LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 08-31-2009, 05:31 AM   #1
theonsushv

Default Do you stay in contact with adoption shelter?
Next week the big Pet adoption is going on again. My wife and I are going to take Mya with us to visit the shelter we adopted her from just to give them another success story.

Just wondering how many of you have written/sent pictures back to the shelters you adopted your dogs from, or are you running a shelter and hear back from adoption families?

Old 08-31-2009, 05:47 AM   #2
dgdhgjjgj

We adopted Bella in March from a Pit Bull Bark in The Park walk. Every time I post new pictures of Bella, I send the link to her foster family. We keep in touch since we haven't been able to attend any of the walks since we adopted her because we enrolled her in classes the week after we got her, and now going on 6 months later, she's still in classes.

We adopted Maxx from the Humane Society 10 years ago. I haven't taken him back, but I've met a few people that work there or are associated with it in some way, and I always tell them that I've had him for 10 years and he's doing great.

Old 08-31-2009, 05:52 AM   #3
shiciapsisy

I don't run a shelter per say - I volunteer! but yes we always get pictures and updates from the adoptive families and we have a wall we hang the pictures up at.

Old 08-31-2009, 06:46 AM   #4
primaveraloler

One of my favorite emails to get are updates from my fosters. The best picture I got was from a woman who adopted a lab/golden mix and lives on the beach! Brandi was on the beach lovin' life!

Old 08-31-2009, 07:11 AM   #5
KuRoregioNka

i email the lady i got Bella from every so often and send her pics. probably about once a year.once she emailed me to ask how Bella was doing.

Old 08-31-2009, 07:15 AM   #6
Katrinsitter

I took Marshall to the shelter I got him from and they were surprised what a beautiful boy he was.
When I got him he was depressed and way thin....Now he's happy and plump! woo hoo!

Old 08-31-2009, 10:31 AM   #7
Mugflefusysef

I keep in touch with the rescue I got the bunnies from. Deeohgee as well, but I fostered for them for years so we know each other pretty well outside of the adoption.

Old 08-31-2009, 05:11 PM   #8
Repwailia

Just wondering how many of you have written/sent pictures back to the shelters you adopted your dogs from, or are you running a shelter and hear back from adoption families?
*raises hand* lol
i always keep in touch (whether thats emails, phone calls, pictures, etc. not every day, lol i mean every month or so) with families who adopted from my local humane society and rescue. and i'll do the same thing when i adopt a puppy, dog, kitty. (keep in touch with the rescue or humane society or shelter)

Old 08-31-2009, 05:18 PM   #9
Kayacterype

I do! When I first moved to FL I wanted to get involved with rescue here. I saw Hazel on the animal services web site and contacted rescue to help me get her out. Now they can't get rid of me

Old 08-31-2009, 05:55 PM   #10
Xlkl9SFd

I keep in touch with them.. I still rescue a few myself foster them for some days and then take them to the shelter or another foster home(that depends whether I have the space and if there is space at the shelter/foster homes) . Then when they get adopted I get to meet the family where they are going.. so I'm kind of a mini shelter myself

Old 08-31-2009, 06:57 PM   #11
Axxflcaj

Yup, I emailed them a picture and a short blurb about her last fall... Its probably about time for me to send them an updated picture.

They had her pic and stuff on their main home page for about a month after I sent it to them. That was kinda cool.

Old 08-31-2009, 07:03 PM   #12
Xxedxevh

I took sent emails to the shelter I adopted my Golden Retriever from. They love looking at the pictures and the lady who gave him up actually worked at the shelter so she enjoys it the most.

Reply to Thread New Thread