LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 03-02-2010, 03:22 AM   #1
Jjfotqse

Default Please join us in helping Turtle
This sweet young pit bull named Turtle was found abandoned and severely wounded by the side of the road in Hyde Park. She is believed to have been a “bait dog” used to test the strengths of other animals in dog fighting. Thankfully she was found and is getting care, but her recovery will be a long one, and her medical expenses are several thousands of dollars.

You can support Turtle by buying a special Turtle t-shirt for $15.00 at www.arlboston.org/spynergy or if you're in the Boston/Wellesley area, please sign up for our spin class fundraiser being held Saturday, January 16, 2010. You'll get a terrific workout, hear great music, and be supporting a wonderful cause.
100% of money raised will go directly to the Animal Rescue League for Turtle's care.

Thank you!!

Old 03-02-2010, 04:18 AM   #2
bubbachew14

Im going to be honest here in saying that I have seen posts like this in the past and MOST people dont give money here. Heres why, a lot of people come and go needing help with medical costs but its really hard to say whats legit and not. Im not saying you arent legit I am just saying that being new here and the first thing thats going on is asking for money, sometimes it just pushes people the wrong way.

Do you have pictures? More info? anything on this poor dog?

Old 03-02-2010, 04:24 AM   #3
Jjfotqse

Yes, there's quite a bit of information that's already been posted on the forum about Turtle and you can read more about her at the Animal Rescue League of Boston's website, which is what I included a link to.

If you go to www.arlboston.org you'll see photos and details about Turtle.

---------- Post added at 10:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 PM ----------

Here's the specific link: http://arlb.convio.net/site/PageServ..._Park_Bait_Dog

Thanks for asking after her. Happily she is doing well and is truly an amazing dog.

Old 05-01-2010, 08:43 PM   #4
abOfU9nJ

Miss turtle has a thread here... I'm glad she's doing so well.

---------- Post added at 02:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 PM ----------

But please, while you're hear, do a search for "The bait dog myth" in the forums.

Old 05-01-2010, 08:57 PM   #5
Jjfotqse

I find it odd that what some people focus on in this story is the bait dog aspect of it. The point is this sweet animal faced horrible suffering.

And this wasn't some uninformed media person who said that's what happened. It's someone who has been involved in law enforcement for decades and has seen what's happened in dog fighting. Bottom line, it's a sick way to treat an animal.

Old 05-02-2010, 12:18 AM   #6
abOfU9nJ

*sigh* if you read the posts, you'll see that the same members who are irked about someone else calling it a bait dog, when there is no proof, are the ones who are following her story and praying for her and are joyful that she's recovering..

Old 05-02-2010, 03:36 AM   #7
Jjfotqse

We are so grateful for the support and well wishes she has received.

I understand the sensitivity owners have when stories hit the news about pitbulls involved in dog fighting, but to me this story illustrates the very point that this breed is not something to be feared. Turtle is a gentle and friendly dog.

Old 05-02-2010, 03:45 AM   #8
sposicke

Have you checked with Pit Bull Rescue Central? Sometimes, they will help out with medical costs. You can contact them at Pit Bull Rescue Central . Also, when Bella had to go to the E-vet, we had to sign up for Care Credit... it was worth it, being as her visit that day was almost $400.00.

Old 05-02-2010, 04:43 AM   #9
abOfU9nJ

PBRC helped me place a dog. They are very helpful with everything.

Old 05-02-2010, 04:49 AM   #10
Jjfotqse

Thanks very much, I'll connect with them.

Reply to Thread New Thread