LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 05-14-2010, 04:16 AM   #1
PyncGyncliacy

Default So im sort of annoyed.
I had Scruffy with me at the vets office today, Scruffys a terrier mix, and is very people friendly, but she's not a big fan of other dogs. She isn't aggressive where she's pulling to get to them or anything, she'a very relaxed, but if one nips her or is running around too much around her she wont think twice about biting that dog... When it comes to other dogs she'd rather be left alone.

Now we were in the waiting room, and a lady with a min pin asks if her dog could meet my dog. I said "No she doesn't get along with other dogs"

She said "are you sure she looks pretty friendly to me"

than i said, "yes i'm very sure"

and i don't know if she didn't hear me, or if she didn't wish to hear me but she sets her little min pin on the floor and DROPS THE LEASH!
WHY ON EARTH WOULD YOU DO THAT?

So the dog came charging up to Scruffy, and Scruffy who doesn't like excited dogs started growling, i was able to knock her our of it, and went outside to wait..

BUT really what if I hadn't been able to knock Scruffy out of her "aggressive mode"? She'd have a dead min pin.

Next time im just bringing the dogs around back... I really can't stand people.

Old 05-14-2010, 04:18 AM   #2
DagoIgnog

People can be so rude! I can't stand irresponsible owners!

Old 05-14-2010, 04:21 AM   #3
durootrium

I hate that! That is why when I have to take Hoss in, I will go in and let them know that we are there, then when its our turn to be seen, they let me bring him in the back.

Hoss is DA but he is actually very tolerant of other dogs when he is on a leash. I know that if a dog got sassy with him he wouldn't put up with it, though.

Old 05-14-2010, 04:24 AM   #4
giturbewan

people don't seem to exist in reality sometimes

Old 05-14-2010, 06:45 PM   #5
Pinkman

Libby, I've noticed Jake is the same way. I am well aware of how DA he can be, but when on leash, he is very tolerant. Unfortunately, that is usually when most idiots let their dogs get right in his face. But at least he gives me time to remove him from the situation.

Old 05-14-2010, 11:19 PM   #6
NiliSpuppypax

SMH.

Can she not hear? if someone told me their dog wasn’t friendly, I’d sit down in the chair and make sure my dog was very close to me, leash clutched in hand. All my dogs are pretty tolerant, except for Shiki at times. She just doesn’t like to be bothered, so she’ll either move away, growl, yip, or stand up. At the vet, she don’t bother anybody, and(since everyone else feels the vibe, LOL) nobody bothers her.

Old 05-14-2010, 11:57 PM   #7
HassFks

I hate it when stuff like that happens! Some people are SO ignorant! I would have let my guard down a bit after telling the woman that my dog was not dog-friendly, but then she goes and drops her leash... Geesh!

Reply to Thread New Thread