LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 01-10-2009, 07:34 AM   #1
nursopoutaras

LOL at the 4th pic down in the first post.Poor boy .

Old 01-10-2009, 03:51 PM   #2
Alex

Your boy doesn't look skinny to me, that red female (IMO) is horrendously overweight. Plus, she is a mature dog, while he appears to be going through a case of the "puppy uglies." Once he matures & fills out I think you will find he will look very much like the red female. But this is JMHO. You can consider him whatever you wish, but I will side with the rest of the fanciers here - if you don't think hes a Bull Mastiff, just call him a Bull Mastiff mix & be done with it. If you call him a pit bull or pit bull mix (which BTW I see no influence of PB in him in any way) you're just asking for trouble!
he is 4 years of age he is not a puppy...

Old 01-10-2009, 11:00 PM   #3
Koayrbzh

Molosser breeds do not even BEGIN to mature out until the age of 3. Until the age of 3 they're still considered puppies. So your dog is considered by molosser standards as just having outgrown puppyhood. At the age of 4 he is a very young adult who still has growing to do. Most molosser breeds to not reach their complete adult height & girth until the age of 5.

(Posted as a former owner of 2 Neapolitan Mastiffs, 1 American Bandogge Mastiff & 1 English Mastiff)

Old 02-10-2009, 08:42 AM   #4
Alex

Molosser breeds do not even BEGIN to mature out until the age of 3. Until the age of 3 they're still considered puppies. So your dog is considered by molosser standards as just having outgrown puppyhood. At the age of 4 he is a very young adult who still has growing to do. Most molosser breeds to not reach their complete adult height & girth until the age of 5.

(Posted as a former owner of 2 Neapolitan Mastiffs, 1 American Bandogge Mastiff & 1 English Mastiff)
he had two papers from different shelters stating that he is either 4 or 6 yrs of age so not too sure what age he is to be honest but his muzzle is greying slightly not sure if its always been there but its more noticeable now

Old 02-10-2009, 09:51 AM   #5
VXHLrsO1

my guess is mastiff/boxer/abd he could be anything who knowsif they ask just say he's a mutt, but he's a good mutt lol! pretty dog.

Old 02-10-2009, 09:58 AM   #6
Alex

thank x

Old 02-10-2009, 03:20 PM   #7
Koayrbzh

Molossers can grey at ages we consider premature. 6 years old is getting older for them (crazy I know, but it has to do with their size).

Me myself I see nothing more than a out of standard Bull Mastiff. But if you question his breeding to that much, simply call him a Bull Mastiff mix & leave it at that.

Good luck with him!

Old 03-10-2009, 08:36 AM   #8
Alex

Hey I have been looking around do you think instead of bullmastiff he has douge de bordeaux? his body shape and face expressions remind me more of that breed than a bull mastiff he may of got his colouring from the other breed he is mixed with or he could of been a douge de bordeaux with a dark muzzle which is considered fine as the breeding standards which I didnt know I just thought they came with a red muzzle and pink nose but you can get them with a black muzzle and black nose(and no it is not necessarily a bull mastiff if it has a black nose and muzzle)

Old 03-10-2009, 09:29 PM   #9
Koayrbzh

A well bred Dogue won't look like he does.

Old 04-10-2009, 09:16 PM   #10
Alex

if you read any breed book it states that they can have black muzzles so that means they are pure bred not badly bred

---------- Post added at 08:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 PM ----------

plus I didnt suggest that mine was a full french mastiff that would be silly I meant instead of him being a bull mastiff cross something he was a french mastiff cross something with no bulmastiff in him

---------- Post added at 08:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 PM ----------

plus I didnt suggest that mine was a full french mastiff that would be silly I meant instead of him being a bull mastiff cross something he was a french mastiff cross something with no bulmastiff in him

Old 05-10-2009, 10:48 AM   #11
trilochana.nejman

i would say mixed with a boxer...

Old 06-10-2009, 05:29 PM   #12
Alex

guess no one else sees french mastiff

Old 06-10-2009, 05:59 PM   #13
Automobill

I would say he definately has boxer in him.

Old 06-10-2009, 06:26 PM   #14
Caliwany

guess no one else sees french mastiff
I think he does but I am no expert by any means

Old 06-10-2009, 06:30 PM   #15
new-nickname-zanovo

My brother's neighbor has a "purebred" registered bullmastiff that looks very close to your dog. I think he is probably a poorly bred bullmastiff. Beautiful dog though, love it!!

Old 06-10-2009, 07:43 PM   #16
Alex

oh ok all the bullmastiffs I have seen have rough coats not smooth mine feels more like a staffies coat. Also my boy is slender not butch like the bullmastiff

Old 09-29-2009, 10:32 AM   #17
Alex

Default help in figuring out what breed he is please
Hi I have a rescue dog who was given to us as a full bullmastiff which he obviously is not. so wanted you opinion what he could be? I have been told by alot of people he looks like he has pit in him others say boxer some ever say ridgeback. I dont care what breed he is as I love him i am just very curious into finding out what he is as it would be nice to let people know what breed is when they ask as I get asked that question frequently. here are a few photos of him Hope to hear from you all soon Thanks x

Old 09-29-2009, 11:44 AM   #18
SergZHy67

Looks like a bullmastiff to me except its lacking the smashed in face that is typical. Thats just a guess but if it is the dog will no doubt benefit from not having a pushed in face and should have no breathing problems

Old 09-29-2009, 11:52 AM   #19
Alex

yeah we think he has either bullmastiiff or french mastiff but there is def something else in there that has a longer face. he also does not have the mass of a full bullmastiff as he has a deep chest but skinny stomach

Old 09-29-2009, 12:05 PM   #20
Qxkmsxsx

you won't know for sure without knowing his genealogy a lot of breeds look similar, but you cannot pin point it. just tell them he is a mastiff mix, can't go wrong with that.

nice looking dog by the way

Reply to Thread New Thread