LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 11-20-2009, 11:13 PM   #1
Garry Hovard

Default need to vent...
my sister bought a male french bulldog about a month ago (the day after I had my boy pts ) but really, she shouldn't even own a goldfish

she just doesn't want to listen when I try to give her advise on how to raise a pup...
he pees inside? instead of picking up the pup and putting it outside in the yard, and treat if he does outside, she grabs him and rubs his nose into it?
it's just getting frustrating!

I don't want to do someone elses job on raising a pup, my pup will soon arrive (on the 26th) and I don't want to be raising 2 pups, especially not one that's not mine...

that damn dog even swallows (and I really mean swallow, he doesn't bite on it or nothing) live rats! it's just gross...

she doesn't want to enrole him into OB classes altough she admits she should because "he's to stubborn and stupid to listen to me!" well, maybe you could try the RIGHT way to raise a pup and take advice from more educated people?

Old 11-20-2009, 11:26 PM   #2
phernikas

You should just kick her.

Old 11-20-2009, 11:28 PM   #3
bDvYaQfM

why does it upset you she bought a dog after you put yours to sleep when you are getting ready to get a new dog yourself?

Old 11-20-2009, 11:34 PM   #4
mvjvz

poor little baby frenchie where did she get the puppy from?

Old 11-20-2009, 11:34 PM   #5
Garry Hovard

I had my dog pts on the 9th of october, and she got her dog the 10th. I'm getting my new pup on 26 of november, there is a big difference between the two, don't ya think?

Old 11-20-2009, 11:36 PM   #6
mvjvz

give this link to your sister.
French Bulldog Worldwide Forum Index

Old 11-20-2009, 11:37 PM   #7
Garry Hovard

that's even the worst part of it... she got if from our local puppy mill...
told her not to... but it's her money, her dog... glad she'll soon be out of the house (on the end of decembre)

Old 11-20-2009, 11:44 PM   #8
Old-old-Ivy

Ummm..... why does she let the dog swallow live rats???

Old 11-20-2009, 11:59 PM   #9
wmhardware

be carefull wit that new dog and the lil one under the same roof, im sure you will be, but were all slippin at some point and that could be an ugly situation later on.

Old 11-21-2009, 12:20 AM   #10
QvhhbjLy

It's hard when your advice falls on deaf ears, I know. I'd just keep suggesting OB classes to her...maybe bring home some literature from someone offering classes if you can get it. If you could possibly teach him a trick or something she might realize that he's not too stupid or stubborn to listen (though I know it's not your responsibility to teach him anything, hopefully it'll open her eyes).

IDK, it's just a thought. I wish you luck.

Old 11-21-2009, 12:29 AM   #11
Anfester

that's even the worst part of it... she got if from our local puppy mill...
told her not to... but it's her money, her dog... glad she'll soon be out of the house (on the end of decembre)
Puppy Mill huh?

Live rats ain't all it's probably going to be eating....raise your pup when you get it...can't worry about what's going to be going on with hers.

Old 11-21-2009, 03:30 AM   #12
weO1bVp1

Uh, how can it be swallowing live rodents without biting them? Rats are vicious, they wouldn't be swallowed without fighting back very badly.

Sorry she's doing that. I have a brother (hasn't lived with me for 6 years though) who does the same, but he's got a bulldog and a chihuahua.

Old 11-21-2009, 03:31 AM   #13
Heopretg2006

She can send it here. LOL.

Sorry that you have to put up with that.

Old 11-21-2009, 03:36 AM   #14
jaydicassdhy

my sister bought a male french bulldog about a month ago (the day after I had my boy pts ) but really, she shouldn't even own a goldfish

she just doesn't want to listen when I try to give her advise on how to raise a pup...
he pees inside? instead of picking up the pup and putting it outside in the yard, and treat if he does outside, she grabs him and rubs his nose into it?
it's just getting frustrating!

I don't want to do someone elses job on raising a pup, my pup will soon arrive (on the 26th) and I don't want to be raising 2 pups, especially not one that's not mine...

that damn dog even swallows (and I really mean swallow, he doesn't bite on it or nothing) live rats! it's just gross...

she doesn't want to enrole him into OB classes altough she admits she should because "he's to stubborn and stupid to listen to me!" well, maybe you could try the RIGHT way to raise a pup and take advice from more educated people?
*rolls eyes* I know how you feel. As a trainer myself, I GET SOOOO UPSET! I trained my sisters dog because she couldn't! (Guess who the dog listened to?) As for the potty training she is doing it VERY wrong! Tell her that taking the dog to Obedience Classes will help it listen to her! Goodness, some people!

Old 11-21-2009, 03:49 AM   #15
mvjvz

stupid puppy millers, grrrr anyway your sister, should send the (frenchie/french bulldog) puppy to me
sorry to hear you have deal with your uneducated sister.

Old 11-21-2009, 03:51 AM   #16
Old-old-Ivy

She's going to have a mess on her hands if she doesn't get a handle on that pup now... once he's grown, it will be too late.

Old 11-21-2009, 03:54 AM   #17
mvjvz

http://www.ehow.com/how_2136906_care...h-bulldog.html

Old 11-22-2009, 08:10 PM   #18
fount_pirat

Goodness Ganja, your sister sounds like my Mom's bf. He said the right way to make a dog or puppy quit jumping on you is to put a 20lb. chain around their neck. He told me he was going to do that to his dog's pups when they are older...over my dead body! Maybe once you get your pup in you can show her how you are training him/her and she will see the results herself!

Old 11-22-2009, 09:14 PM   #19
Garry Hovard

still no changes...
the live rodents (a total of 2 rats and a mouce) he is eating are the ones the cats are taking in... he jumps on the cats and eats their "prey"... if it's not live, he finds some dead ones our cats have catched and left them in the yard... it's just disgusting!

if she doesn't do anything about her dog, she will have to deal with the consequences... I'm tired of cleaning other people's mess...

Reply to Thread New Thread