LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 05-15-2009, 10:23 PM   #1
prmwsinfo

Default This is sad, what do you think is wrong with this dog? I might bring it home for TLC
I don't wanna bite off more than I can chew here. I would like to bring this dog to my home and keep her for a few weeks and take her to Washington county humane society in Maryland about 20 minutes away. We do not have room for her at this time and they are very Pit friendly and do very good background checks. I think most of the dogs they get are Pits and if they are not spayed/neutered they do that as well as micro chip them and the cost of that is the adoption fee, very nice facility. Anyways. I find this dog on craigslist, I will link the ad and put the pictures here as well. The thing that bugs me, is why does this dog have SO many scars on it? And I worry about it being around my daughter and my other dogs, maybe this is not something I should do? I am torn. Around here, people do not care if you have a Pit of any sort, as long as you keep it under control, I am assuming if she has court for it than something more must have happened. Let me know what you think I should do . Its been my nature since I was little to bring strays home and such and make them better and then find them homes

Here are the pictures:

I Have A Year And 5 Month Old Female Pure Bred Red Nosed Pit Bull Who's Life Is Being Threatened. Rem Has Been Accused Of Being A Vicious Dog When She Has Never Attacked Anyone. She Has Gotten Out Of The House Three Times Unattended And Because Of That Animal Control Has Taken Her. I Have A Hearing In A Couple Of Days At Best To Receive Her Sentence, But I'm Praying That If I Can Present A Stable Home For Her They Will Allow Rehabilitation Instead Of Putting Her Down. She Is A Loving, And Playful Companion Who Deserves Better Than That Wrongful End. Call Me Any Time (Day Or Night) I Will Answer Any Questions Truthfully. Contact Number (304) 268 2251. Located In Berkeley Springs. It Would Be A Guarantee To Get A Hold Of Me By Phone, Due To My Limited Internet Access. Please I Ask For Your Understanding And Rem Needs Your Kindness.

Thank You.
Ashley

Here is the link:

http://martinsburg.craigslist.org/pet/1169620567.html

Old 05-15-2009, 10:24 PM   #2
prmwsinfo

Hmmmm, so I scroll through some more pet ads and find this...Same person

http://martinsburg.craigslist.org/pet/1166576639.html

I Have Two Female Pure Bred Red Nosed Pit Bulls. Both Of Which Are A Year And 5 Months. Not Good With Children And Cats. Good Guard Dogs And Loving Companions. It Is Very Urgent That They Find Homes Immediately. Rem Is All Brown, Dante Is Gold And White. I Have Pictures On Myspace (Mans Best Friend) Call Anytime (304) 268 2251, Or I Can Also Be Contacted At (304) 668-9253. I Am Located In Berkeley Springs W.Va.
Rem Is Tall; Well Built; A Good Blood Line, But Unfortunately Isn't Papered. Those Who've Seen Her In Person Have Said She Is 'Horselike' In Her Size,But She Wears It Beautifully. She Is Very Playful, And Loves Chasing Paper Airplanes. Rems Life Is At Stake Due To Unlawful Accusations. It Is Of The Utmost Importance That She Finds A Home As Soon As Possible.
Dante Is Timid; A Very Big Sweetheart; Cleanly; Bounces Like A Bunny When Excited. Those Who Know Dante Have Nicknamed Her "The Lover" As She Is Sweeter Than Sugar
They Both Are Very Loving Dogs, And Only Want To Be Loved In Return.
I Don't Have Frequent Access To The Internet, So The Quickest Way To Contact Me Is To Call. I Really Will Not Be Able To Answer Emails, Messages, Comments, Etc.
Please Contact Me As Soon As Possible If You Are Interested.
Thank you.
Ashley.

And then 3 days prior, another, same person again......I am really wanting to bring them here and take them to the appropriate place where they wont end up being BYB but I am not sure what to do

Free Gorgeous Pit Bulls To Good Homes.

Old 05-15-2009, 10:31 PM   #3
ffdfriendforurr

sounds fishy to me!

the part about no emails, etc kinda raised red flags, don't put out an ad on the internet if you don't have internet access, do it in a paper.

could just be me, we don't use craigslist

Old 05-15-2009, 10:32 PM   #4
prmwsinfo

I don't advertise there because I always get a train of spam. It is weird, she has so much time to post an ad 3 or 4 times but yet you cannot email her. I feel bad for the dogs though, I really do

Old 05-15-2009, 10:36 PM   #5
Hoglaunccoolf

I would say no. Sad as it is but she does claim they are not good with kids.

I don't really get why she has a hearing? Just cause the dog got out three times? Do you have to go to hearings for stuff like that?

Old 05-15-2009, 10:38 PM   #6
euylvaygdq

Maybe the dog has bad allergies-who knows, Id definatly demand answers though.

Old 05-15-2009, 10:47 PM   #7
Swidemaiskikemu

Strange...

Old 05-15-2009, 11:43 PM   #8
prmwsinfo

It seems very fishy. Worse case scenario I would like to get them from her and take them directly to the shelter that way I know they would be placed. And no like I said, something must've happened for her to get a court date, only thing possible is the dog bit someone/something (I talked to a friend that is an Animal Control officer)

Reply to Thread New Thread