LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 02-11-2009, 04:16 PM   #1
skupaemauto

Default Where do your dogs sleep?
Bully and Lucy sleep in their crate 90% of the time. If I happen to randomly have another dog and not another crate then the other dog gets the crate and they get to sleep in bed with us. If ever my husband isn't home they also get the bed.

What I don't understand is how if I let them sleep in my bed they stay there the whole night and don't move. If I make them try and sleep on the floor (our bed is just not big enough for all of us) then they walk around the house forever and keep playing instead of sleeping.

So where do your dogs sleep?

Old 02-11-2009, 04:30 PM   #2
nerohedfrs

Odie starts the night on the floor but after my hubby falls asleep he's on the bed with us. And in the morning he's snoozing on the bed with me till it's time to get up.

Old 02-11-2009, 04:35 PM   #3
Inenuedbabnor

All of mine sleep on the bed...My two Fosters are in the crates which I have one on each side of the bed.

Old 02-11-2009, 04:40 PM   #4
DghtRdc

Depends.. sometimes we will let them sleep with us. The male Lance will sleep with my youngest son whenever he stays over, otherwise, he sleeps downstairs on his couch. Jesse will sleep with the mid son whenever he stays over, otherwise, she is downstairs too.

Old 02-11-2009, 05:05 PM   #5
Sttim

it depends....if its raining,Dante sleeps in the tub. usually he's on the couch or in my bed. Sid sleeps on my left, Chevy's head is usually by my right ear(where he smacks until he falls asleep)

Old 02-11-2009, 05:08 PM   #6
doolarsva

Crates. Since winter is coming up I might start rotating letting them sleep with me. For the extra warmth! lol

Old 02-11-2009, 06:43 PM   #7
Inenuedbabnor

Crates. Since winter is coming up I might start rotating letting them sleep with me. For the extra warmth! lol
This is actually the Only reason I look forward to winter...I love that extra body heat

I'm such a wuss when it comes to coldness ... and believe it or not it does get darned COLD in Florida during the winter time...

Old 02-11-2009, 06:45 PM   #8
doolarsva

This is actually the Only reason I look forward to winter...I love that extra body heat

I'm such a wuss when it comes to coldness ... and believe it or not it does get darned COLD in Florida during the winter time...
Me too. Lol I'm a baby. I'm a desert dweller... I like 120* heat!

Old 02-11-2009, 07:39 PM   #9
siklop

Sassafrass and Maisy sleep in bed with me....
Gretchen sleeps on a big comfy bed right next to the bed (she's afraid of heights..won't get on the bed or the couch)

Old 02-11-2009, 07:42 PM   #10
Rnlvifov

they will only sleep in my bed, when i say they can. otherwise, they will sleep in their doggy beds, or crates in my bedroom.

Old 02-11-2009, 08:00 PM   #11
CHyLmxDr

Osiris sleeps with us on my side of the bed. Sometimes he will start out in his crate or the bathroom floor but always ends up in the bed right next to me

Old 02-11-2009, 08:02 PM   #12
metrocartockasur

Me too. Lol I'm a baby. I'm a desert dweller... I like 120* heat!

You aren't alone!

Where my dogs sleep, usually depends on how dirty they are
Each night it's something different... Last night, Ruger slept on the floor, Rece slept in a crate, and Bukra slept in a crate for the first half of the night and then slept with me for the second half (after he woke me up because he had to potty).

The night before, all three slept in crates.

The night before that, all three slept in bed with me.

They never know what's coming!

Old 02-11-2009, 08:04 PM   #13
erepsysoulptnw

Most of the time, Mollie is always under the covers (while I cling to the edge), even in the heat of summer. Bella, here lately, has decided she likes the bed better than the crate. The other 4 all sleep inside, in their crates.

Old 02-11-2009, 08:08 PM   #14
FUNALA

JC sleeps with me

Old 02-11-2009, 08:18 PM   #15
saerensenatljn

Odin either sleeps in the bed with me or he sleeps on the couch in my room. I never know which he'll pick. When he does sleep in the bed, he usually stands next to my face and looks at me until I lift up the covers so he can sleep down near my feet. Then in the morning, if he doesn't want to get out of bed, he lays next to me with his head on my shoulder and acts cute. He's discovered it will usually get him an extra 30 mins in bed while he head is being scratched

Old 02-11-2009, 08:33 PM   #16
Lt_Apple

My dog sleeps between my husband and me on the bed. Sometimes he sleeps at the head of the bed on a pillow between us so he can get covers on a cold night.

Old 02-11-2009, 08:36 PM   #17
Inenuedbabnor

Sassafrass and Maisy sleep in bed with me....
Gretchen sleeps on a big comfy bed right next to the bed (she's afraid of heights..won't get on the bed or the couch)
Interesting...I catered to my oldest dog Freedom. She has arthritis pretty bad. I had my king mattress up on box springs and a couple twin mattresses...I got rid of the mattresses to lower the bed for her to be easier on her body

Old 02-11-2009, 08:42 PM   #18
DeedPatmeda

Right now it is very difficult for me to sleep so not only is the hubby sleeping on the sofa but Logan sleeps in his bed next to our bed. He has always been allowed on our bed but I need as much room as possible and you don't get that when you have a dog sleeping with you.

Old 02-12-2009, 12:32 AM   #19
ZenDers

Notch and Tess sleep in the living room on dog beds.

The rest sleep in their dog houses.

Old 02-12-2009, 01:35 AM   #20
CAxrrAYN

Veronica sleeps in bed with us.

When my husband comes to bed she doesn't fit under the covers; so in the winter she has her own blanket to wrap up in.

Reply to Thread New Thread