LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 08-07-2009, 11:49 AM   #1
neeclindy

Default Having problems with neighbor dogs?
Now, This doesn't work for ever single dog on the planet. But I thought Id add a suggestion for some of you dealing with roaming dogs in the area or fence aggression and so fourth.

In fact I suggested it to my FIL because they have a black lab a few houses down who aggressively charges at people and has bit people. We don't have a local A/C in the area and the cops are lazy. My FIL wanted to shoot the dog...which I told him no because it could bit him in the ass BUT after the dog charged us the last time, I used a blow horn (you can pick them up at most walmarts etc) its a little horn in a can type thing, but VERY loud! Anyways it scared the crap out of the lab and he no longer comes near their house..

I think it would be a good idea for some of you with pesky neighborhood dogs, or dogs charging the fence. At least a good first resort to deter the dogs behavior before mace needs to be used. Besides you can't exactly mace your neighbors dogs through the fence or you could face charges...

But try a blow horn...and if anything maybe it would get the neighbors attention like "WTF was that" which you can then tell them "You know what, your dog comes through that fence and there will be problems, I am thinking of my dogs safety and have no problem calling the police".

Anyways just a suggestion. And if your own dog gets scared in the process...personally Id rather my dog get scared then possibly hurt another dog and in the end my dog suffer based on breed. Or even have another dog hurt my dog...and they get a slap on the wrist.

Old 08-07-2009, 07:25 PM   #2
Imampaictjg

interesting!

Old 08-07-2009, 07:33 PM   #3
hereiamguy

Very good suggestion

Old 08-07-2009, 07:45 PM   #4
Xodvbooj

I used the blow horn in my old neighborhood and it worked great. The dogs learned very quickly who we were and left us alone. I was very pleased with it and didn't worry about loose dogs running up to us anymore.

Old 08-08-2009, 06:34 AM   #5
meridiasas

that is a great idea, I need to get one for when I walk my dog, there are not a lot of strays out here, but man one time there was this one that was aggressive, it was stalking us...I had a pointer at the time, and Doobie was not disabled, and we had a black lab mix also, so it was a pack of 5 against a large, kinda looked like a cane corso I think, mix, big brown dog, well anyway after about a 5 min standoff it walked away but now I only have 2 dogs and I walk Goren by myself a lot and I don't know if that dog is still around or what and there can always be more.

Old 08-08-2009, 06:54 AM   #6
Buincchotourb

Great idea!

Old 09-07-2009, 07:12 AM   #7
RadcliffXX

Muahahaha! Kitty here we come! There will be no more fence breaking scares!

Oh, where does one buy a blow horn?

Old 09-07-2009, 07:56 AM   #8
meridiasas

wal-mart normally has them

Reply to Thread New Thread