LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 01-20-2010, 04:36 AM   #1
Siuchingach

Default I want a pit bull puppy
I've been thinking a lot lately about getting an APBT puppy, but should i adopt it or get it from a breeder?

And if i were to get it from a breeder, any suggestions on kennels?

I've never bought a dog from a breeder, all the animals in my life, with the exception of my asain water monitor have been from rescues.

I'd really like to get involved in weight pulling and agility, but i have no intentions of showing for the ukc or abda*or something like that*.

and since i have no intentions of showing would it be better to adopt?

Also should i wait to add a new dog to the faimly? I have three already all mutts

Ace Male -3-Fixed

Scruffy-8- Female Fixed

Boo-5-Female Fixed

Now Ace is really good with other dogs. Boo is kept seperate from both Ace and Scruffy because she is very "iffy" around Ace, and if she sees Scruffy she is ready to kill. Scruffy is usually very tolerant of other dogs esspecially when they are smaller than her, she's older so she doesn't like to play a lot with dogs but when she's bothered she just gets up and leaves the area where the dog is.

Old 01-20-2010, 07:34 AM   #2
Fdmnrnba

you got a lot on your plate there my friend. and getting another APBT might mean a 4th dog seperated from the other dogs as well, they might get along, they might not. Im not sure where to get a good APBT, depends on what your looking for in a pup.

Old 01-25-2010, 06:56 PM   #3
lomonel

i think it just depends on what your plans on for an APBT puppy.
i only plan on buying from a real reputable APBT breeder, if i was planning
on showing in conformation, weight pulling, agility, dock diving, etc with the UKC, ADBA etc.
otherwise if i just want a pet quality puppy/dog, i'll get one from a rescue/shelter.

i think its silly for people to buy a pet quality puppy from a reputable breeder if they are NOT into showing or working,
but thats just me. i understand they want a puppy with a known background, parents history, pedigree, papers etc, etc.
still there are millions of pet quality puppies and dogs in shelters, if you just want a PET.

---------- Post added at 12:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 PM ----------

Starting Out In Agility
Weight Pulling

Old 01-25-2010, 07:16 PM   #4
MasdMnPa

The best way to find the type of dog you want is to go to shows and such. There you will be able to check out some great dogs and go from there.

Old 01-25-2010, 07:39 PM   #5
gambleingsites

do you really have that much time and money to put into another dog?
sounds like you have a full plate now...

Old 01-25-2010, 08:04 PM   #6
JorgiOLusinio

I totally agree with APBTlover09 and I think looking at a shelter or rescue is a great idea if you aren't entering your new pup into shows.
You do have quite a few dogs already, I commend you!

Old 01-25-2010, 09:10 PM   #7
Siuchingach

i think it just depends on what your plans on for an APBT puppy.
i only plan on buying from a real reputable APBT breeder, if i was planning
on showing in conformation, weight pulling, agility, dock diving, etc with the UKC, ADBA etc.
otherwise if i just want a pet quality puppy/dog, i'll get one from a rescue/shelter.

i think its silly for people to buy a pet quality puppy from a reputable breeder if they are NOT into showing or working,
but thats just me. i understand they want a puppy with a known background, parents history, pedigree, papers etc, etc.
still there are millions of pet quality puppies and dogs in shelters, if you just want a PET.

---------- Post added at 12:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 PM ----------

Starting Out In Agility
Weight Pulling
Yeah i'd really like a dog for weight pulling and agility.
But i've decided to wait on the new dog.

Old 01-25-2010, 09:18 PM   #8
lomonel

Yeah i'd really like a dog for weight pulling and agility.
But i've decided to wait on the new dog.
okay if i sounded bratty in my post, i'm sorry *hugs*

Reply to Thread New Thread