LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 03-06-2009, 07:37 PM   #1
aparneioninny

Default Just been Approved, but the dogs worry me.
Well the wife & I have just been approved by a leasing company to move into a 3 bed/ 2 bath house built in 87, but beautiful. We decided to rent it for a yr or two before I make the move to purchase it. Just to make sure we like the area, neighbors, and so forth. Casper & Lola have been begging for a bigger back yard lol. Anyways here are a couple pics of the new crib we about to move in and then I'll say my concerns.
*Of course this isn't my furniture

Needs a little TLC, but its perfect for my lil family, has 2 dining rooms & living rooms as well. :vP

My concerns are the lease agreement, when it comes to pits, rots, dobies, and any other large bully dogs there is a absolute 0 tolerance. So on the form I put Casper was a mixed female, 60 lbs, fixed. I'm scared they might find out, its not fair that my nice, well-trained dogs are put in that catagory due peoples self minded ways. So if someone was to show up, what would you say your dog is, I'm trying to stay away from saying anything that might lead to a amstaff realitive

Old 03-06-2009, 07:40 PM   #2
Gvadelunar

The house is beautiful but honestly, I would not lie. If they do find out, then what?

Old 03-06-2009, 07:40 PM   #3
Sarah Armstrong

Looks like a nice place.

I don't know what to tell you about the dogs though.

Old 03-06-2009, 07:40 PM   #4
aparneioninny

And here is the happy family thats movin in. (And of course Casper & Lola as well)

Old 03-06-2009, 07:43 PM   #5
aparneioninny

The house is beautiful but honestly, I would not lie. If they do find out, then what?
Well the owner that is leasing it out lives in Cali now, and the leaseing company is mostly in Dallas, and have maybe 2 properties in the Arlington area. So I'm hoping no one ever comes around till its time to buy. Its just if you put down you own a Pit, its a automatic disqualification

Old 03-06-2009, 07:47 PM   #6
Sarah Armstrong

Good looking family.

Old 03-06-2009, 07:51 PM   #7
Gvadelunar

Well the owner that is leasing it out lives in Cali now, and the leaseing company is mostly in Dallas, and have maybe 2 properties in the Arlington area. So I'm hoping no one ever comes around till its time to buy. Its just if you put down you own a Pit, its a automatic disqualification
Well, if it was me, I probably would not do it. I would always be wondering "what if". I wouldn't risk my dog.

But if you do decide to move in, congratulations! The house is beautiful.

Old 03-06-2009, 08:14 PM   #8
denSmumbSes

It is a beautiful house. Can you now buy the house? B/c if you can do that and be able to keep the dogs with out worries that might be a better opinion but I do understand wanting to see if you like the neighborhood and stuff like that. I think if you can keep the dogs a secret until you buy the house then you are fine but what if they find out. It would worry me so much. I would probably being doing what you are doing thou. I would call them mixes and go from there just hoping they didn't find out.

Old 03-06-2009, 08:15 PM   #9
aparneioninny

I'm almost considering to say F' it and buy it now and not have the worries "what if"

Old 03-06-2009, 08:17 PM   #10
aparneioninny

Its so crappy having to lie over such well trained and nice pets. The whole reputation thing will never end with this breed!!!

Old 03-06-2009, 08:21 PM   #11
aparneioninny

Well, if it was me, I probably would not do it. I would always be wondering "what if". I wouldn't risk my dog.

And I would never risk my dogs, if they go I go. I will never leave them nor them leave me

Old 03-06-2009, 08:23 PM   #12
Gvadelunar

And I would never risk my dogs, if they go I go. I will never leave them nor them leave me
Can you buy it now? This way, you won't have to worry about it.

Old 03-06-2009, 08:24 PM   #13
Gvadelunar

Its so crappy having to lie over such well trained and nice pets. The whole reputation thing will never end with this breed!!!
It's sad.

Old 03-06-2009, 08:25 PM   #14
machpamb

I'm taking it that is your dog in your avatar right? It would be pretty hard IMO to pass that dog off as a non-bully breed.

And for the house, buy it. Built in 87? 1987? not 1897 right? Can't need that much work most the places around where I live were built in the 1930's and they are still real nice.

Great looking house, i'd buy it so I didn't have to worry.

Good luck.

Old 03-06-2009, 10:03 PM   #15
trettegeani

I agree.....I wouldn't risk it....

The house is beautiful.....next thing y'know, we'll be seeing Casper on the Real Housewives of Texas....

Old 03-06-2009, 10:07 PM   #16
PRengin

Beautiful house, I'm jealous.

You should read my sticky post about renting with your dog: http://www.pitbull-chat.com/showthread.php?t=16968

Old 03-06-2009, 10:23 PM   #17
Anaedilla

If you list them as terrier mixes, technically you arent lying. Your just not saying what TYPE of terriers.

IF they DO find out, they can not make you leave asap. They have to follow proper procedures to do so.

I would do as other have suggested and try to buy the house. The market is prime for buying a home right now and it will save you tons of worry.

Old 03-06-2009, 10:59 PM   #18
ClorrerVeks

WOW! Beautiful family!!! And I agree, mark them down as 'terrier' mixes.

Old 03-06-2009, 11:10 PM   #19
majestictwelve

gorgeous house! and the family too of course it sucks lying, and on top of that, the constant worry that you could get caught and then have to forfeit your lease. but hopefully you don't have any trouble. it sounds like the only thing you would have to worry about (God forbid) is the neighbors complaining to the management if they are prejudice against the breed. that has actually happened to my sister, the manager came to check it out and my sis had to move out because of her pit. the dog was an angel! her neighbor didn't even give the dog a chance.
Good luck and keep us posted!

Old 03-07-2009, 12:02 AM   #20
aparneioninny

I'm taking it that is your dog in your avatar right?

And for the house, buy it. Built in 87? 1987? not 1897 right? Can't need that much work most the places around where I live were built in the 1930's and they are still real nice.
Lol, the dog in the avatar is Lola's Dad Dozer. And yes it was built in 1987, doesn't need that much, paint, yard work, some new fixtures, and trim. Not to to much, mostly paint on the interior.

And heres the dogs, so you know what I'm working with.
Casper - Almost 1 yr old

Lola - 4 months old

And heres both of them so you can see the size difference between the 2 of them

Reply to Thread New Thread