LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 01-02-2009, 11:28 AM   #1
Clolmemaexata

Thanks for the speedy reply people....
here is a pic of the pup i was talking about...

Im looking to buy another blue boy to add to my family but dont want to have to buy one and find out it isnt ok with the ukc cause of some kink in a pup, if anyone knows a breeder that may send a pup to athens greece it would be great...no bully types please....thanks for all your info...you guys have made my reading of apbt an easy one.

Old 01-02-2009, 02:49 PM   #2
stadiaKab

That pup is "Liver"...very cute

Old 01-02-2009, 04:39 PM   #3
Clolmemaexata

Oh ok "Liver",
Under what color would it be registered as?
Never know unless you ask...right.

Old 01-02-2009, 05:11 PM   #4
Pataacculakp

That pup is still young. My guess is the pigment just hasn't filled in yet.

Old 01-02-2009, 08:00 PM   #5
maxfreemann

I wouldn't call that pup liver. Liver is the same as chocolate, and is a much darker color. He looks similar to the coco fawn on the colors page of APBT Conformation. http://www.apbtconformation.com/colors.htm And his nose is dudley, meaning lacking pigment entirely. It may fill in, or it may not. Of course, if one wanted to breed that dog, you'd want to breed him to a female with very strong pigment only.

Old 01-03-2009, 01:18 AM   #6
Ikrleprl

The names "bluenose", "blacknose", "rednose" are just a physical description on the color of the nose itself...nothing else...

I think some get confused when the parents were say a "bluenose" (Bb,dd) and a "rednose" (bb,Dd) and mate. You could get a "bluenose" (Bb,dd) or a "rednose" (bb,Dd) or a "liver color" (bb,dd) or a "blacknose" (Bb,Dd)...

B=Black
b=brown
D=Full Expression of pigment
d=diluted expression of pigment

(letters in CAPS are dominant genes)
To be honest...I'm still a bit confused. My dog had 1 parent considered to be a blue nose and 1 considered to be a red nose. I never know what to say when people ask me which she is...because her nose looks to be neither to me.

What would you guys say with regard to the dog in my avatar?

OK...actually her nose looks really dark in the avatar. How about this?

Old 01-03-2009, 02:00 AM   #7
Pataacculakp

Jazzy, If someone asks you what color nose your dog has, ask them why it matters. lol.
It doesn't really determine anything, it's just a color. I think that dog's nose would be considered red, though. I believe people put too much stock on nose color to be honest.

Old 01-03-2009, 02:04 AM   #8
Cucoulkrory

I believe people put too much stock on nose color to be honest.
Me too.......and I have absolutely no idea why....

Old 01-03-2009, 02:42 AM   #9
adactthrd

Is that pup APBT or AMBully? Kind of looks Bully to me and I do not think he/she is blue, but then again he/she could darken as it gets older. Nikki darken alot as she got older.

Old 01-03-2009, 02:43 AM   #10
Ikrleprl

Jazzy, If someone asks you what color nose your dog has, ask them why it matters. lol.
It doesn't really determine anything, it's just a color. I think that dog's nose would be considered red, though. I believe people put too much stock on nose color to be honest.
I agree; I've never understood the obsession with noses.

But yes, V.s nose does look red in that picture; but I swear the damn thing changes color.

Old 01-03-2009, 05:29 AM   #11
maxfreemann

Veronica looks like a coco fawn as well, IMO.

Old 02-01-2009, 01:49 AM   #12
Clolmemaexata

Default A blue rednose pitbull
Hi everyone,
I have a question....
If anyone can help ill be grateful...
Is it possible to have a blue pitbull pup which has a red nose? is that against any standards...please any info would be much apreciated.
Thanks in advance

Old 02-01-2009, 03:23 AM   #13
Karpattaisp

A blue coated dog can only have a blue nose. It can be a butterfly or dudly nose where parts are pink but that's not the same as a red nosed dog. It's genetics, nothing to do with standards, just not possible. Just like a blue dog can't have a black nose as their pigment is diluted. Someone may pop in with the markers for coloring and a better explanation, I was terrible at genetics in science class.

Old 02-01-2009, 03:53 AM   #14
stadiaKab

The names "bluenose", "blacknose", "rednose" are just a physical description on the color of the nose itself...nothing else...

I think some get confused when the parents were say a "bluenose" (Bb,dd) and a "rednose" (bb,Dd) and mate. You could get a "bluenose" (Bb,dd) or a "rednose" (bb,Dd) or a "liver color" (bb,dd) or a "blacknose" (Bb,Dd)...

B=Black
b=brown
D=Full Expression of pigment
d=diluted expression of pigment

(letters in CAPS are dominant genes)

Old 02-01-2009, 04:22 AM   #15
Friend_Joe

Is it possible to have a blue pitbull pup which has a red nose?
You CAN have a blue dog who has such pale pigment that the nose appears pinkish, and some mistake this for the red of a "red-nose" dog.

It is not a fault in UKC and ADBA conformation standards.

Carla

Old 02-01-2009, 06:06 AM   #16
Chooriwrocaxz

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x.../lifepuppy.jpg

closest to blue rednose you'll see i am sure, and majority of the time the nose gains color pigment as the pup grows. At least with my white dog as a pup his nose was mostly red/splotch and as he matured it turned solid black

Old 02-02-2009, 10:23 AM   #17
Clolmemaexata

Ok i get it...thanks for the help people....
bahamutt99 thanks for the site...it will be helpful.

Here is something else i can use your help with.
As you all probably know by now, Greece is way back in anything concerning the APBT, i guess people here don't register their dog's much and even less people really know much about the breed in general.
We have no show's what so ever, very rarely do we have any meetings...so this is where i need some help....

How would i go about starting something like a pitbull show ring? maybe if i manage to start it and some people do come......it may help change things. I know it is a tough question but your help would be much appreciated.

Old 02-02-2009, 10:51 AM   #18
Indessasp

someone asked me if my pit mix was a blue or red nose, mind you, these were like 10 year old boys. i said to them , BLACK NOSE! HAHA!

Old 02-02-2009, 12:27 PM   #19
Andrew1978

What is WITH the sudden flood of that colour dog, and no one knows what to call it?

If you google image "blue fawn" THAT is what you get the majority of.. people are thinking it IS a form of blue, when it's on the chocolate/brown scale (as opposed to the black, which dilutes into blue).

It's a pretty colour though!

Oh, and in answer to the OP's question.. the pup is displaying a dudley nose, and pigment usually fills in as the pup gets older. (even though it's already been said!)

Old 02-02-2009, 06:34 PM   #20
Goodwin

Lol, and I own the "rainbow" of APBT lol. I got a black, black and white, erd and chocolate And their noses collaborate

Reply to Thread New Thread