LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 03-12-2009, 09:53 PM   #1
Shootohoist

Default my mom clarifyed herself on where she stands
Im so happy right now I e-mailed my mom last night about the temperment testing and badrap.com and AKC and UKC to show her how APBT and AST are great family pets. She and I had a rather one sided argument this Thanksgiving about them, and now she clarifyed...she is not to go on on the spot things that she believes a little differently or even the same as me about. Well she just basicly said she things the dogs are not bad but with the wrong owners they are, she had a German Shepard growing up and she explained how when she was training it the trainer told her how the police dogs would get fed by there handler and then eventually beaten to "show who the master was" and it made them mean. She knows that does not happen now with them but back then it did and so they had a bad rap and so does the pitbull now because of bad owners. I just e-mailed her back about how I beleive that they should regulate and take dogs away from people that do not meet a criteria...did not say waht it was but just so people don't bash me...I think anyone that has ever been convicted of a sever case of animal abuse or any child abuse should not own a pet at all...I think a convicted felon should have to go through hoops to get a dog like a pitbull, I think that it should be mandetory for a owner to go through a course on pitbulls and the dog should have to go through at least one full class to graduation of Obediance training....its not to hard of criteria but yea I just think it would deter some of the people that get the dogs for guarding and things like that...yea it would not stop all the bad people but the people that are just ignorant then there dog is roaming free and kills the naighbors JRT would not happen as often. I know Im rambling but I really do not want someone bashing me on my opinion, its mine and you can have yours but I just think that there should be more regulation when getting a dog in general...here is your 100$ and your form and I got Goren...I don't mind getting him I love him but I think I shoulda had more hoops to jump through.

I am just so happy my mom does not hate this breed...I don't think she knows Goren is a "pitbull" mix I think she probably thinks he is a lab mix and next time I go to the doc. I am ganna try to see if he thinks he is one because it would be nice to get it on paper even though he is not so BSL does not effect him as much. I am ganna keep my mom educated and I think she actually looked at the sites I sent her I was expecting an e-mail from her saying she did not have time to look but she did I am happy because I did not want to argue with her and so I did it that way so we both would have to hear eachother out. I will say that is one less vote FOR BSL and one more at least nutral...I am not saying she would go to meetings about it but at least it means she wont vote against me.

---------- Post added at 03:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 PM ----------

o wow that is long...sorry for it being so long Im just happy and wanted to share my thoughts and not get bashed at the same time

Old 03-12-2009, 10:29 PM   #2
toksenveste

Glad your mom is at least willing to look at this breed with her own eyes, instead of through the eyes of the media.

Old 03-12-2009, 10:51 PM   #3
Belindanan

Good to hear!!

Old 03-12-2009, 11:01 PM   #4
velichay

My mom was the same way.
The day I got my dog I didn't mention the breed. A week later the news of the breed leaked, and all hell broke loose. My mom felt uneasy around the dog, so I limited our visits to my parents.
Until one day, my mom called and ask why I come so rarely. I told her that if I come I take the dog with me, and she said she was ok.
Now my mom can't stop talking about Uma, and all of her friends now are aware of the rust colored pit bull Uma who does not eat people for lunch.

Old 03-12-2009, 11:26 PM   #5
Shootohoist

My mom was the same way.
The day I got my dog I didn't mention the breed. A week later the news of the breed leaked, and all hell broke loose. My mom felt uneasy around the dog, so I limited our visits to my parents.
Until one day, my mom called and ask why I come so rarely. I told her that if I come I take the dog with me, and she said she was ok.
Now my mom can't stop talking about Uma, and all of her friends now are aware of the rust colored pit bull Uma who does not eat people for lunch.
aww that gives me more hope, she is accepting of the breed, but that does not mean she is accepting of me owning one...YET...I am ganna keep at her, she knows I know a lot of things about animals so I just think it will come down to me showing her I can handle it.

Old 03-13-2009, 12:34 AM   #6
velichay

aww that gives me more hope, she is accepting of the breed, but that does not mean she is accepting of me owning one...YET...I am ganna keep at her, she knows I know a lot of things about animals so I just think it will come down to me showing her I can handle it.
Good luck. I know how it can be.

Old 06-12-2009, 10:15 PM   #7
ViaplyVuple

when i got my pit voss from a shelter, he was 2yrs 2months old. i brought him to my grandpas house and he played with him and liked him, but he was SCARED of him lol. i think he said after like a week of being around him he LOVED my dog. and he also thinks pits are actually nice dogs too. now my dad on the other hand, he likes my dog and is too scared to play with him but he does like him. he read some APBT books and stuff saying about there temperament and he just think the books are weird...the newspaper always talks about the dogs mauling kids and stuff. he always tells me to be careful when i walk my dog and stuff. but they all at least dont dislike them.

Old 06-12-2009, 10:19 PM   #8
Shootohoist

yea I just wish my parents would play with him...they wont because my dad has sever allergies and asthma so I cannot even dream of asking them to put my dads breathing in jeopardy. I am still so happy that my mom clarified herself and that she is not stupid lol.

Reply to Thread New Thread