LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 04-28-2010, 08:21 AM   #1
nannysuetle

Default rant... I need ideas
soo!

at the small "ranch" my horse used to be kept at (in front of our house) they had this beautifull gsd mix, but she is HA/DA as hell.
I do not mind this, but if you're going to keep a HA dog, keep it in a responsible way!

yesterday, I was walking my dog and apparently those people live 2 streets away from me (it's actually the sister of the owner of the "ranch")
and I was peacefully walking my dog when all of the sudden that GSD puts his ENTIRE head and neck through the fence trying to grab my dog AND me!
I barely had the time to throw myself almost under a car or she would have grabbed my leg!

so about an hour later I went to their place, and granted, there was the dog again, trying to do exactly the same to another person.
anyways, I go over there and the dog starts barking and growling it's head off, no way I'm going in to ring the doorbell!
so basically, I'm waiting till they are pissed enough to call their dog in to chat with them.

after standing their for a good 20 minutes the guy finally comes out.
I politely told them something like:

"hey! maybe you didn't notice it yet, but there is a huge hole in your fence, and I know your dog is very DA/HA and just an hour ago I walked past and she almost grabbed me and my dog to the point I had to throw myself onto the street with upcoming trafic. I'm afraid that one day it'll be a little kid passing with his mom and the consequences could be disastrous for the kid"

he told me "get the fuck away from here or I'm calling the cops on you!"
me thinking, I'm NOT going anywhere...

he yelled some more and turns out they are diplomatic corpse (is that how it's called?) so police can't do shit about them!

any ideas on what to do?
I could walk past, it's really no biggy for me, but with barely 19 inches of sidewalk, imagine that being a 2 year old kid walking with his mom and the dog getting a hold of it trough a fence! just scary!
I refuse to just sit here and wait to hear about an accident involving another dog or a kid but it seems I do not have much of a choice...

got any ideas to prevent something like this happening?

Old 04-28-2010, 08:32 AM   #2
ionitiesk

I do not know about Belgium laws but here that dog would not have diplomatic immunity. The dog could be removed if it is a threat to the public and a dog aable to stick its head thru a fence into a public walk way is not considered secure . I would walk by and get a video of the dog with its head thru the fence and take that to your animal control equivalent.
Like I said I am not sure of your laws but that is what I would try.

Old 04-28-2010, 08:50 AM   #3
goctorsurger

Wow, I thought my neighbors and their dog were a nightmare and the police and AC can take action against them...Sad to say but I would probably just try to avoid the dog and the people...Then again I have been completly ineffective dealing with my neighbors.

Old 04-28-2010, 09:02 AM   #4
nannysuetle

they can't even get a ticket... couldn't even been arrested for murder before they get fired so I really doubt the cops can do much about their dog...

I'll try to call and see about that

Old 04-28-2010, 03:21 PM   #5
hexniks

I HATE Diplimatic imunity, works in the USA too...if a diplomat comes and kills 100 1 babies in front of a cop all they can do is deport them...if they are lucky.

Old 04-28-2010, 10:34 PM   #6
WUlcN1Rz

I grew up with diplomatic immunity and lived in a lot of different countries. My father was with the State Department and stationed at different embassies as we grew up. If these folks do indeed have diplomatic immunity, they are immune from the law. But, not all foreign workers get diplomatic immunity and I would question anyone claiming they did. Easiest way to test it is to call the cops and file a complaint. If the cops won't act on your complaint because these people do have diplomatic immunity, then you'll have to find another way to deal with them. If you know what I mean.

Old 04-28-2010, 10:39 PM   #7
seawolferr

I wonder if the dog likes grapes and raisins?

Old 04-28-2010, 10:57 PM   #8
Grarypealumma

I wonder if the dog likes grapes and raisins?
That's just wrong and mean.

Do you know what it is like for a dog to die of that poisonning?

---------- Post added at 01:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:55 PM ----------

I HATE Diplimatic imunity, works in the USA too...if a diplomat comes and kills 100 1 babies in front of a cop all they can do is deport them...if they are lucky.
I agree. If you are going to go somewhere, you should know/obey the law of that place. Whether it is someone elses' house or someone elses' country!

Old 04-28-2010, 11:08 PM   #9
oxixernibioge

That sucks.. I hope you can get through to them before that dog ends up mauling someone. They could atleast fix their fence if they care about their dog at all and the community.

Old 04-28-2010, 11:25 PM   #10
seawolferr

sorry @branson...

I would think that a child's life is more important than any law that would allow a HA dog to kill, maim, mutilate or disfigure a child. Wouldn't you agree the dog is suffering now since it's so HA/DA. It has to constantly live in hate and fear. It never knows peace always wanting to attack, kill, leave the remains and move on to the next victim.

sorry... now I'm ranting...

Old 04-29-2010, 04:42 PM   #11
cholleyhomeob

you can not carry a pistol in your country.. right?

Old 04-29-2010, 04:52 PM   #12
tramdoctorsss

I'm with Napurist here. I would call the authorities that handle dangerous animals first and do whatever I could to see the dog either properly confined or removed from the owners care. If that failed I would have to be seriously considering an alternative way to get rid of the dog and protect myself, my dogs and the innocent passersby that the dog attempts to maul. If I had to I would poison the dog and just try to do it in the most humane manner possible.

Old 04-29-2010, 05:12 PM   #13
CevepBiageCefm

Well, if they are indeed immune, I would talk very nicely and ask if you could fix their fence.
If they act like idiots again, warn everyone you can, and as mean as it is, I'd do something to the dog EVERY time he popped his head out after me. Can you carry a stun-gun? I bet to hell the dog would learn not to put his head through if every time he did he got to living heck shocked out of him.

Yeah, it's mean, and it's a dog doing what it was bred for, but I happen to think a person being hurt seriously is worth more than a nasty dog.

How big is the hole? Obviously big enough for it's head and neck... So perhaps you could find out something to block it fast. If the owners take it off, then they obviously want the dog hurting someone.

Old 04-29-2010, 07:45 PM   #14
Guloqkcm

I'd punch it in the snout. Hard. But, there is a chance of being bit.

It works for sharks doesn't it?

Old 04-29-2010, 07:46 PM   #15
CevepBiageCefm

I'd punch it in the snout. Hard.
Mmm... Trying punching 65+ pounds of snarling, moving dog in the face without getting teeth... It doesn't work well

Old 04-30-2010, 10:26 PM   #16
nannysuetle

well, I've filed a complaint and they can not do anything about it...

this pisses me off!
next time I have a scratch on my leg I'll kick the sh*t out of the psycho dog if she gets her head through the fence again.
I'll just say "well, she bit my leg! look!"

some people shouldn't own dogs

---------- Post added at 10:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 PM ----------

I also just found out (talking to my former best friend, the neighbors daughter) her dog got bitten by that gsd a couple weeks ago.
they didn't move an inch although they were just next to their front gate!

---------- Post added at 10:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 PM ----------

you can not carry a pistol in your country.. right?
unfortunately not...
I could try a airsoft gun... or maybe a paintball gun? it could get me in trouble, but not nearly as much as shooting a bullet through it's head

Old 04-30-2010, 10:26 PM   #17
unatkot

I'd punch it in the snout. Hard. But, there is a chance of being bit.

It works for sharks doesn't it?
I thought you were supposed to kiss sharks on the nose.

Honestly if there is nothing you can do just don't walk that way. Technically it's not 'out' of its yard and yes I'd worry for kids but I am sure the first kid it eats diplomatic immunity or not the media will make a stink.

Old 04-30-2010, 10:30 PM   #18
seperalem

carry a big rock or a lead pipe. sounds mean, but -F- that dog

Old 04-30-2010, 10:33 PM   #19
unatkot

I agree, I've been known to pick up rocks almost as big as me when a loose dog was coming at me. An attack through a fence is not much different, maybe you'd be doing everyone a favor.

Old 04-30-2010, 10:34 PM   #20
nannysuetle

it's not a problem to avoid it.
in fact, it tends to be useful to have that dog barking and growling it's head off while I practice on the "focus" command on the other side of the street, but it's really the kids I'm afraid of...

it would just be HORRIBLE if a child got bit and that dog started to try to pull it through the fence!

Reply to Thread New Thread