LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 02-19-2010, 03:32 AM   #1
Imagimifouxum

Default Pit bull or ?
hey iv rescued this dog and would really love 2 know what you look think! iv bn told cud be colby, staff, hound lol, and staff cross pitt could you lot tell me what you think please?

Old 02-19-2010, 03:41 AM   #2
usaguedriedax

Without his peds there is no way to know. hes beautiful though - in my opinion (and its just an opinion..) he is pitbull or pitbull mix.. but like I said - without his papers - there is no way to know.. I can say this.. he is 100% beautiful..

Old 02-19-2010, 03:46 AM   #3
Imagimifouxum

thanks! im hoping to bread him like! or buy a bitch! hes nearly 3 now and i wud love another 1! hes like my best mate lol x

Old 02-19-2010, 03:48 AM   #4
NEWyear

You don't even know what he is so why not just rescue another best mate and give another dog a chance rather than creating a bunch more puppies to face an uncertain future?

Old 02-19-2010, 03:52 AM   #5
usaguedriedax

I agree with skippy.. do you even know how many unwanted dogs/puppies there are out there? the chance of his pups ending up in a shelter are very high.. get him neutered, rescue another wonderful dog who needs you just as much as he did!

Old 02-19-2010, 03:56 AM   #6
Imagimifouxum

get him neuted to the point that they are almost instint isit? leave the law win! u own pitbulls u know they no harm unless trained too.. if he is a pit witch i cnt really tell bcoz he was skin and born when i 1st had him! i can see where you coming from but if it was up to me id have 10 of the fuckers lol! iv had pugs, gold retrivers, sheep dogs, english bulls, what what ever he is id love another 1

Old 02-19-2010, 03:58 AM   #7
Sopsneork

get him neuted to the point that they are almost instint isit? leave the law win! u own pitbulls u know they no harm unless trained too.. if he is a pit witch i cnt really tell bcoz he was skin and born when i 1st had him! i can see where you coming from but if it was up to me id have 10 of the fuckers lol! iv had pugs, gold retrivers, sheep dogs, english bulls, what what ever he is id love another 1
Oh. My. God.
Here we go again............
I am promising myself to not comment further other than this:
Neuter your dog.
Read all the stickies about DA.
Read all the stickies about the benefits of spaying/neutering.
Learn, learn, learn before you even CONSIDER breeding, which you should not be doing since you have no ped and you have no way of knowing what your dog is. I'm just, I'm amazed, I'm in awe.....
That's the last thing I'm going to say on this subject.

Old 02-19-2010, 04:00 AM   #8
legal-advicer

thanks! im hoping to bread him like!
P.S. If you cant spell it, you ought not to think about doing it.

Old 02-19-2010, 04:04 AM   #9
Alexeryy

Like there is a shortage of pit bull looking mongrels out there, eh?

Old 02-19-2010, 04:04 AM   #10
AndrewBoss

I am not sure that every post I read is real. When in doubt, I believe it's better not to react.

Just me.

Old 02-19-2010, 04:04 AM   #11
IdomeoreTew

No, no. You don't breed a dog of unknown origin. He could be a carrier of a terrible recessive trit, he could father unhealthy puppies! And there are so many dying in shelters. If you want another, why not start meeting more shelter dogs and find one he can be friends with?
Please do neuter him though, bringing a litter of pups into the world is unfair if the parents are unknown.

If you are interested in breeding, why not go to some shows, weight pull, or agility events? You can meet people who could teach you a lot about it, and they could also show you how to choose and prove breeding stock.

Just love your dog, if you have him neutered, you can compete in lots of fun things, under a ltd reg!!

Old 02-19-2010, 04:05 AM   #12
Alexeryy

I am not sure that every post I read is real. When in doubt, I believe it's better not to react.

Just me.
Good words to live one's internet life by.

But sometimes it's just fun to take the bait

Old 02-19-2010, 04:08 AM   #13
Sopsneork

The OP obviously doesn't understand that his questions were answered, and doesn't agree, and never will. This is going to go nowhere.

Old 02-19-2010, 04:14 AM   #14
HornyMolly

A Letter from a Shelter Manager
Breeder Code of Ethics
health testing... Doesn't mean just a yearly vet check - health nutritional care
free and low-cost spay/neuter database - health nutritional care
points to consider before breeding your dog - general dog discussions
recognizing an unethical breeder - health nutritional care
are you a backyard breeder?
so, you want to breed your female?
what you don't see at the pound
warning: Very sad and true! A must watch for anyone who wants to breed.
:'( heartbreaking letter from a man who works at a highkill shelter

---------- Post added at 10:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 PM ----------

Dog in labor

---------- Post added at 10:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 PM ----------

What do I need to do before I breed my bitch?_
http://www.pitbull-chat.com/showthread.php?t=49976

Old 02-19-2010, 04:33 AM   #15
Imagimifouxum

.................................................. .................................................. ....................... thanks for that! i will do al the research i can if i go to breed! im sorry if for all this domestic on here..... just wanted you lot to tell me what you think my dog is! obv i got no papers because hes rescued! thanks anyways x

Old 02-19-2010, 04:37 AM   #16
Alexeryy

We all got censored. Tis cool, man. Ya need a thicker skin.

I am getting the vibe that you might not be in the states, so the idea of breeding a "rescued" pet dog with no clue as to what is behind it might not be such a... bizarre... idea. I'm not sure what the shelter situation is like where you're at, but here in the states it is an ugly one.

Old 02-19-2010, 04:38 AM   #17
7HlBQS8j

markfirefly
I am glad to hear that you are going to check the shelters I believe you may find yourself another great dog there. Tons of nice pits available all over so not much sense in breeding a dog that you are not sure exactly what the breed is and have no knowledge of his background.

Mark I am trying to understand what you are saying her and I will try and answer this but not sure if I am reading it correctly
get him neuted to the point that they are almost instint isit? leave the law win!

I think you are saying getting dogs neutered and spayed is causing the pitbull to become extinct and we are letting the Law win

This is very far from the truth we still have to many pitbulls being breed and then dumped off in the shelters and pounds.
People are not saying neuter your dog to let the law win neuter or spay animals that we do not want breeding because that allows the dogs to win better breeding programs means better dogs. Most backyard breeders do not have a solid foundation and understanding of breeding process so the quality of dogs may not be as good.

Also mark if your feeling get hurt that easily you are on the wrong site alot of the people here are very passionate about the APBT and are tired of the bad press,crappy owners and uneducated breeders that are ruining this bred.

Old 02-19-2010, 04:40 AM   #18
NEWyear

When you say rescued, do you mean stolen? Most decent rescues won't let a dog go intact, which if this is the case then you will have trouble getting any pups from it anyway.

Your arguement that they fall from favour shouldn't prevent you from breeding them is missing the point. There is no point breeding a bunch of pups which are likely to end up in bad situations. Plenty of dogs are already there and need help. Why not give one a leg up rather than potentially dumping another 6 in with them?

Old 02-19-2010, 04:46 AM   #19
Imagimifouxum

couldn agree more! you are well right!im from the uk so they are trying to ban or already banned these type of dogs! it really pisses me off! coz like u said the backyard breeders are basically breeding to fight!!! i just hate walking my dog down the street and people are seeing him and crossing to the other side. im getting where you are coming from! but i would just love to see the litter my dog would make! im 1000000% behind you lot for saving and trying to make pitbull legal, sorry if i upset few of you iv had a very hard day at work! hope to speak to you soon, keep in touch xxxx

Old 02-19-2010, 04:47 AM   #20
flienianO

couldnt have been said any better than that....even if ya know what he is breeding for no other reason than to b breeding is why there are so many dogs that need to be rescusd today!! he is a good lookin boy.

Reply to Thread New Thread