LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 06-14-2009, 02:57 AM   #1
gundorana

Default Learn from MY mistake......
For those of you who just got pit bulls or just got more than one.....no matter how much you love your dog and think it could do no wrong.....it CAN! I will sit here all day and tell you how Dante is the best dog ever and He’s my baby boy BUT......He is and always will be a DOG. This was not Dante’s fault. It was mine. I forgot the food was on the porch. He was let out of the front door and went around back. By the time I saw him on the porch, he had already started eating out of Monsta’s bowl and Monsta went up and bit Dante’s mouth so Dante grabbed his face and this was the outcome. Monsta is fine. There is a hole in his nasal cavity but not through his pallet. He can breath but air comes out of the hole. The first pic was last night after I calmed the pup down.The others were taken after we got home from the vet. He isn’t bleeding today just a little tired from not sleeping last night. Vet said to watch for infection. I hope none of you have to experience this.....learn from MY mistake....

All of my dogs are fed separately and the bowls get picked up immediately after they are done. This is just a reminder that they are animals....we love them and need them but they are ANIMALS.

Old 06-14-2009, 03:51 AM   #2
andrekuper

Mistakes happen, heal quick Monsta (adorable name & pup)

My 2 will kill each other over food.

Old 06-14-2009, 04:09 AM   #3
gundorana

Mistakes happen, heal quick Monsta (adorable name & pup)

My 2 will kill each other over food.
thanks...I call him monsta because he's been hell on wheels since I got him at 2 weeks old. He's seen everything but death. Bee stings,green anole attacks,parvo(even after being vaccinated), corona virus, rat poison,spider bites,worms, Cat attacks, and now a dog fight. I do believe the pit bull gods are watching over my little guy...lol

Old 06-14-2009, 04:14 AM   #4
joanbertis

Oh man! Sh*t happens, we all know that. I hope the lil' Monsta gets well soon! lol

Old 06-14-2009, 05:19 AM   #5
MpbY5dkR

Wow. Sorry to hear about that. I posted a similar thread earlier. I have to crate all mine when they eat because they will kill over food. Even in crates they growl if one looks at the food.

Old 06-14-2009, 05:25 AM   #6
letmelogin

Wow. Sorry to hear about that. I posted a similar thread earlier. I have to crate all mine when they eat because they will kill over food. Even in crates they growl if one looks at the food.
Oh man,how about when your eating and they growl at each other over your food! That makes me so damn mad.Its like one thinks that you are going to share with it if it keeps the others away.

Old 06-14-2009, 05:42 AM   #7
Attaniuri

I'm so glad Monsta's going to be okay. It's awful how fast something like that can happen. Mine got into a scrap yesterday, not that bad but I felt terrible about it.

Old 06-14-2009, 05:46 AM   #8
erubresen

Wow....hope Monsta feels better soon...my dogs are not food aggressive, maybe its because they are used to being free fed...they aren't now, because I'm trying to monitor what they eat, but they don't fight over it, thank goodness!

Old 06-14-2009, 05:53 AM   #9
Xtatotvk

Poor little guy. Hope he heals quickly. He is a cutie. And yes we all make mistakes.

Old 06-14-2009, 06:01 AM   #10
neerewed

Awww...poor little guy. My Borzoi nearly took my Poms eye out over a dog bone. Multiple dogs will always keep you on your toes for sure! Hope he feels better soon!

Old 06-14-2009, 06:13 AM   #11
Speareerfug

You have to be on your toes all the time with this breed. Mistakes can and do happen. I am sorry your baby got bit. I hope he gets better soon.

Old 06-14-2009, 06:34 AM   #12
estelle

Aww, poor pup! I hope he heals quickly with no infections.

I'm glad mine have NO food agression. I get their meals ready. They sit, one on each side of the water bowl. I put down their food bowls and they look at me until I tell them they can eat. Rosie finishes first, she sits and waits until Nick walks away, then she licks out his bowl. They have their system down, it works.

Old 06-14-2009, 05:35 PM   #13
adariseediups

Did the vet not put him on antibiotics?

And we've all made our own mistakes. I had 2 dogs in the backyard while I was watching them from right inside in the kitchen. Well, I had the turkey necks all ready to dole out and I forgot that I had 2 dogs in the backyard and threw a turkey neck out the door. Oops. BIG OOPS! That fight took me over 20 minutes to break up and I had to leave them and go get a next-door-neighbor for help. Both were ok, but I remembered my lesson about getting too comfortable and not having all my attention on the dogs.

Old 06-14-2009, 08:13 PM   #14
gundorana

thanks guys. Yes he is on antibiotics. He isn't as swollen today but he seem depressed because I'm keeping him inside. He loves to play with the cats on the porch and he hasn't seen them in 2 days.

Old 06-14-2009, 08:22 PM   #15
petrarkaponye

He'll heal. Sounds like a resilient puppy! Mistakes are just that. Shit happens. People that think it doesn't are living in a fantasy world.

Courtney

Old 06-14-2009, 09:39 PM   #16
Gvadelunar

Thank you for posting this up. I hope the pup feels better soon.

Old 06-14-2009, 09:42 PM   #17
lopushok

I hope he is better asap

Old 06-14-2009, 10:44 PM   #18
inofindy

Poor Pup! Sending well wishes his way!

Old 06-14-2009, 11:04 PM   #19
ONLINEPHARMACYCHEAPILLS

Ohhh, poor Monsta! So far, I have not had one bit of aggression with my boys, but I feed them across the room from each other and I stay in the room until they're done. Thanks for posting this.

Old 06-14-2009, 11:26 PM   #20
pageup85

Poor pup.

Reply to Thread New Thread