LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 01-17-2010, 06:35 PM   #1
pataagusata

Default Another Pit Bull related injury
and it's a grusome one...

DH let the dogs out this morning, then they come in our bedroom.
Rosie jumps on the bed and viciously attackes DH....with her tail.
Hit him hard enough across the eye he saw stars.
If it leaves a mark, to protect Rosie, I'll say I hit him.

Old 01-17-2010, 07:42 PM   #2
chuecafresss

O what a monster you have!!! Alert the authorities!!! Lol. Their tails are so strong, Ive gotten hit in the leg, and damn does it hurt. Also, things on my coffee table don't stand a chance, they get whacked and fly off!! And I love how you'd claim that you him him-Priceless!!!

Old 01-17-2010, 08:54 PM   #3
horaAppagob

I can relate to tail whipping injuries,my dogs clear coffee tables,knock over lamps,and beat me with their tails to bruising and their tails HURT.lol.... That's hilarious about saying YOU hit him to save your dog! (tell him to say got into a fight with some big bodybuilder or something, and tell him to say- you think ''I'' look bad,but MAN you should see the other guy.......lol) LMAO

I have had some nasty 'oopsie' injuries from dogs. My major one was a broken nose,fractured cheekbone and greenstick in my eye socket with a concussion,from an overly exhuberant doberman during play(he head butted me full force in the face).That and many sprains and bruises,a torn shoulder(knocked over by my gsd and hand planted trying to catch myself),and untold amount of nail scratches,and ''almost'' injuries.

Old 01-17-2010, 09:17 PM   #4
jerzeygymwolf

Lucy gets me with her tail constantly...I swear I have a permanent bruise on my leg! I've always thought they need to crop the tails instead of the ears

---------- Post added at 04:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:15 PM ----------

Lucy's also broken 2 guys noses by head butting when they wrestle and last night cut my chin open when we were playing (she didn't "bit" but I somehow got by chin in her mouth )

Old 01-18-2010, 03:06 AM   #5
MegaJIT

I'm surprised Bella hasn't broken her tail smacking it up against everything. I saw a Boxer once that didn't have a docked tail, and he had such a bad case of happy tail, that both his sides ended up bloody from where he split the end of his tail.

Bella had busted my lip twice and bruised my eyebrow once with her block head.

Old 01-18-2010, 04:55 AM   #6
JosephNF

Bella had busted my lip twice and bruised my eyebrow once with her block head.
OOOH yes. Those heads will get you every time. You'll be like, can I have a kiss, and they'll say OH YES *BANG*! And then as your writhing in pain they're giving you kisses..... It's love.

Old 01-18-2010, 05:05 AM   #7
c6vkuNRg

OOOH yes. Those heads will get you every time. You'll be like, can I have a kiss, and they'll say OH YES *BANG*! And then as your writhing in pain they're giving you kisses..... It's love.
Yep! Sounds just like Cleo lol.

Old 01-18-2010, 02:10 PM   #8
derinasderun

Odie got annoyed with me the other day and he pawed me in the face because I didn't get him outside quick enough, My whole side of my cheek was swollen. I asked at work if there were lines on my face but they told me no. Then I asked a customer and she said my cheek was puffy, still sore from this past week.

Old 01-18-2010, 02:55 PM   #9
naturaherbal

Poor DH! Those tails are something else! They hurt big time!!! Our oldest is a real butt wagger and jeepers that thing goes to town. Even my walls have bruses! The people we got our youngest from had the tails docked on the entire litter at 2 days of age. While some/most might be against that...having one with and one without....I'm all for docking so long as it's done at birth. Our first pit (many moons ago) had his tail docked too. I recall seeing many pits back then with docked tails. I guess it went out of style? I for one like it for many reasons. And no, my youngest doesn't have balance issues! LOL

Old 01-18-2010, 08:37 PM   #10
JosephNF

Poor DH! Those tails are something else! They hurt big time!!! Our oldest is a real butt wagger and jeepers that thing goes to town. Even my walls have bruses! The people we got our youngest from had the tails docked on the entire litter at 2 days of age. While some/most might be against that...having one with and one without....I'm all for docking so long as it's done at birth. Our first pit (many moons ago) had his tail docked too. I recall seeing many pits back then with docked tails. I guess it went out of style? I for one like it for many reasons. And no, my youngest doesn't have balance issues! LOL
I'm not sure it so much fell out of fashion as people just stopped caring. Docking tails takes money, and that's something BYBs don't have a lot of. So when those puppies get dumped at shelters, they're already too old to dock their tails. I'm glad Lily's tail isn't docked. As painful as it is, when she wags it her whole body wriggles, and I think it makes her look friendlier to people afraid of pits. When she smiles and her whole body is wagging it makes people want to give her hugs, even if they don't like pits.

Reply to Thread New Thread