LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 02-07-2009, 10:12 PM   #1
Suvuseh

Default do your dogs bark?
our dog pilot never barks, even when she was a puppy. on occasion she will do a very very soft growl if she hears someone outside, but other than that she doesn't make a peep. we never trained her to do this but we really like it. we were surprised too that our new puppy never barks either. when he plays with pilot he will growl a lot (pilot stays completely silent) but other than that he is also super quiet. even when all the other dogs in the neighborhood are barking or a siren or ambulance goes off they still just sit there.

is this a breed thing? do pit bulls tend to be quiet? or did we just get lucky twice?

Old 02-07-2009, 11:46 PM   #2
Jesslovers

Diesel rarely barks...but you will notice it when he does! He is not very vocal at all.

He does get fired up around cattle and horses tho...you will definitely hear him then!

Old 02-07-2009, 11:56 PM   #3
EscaCsamas

Nikki barks at people that walk by but not at other dogs.

Old 02-08-2009, 12:03 AM   #4
Talicoabilk

Maggie will bark at cats and strangers but if another dog is around she won't make a sound.

Old 02-08-2009, 12:58 AM   #5
hictchewisa

Brutus rarely barks. The only time he barks is when he is playing with another dog. I wish he would bark when someone knocks at the door or pulls up in the driveway, he has a surprisingly deep bark for a pup!

Old 02-08-2009, 01:01 AM   #6
siflversonemunk

It takes a LOT to get Ruger to bark... unless we're in the truck and you start screaming, "SQUIRREL!!" LOL then he'll go off. He'll let out a bark or two if he's trying to a dog into playing with him and he gets SUPER frustrated that they're ignoring him... and he'll bark at dirt bikes if he can't chase them, and sometimes at flyball practice when he wants to run.

In the house, or under 'calm' circumstances he doesn't bark.

Old 02-08-2009, 01:02 AM   #7
Fouttysotlalf

Gaud.... I have the most obnoxious household right now. The only one that generally doesn't bark is Arez. The rest of them though, barking, whining, yodeling, screaming...

Old 02-08-2009, 01:13 AM   #8
parurorges

Boss is almost 7 months old, and I have yet to hear him bark. Amber barks all the time!

Old 02-08-2009, 04:19 AM   #9
libertiespana

Diesel(doberman) barks alot if hes playing with Thor. Its almost the only time he barks but its a very deep big dog sounding bark. Thor rarely if ever barks. Sometimes he will bark if hes startled and its a really high pich squeeky bark. By looking at thor you would be surprised to hear his bark because it dosent match at all. Ive probably heard Thor bark maybe 7 times.

Old 02-08-2009, 04:25 AM   #10
NerbuitW

Tinkerbell barks at every moving thing.. (bypassers, cats, leaves, paper rolling by, even her own tail)

Rajah use to not bark at all.. but here the past 2 weeks.. wow - he has really began to greet our guests with a bark and then jumps in their laps.. other than that and by passers, hes very quiet

Old 02-08-2009, 04:29 AM   #11
kuklame

Logan has an alert bark which I am thankful for. Molly rarely barks.

Old 02-08-2009, 04:38 AM   #12
mikelangr

Neither of my guys bark unless theres a reason. If someone knocks on the door or comes in the house, they both bark.

Old 02-08-2009, 04:40 AM   #13
RadcliffXX

They alert bark and Riley will bark when playing with other dogs, but that's about it.

Oh, sometimes Bubba will bark at the dark...

Old 02-08-2009, 04:55 AM   #14
Buincchotourb

Gaud.... I have the most obnoxious household right now. The only one that generally doesn't bark is Arez. The rest of them though, barking, whining, yodeling, screaming...
My household is the same way. The only one that does not bark is Queen.

Even the cats walk around meowing.

Old 03-07-2009, 07:04 AM   #15
Timoxari

Odie only barks when someone knocks or walks in the house, just one or two barks to say hey! If he's getting "HOT" then he'll bark. He'll also bark at the neighbors but only when my daughter is outside with him. Kinda protective about his little girl. Not that he's mean, just barks to look scary.

Old 03-07-2009, 07:18 AM   #16
libertiespana

Tinkerbell barks at every moving thing.. (bypassers, cats, leaves, paper rolling by, even her own tail)

Rajah use to not bark at all.. but here the past 2 weeks.. wow - he has really began to greet our guests with a bark and then jumps in their laps.. other than that and by passers, hes very quiet
Tinkerbell probably is rubbing off on him. my sister had a dog that wasnt a barker and then she moved back in with my folks and they have a dog that is always barking and now her dog does the same.

Old 03-07-2009, 07:41 AM   #17
Finanziamento

Ginger never barked when she was an only dog...it is one of the unfortunate habits she picked up from my roomie's dog. Thankfully she only barks when one of first comes home or when a visitor shows up and then it is only for a minute or so. I feel like at least she might scare away an unwanted visitor. However, when the biggest most intimidating dude made it all the way to the door both dogs were calm as could be and never made a peep.

Old 03-07-2009, 07:49 AM   #18
yasalaioqe

Jax never barked till we got a dachound....now he barks when the dachi sets him off but its usually only after other dogs that walk down the street past our house.

Old 03-07-2009, 01:20 PM   #19
diundasmink

I'll bet my 1 sounds like all of yours put together.

Veronica constantly runs her mouth...

Old 03-07-2009, 02:13 PM   #20
Scukonah

Um ... when are my dogs NOT barking? I have two effing chihuahuas, what do you think? LOL. Seriously, the big time barkers in my house are Daisy, Vanilla, and Nabisco. They never shut their mouths! LOL!

Even the cats walk around meowing.
Ha ha ha. I'd love to hear that .. "Bark, meow, bark, meow, bark meoooow ..." Chaos! I love it!!

Reply to Thread New Thread