't register their firearms and such!

a couple years ago we HAD to turn in ALL our firearms, those that my dad got from his grandparents and parents that passed... he was devastated!
and the worst thing is, a couple weeks later, I'm not quite sure why anymore, it turned out all the people who turned in their firearms shouldn't have done it because they finally didn't have to anymore...

what are they planning next? well, nothing good from what I've seen... there is a MAJOR debate going on right now, and our prime minister has CURRED OUT!!!
for the FIFTH time!!! imagine that!
then again what would you expect from a guy that fails to sing our national anthem but sings that of france instead the day he gets elected prime minister of BELGIUM!!
I'll be surprised if ANYONE even understands HALF of what is going on politically speaking in Belgium, and I wouldn't be surprised that soon, no country will be willing to work with us because they won't trust our politicians anymore...
a small 2-language (actually 3, if you count in german) country and both sides want to kill each other off... that's VERY sad for such a small country...

talking about the economical crisis that should start to get better... if our politicians continue like this, like I said, no one will want to do business with us anymore and we'll be even more in trouble with our finances :no:

and no I can't get it back... that's the thing... if I wanted to keep it, I could have faced charges for not wanting to surrender it...

Old 05-19-2010, 08:18 PM   #9
Kneeniasy

Wow Ganja, that's all more sad than funny now.

I thought Americans had plenty of good reasons to be pissed... you've got us beat in spades.

Your P.M. realy sang another country's anthem? What. The. Fuck. Are Belgians by any chance known for their rioting skills?

Old 05-19-2010, 10:02 PM   #10
WGfg4CCZ

He probably didn't know what it was.

Old 05-19-2010, 10:12 PM   #11
Cuccuccaltefe

I don't know, people were screaming I had a knife when I tried to fend off a dog that was attacking me and my pup at the park.
I never waited for the authorities to show up, and left in a hurry after we exchange nastygramms with the chow owners.

Old 05-19-2010, 10:25 PM   #12
vulikox

That son of a bitch would have had to taken me to jail over that. How the hell can it be illegal to have a piece of wood?? What kind of nazi bullshit to yall live under over there?

i pray for the day a cop arrests me for a piece of wood, my lawyer will embarrass him in court.

Old 05-19-2010, 11:28 PM   #13
wizardasa

I'm usually not the type of person to just take shit from anyone, but I really have already way to much troubles and stress for being so young lol so... I'll rather pay another 10 bucks and be done with it

---------- Post added at 11:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 PM ----------

Wow Ganja, that's all more sad than funny now.

I thought Americans had plenty of good reasons to be pissed... you've got us beat in spades.

Your P.M. realy sang another country's anthem? What. The. Fuck. Are Belgians by any chance known for their rioting skills?
yes he did!
well, he didn't sang it in front of everyone at the ceremony (just looked up, it was for the 21th of july), but just in front of the news interviewer LMAO! and when it was pointed out by the guy, he said "I don't know the national anthem that well" and at the ceremony he merely sang 3 words and then went silent, and even started taking a phone call!

and I don't really know if were known for anything other than french fries (THEY ARE NOT FRENCH!!! lmao!)
the extremists basically want to split up belgium in 2.. imagine that!
and the others aren't to far from wanting the same

Old 05-20-2010, 01:34 AM   #14
nd90t3sf

Anything can be used as a weapon. You're lucky that cop didn't confiscate your shoes.

Old 05-20-2010, 02:24 AM   #15
wizardasa

lmao!
yeah... they're worth a bit more than 10 bucks lol

Old 05-20-2010, 05:29 AM   #16
Cuccuccaltefe

and I don't really know if were known for anything other than french fries (THEY ARE NOT FRENCH!!! lmao!)
What about waffles, chocolate and beer ?
Last year I visited Belgium, drove through it, you have some pretty cows

Old 05-20-2010, 05:40 AM   #17
tearidrusydet

I believe it, in Ohio I bet they would demand it also because it is considered a dog fighting device......and I have been told not to show or discuss owning one. What a great country we live in..... Or maybe he wanted one of his own and didn't want to buy it so he threatened you with being charged.

Old 05-20-2010, 06:32 AM   #18
r7rGOhvd

No, but I thought about it before.
What the hell are we supposed to do?

Old 05-21-2010, 08:28 PM   #19
nd90t3sf

Say it's a shoe horn?

Old 05-21-2010, 08:49 PM   #20
bpejjssoe

i carry too many real weapons for them to notice a stick or two

Reply to Thread New Thread