LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 04-23-2010, 12:09 AM   #1
Vomekayafboke

Default Worried About a "Pit Bull" in My Neighborhood
I was walking Lily today, and while she was sitting SO politely getting loved on by these two kids (I'd say maybe 6 and 12). The 12 year old girl seemed SO interested in learning the truth about APBTs, and we spent about 15 minutes talking about things like BSL, ATTS, CGC, proper training and confinement, it was awesome about how much she wanted to learn. They were telling me how their family wanted a pit bull but their neighbors wouldn't allow them to have one. I told them that was weird, since I live a block away and my next-next door neighbors also have a 'stud' pit bull, but that's another story.
Anyway, I asked them why their neighbors didn't want them to have a pit bull. Then the 6 year old cute as a button little boy tells me that there is a 'pit bull' on the other side of the street that routinely gets out of its yard and actually chased and BIT the boy and his friend.
I asked them if they had called animal control or anything, and they said that people have been called MULTIPLE times and NOTHING has been done.
This dog BIT a small child, and routinely gets out of it's yard, and nothing is done!?
Now I'm worried about walking Lily. If this dog chased and bit kids, I'm sure it would have no problem taking on Lily.
The reason I'm taking these kids words for it is because I don't think a 6 year old has knowledge enough to be misleading or cynical. Regardless of what breed it is, something should be done about that dog, and yet nothing has been done.

Old 04-23-2010, 12:19 AM   #2
saturninus.ribb

Kids misinterpret a lot of events, I wouldn't be so quick to get so up in arms.

Old 04-23-2010, 12:23 AM   #3
Vomekayafboke

I imagine a kid would know if he was being chased by a dog....

Old 04-23-2010, 12:25 AM   #4
CevepBiageCefm

How do you misinterpret being chased and bitten or seeing a dog loose?

Old 04-23-2010, 01:41 AM   #5
Averti$ingGuru

Don't go down that road, that's how you avoid that.

Old 04-23-2010, 01:48 AM   #6
bellson

How about maybe a loose pitbull or pit bull type (catastrophe) dog that chased the kids wanting to play and gave a nip? I think I might go talk to the kids parents as a concerned citizen just to check the validity of the story maybe.

Old 04-23-2010, 01:50 AM   #7
CevepBiageCefm

Cause chasing down kids to nip playfully is ok...

Old 04-23-2010, 01:54 AM   #8
Vomekayafboke

How about maybe a loose pitbull or pit bull type (catastrophe) dog that chased the kids wanting to play and gave a nip? I think I might go talk to the kids parents as a concerned citizen just to check the validity of the story maybe.
I'll probably see them again, and I'll definitely do that if I do see them again. I didn't think of it at the time.
Either way, the dog should not be loose, should not be chasing kids, and should not be nipping people, regardless of its motives. That's just how I see it.

Old 04-23-2010, 02:04 AM   #9
citicroego

Cause chasing down kids to nip playfully is ok...
If it is a puppy it would be understandable, Definitely something that needs to be stopped, but puppies to chase and nip and children almost always seem to do/act in the completely wrong manner when a dog is around.

Reply to Thread New Thread