LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 04-22-2009, 06:26 AM   #1
mashabox

Default just ran across this guy...what do you think?
he's 8 months old. i don't know much more than that yet but am waiting anxiously to hear. my dh and our friends are going through a very tough time right now as our very best friend died saturday in a motorcycle accident. his name is cisco, both of them, yeah. anyway here is his pic (the dog) lol. do you think he's kinda skinny?
http://photos.msn.com/ImageServer/Im...*X9MaSs!7Q7vs8

Old 04-22-2009, 06:28 AM   #2
mashabox

oh shoot, i can't figure out the picture thing

Old 04-22-2009, 06:29 AM   #3
aburva.org

need to fix that link

Old 04-22-2009, 06:30 AM   #4
aburva.org

he looks pretty healthy to me judging by that picture

Old 04-22-2009, 06:35 AM   #5
mashabox

okay, lol lets try again*crossing fingers*

Old 04-22-2009, 06:36 AM   #6
gunhijala

Worked that time.

Nope, doesn't look too skinny though that isn't the best angle to tell for sure.

Old 04-22-2009, 07:27 AM   #7
lrUyiva1

I dont think he looks too skinny. i see 0 ribs showing so he is more than alright. i think the angle of the pic might make his head look bigger and therefor his body smaller. Is it going to be your dog or a friends dog? Is he a rescue? Im sorry to hear about the loss of a friend too, I really know what youre going thru there.

Old 04-22-2009, 08:08 AM   #8
lookanddiscover

nah, looks fine to me...

Old 04-22-2009, 04:04 PM   #9
mashabox

well, he is good with, cats and kids, and so far good with other dogs. house trained but destructive when left alone. that's okay though cuz i'm a stay at home mom he's with a guy who is losing his house and has to get rid of him and doesn't want to take him to rescue/shelter. that sorta counts right?? i think i'm going to get him. i don't know if it's weird though to get a dog named after a deceased friend? would you do it? would others think it was weird? idk i sorta feel like this is how he is choosing me, crazy maybe, since i've been looking and trying to decide for so long. i guess it is the angle, his body just looked so tiny compared to his head lol.

Old 04-22-2009, 04:05 PM   #10
ServiceColas

I think he looks great.

Old 04-22-2009, 04:08 PM   #11
Caregrasy

well, he is good with, cats and kids, and so far good with other dogs. house trained but destructive when left alone. that's okay though cuz i'm a stay at home mom he's with a guy who is losing his house and has to get rid of him and doesn't want to take him to rescue/shelter. that sorta counts right?? i think i'm going to get him. i don't know if it's weird though to get a dog named after a deceased friend? would you do it? would others think it was weird? idk i sorta feel like this is how he is choosing me, crazy maybe, since i've been looking and trying to decide for so long. i guess it is the angle, his body just looked so tiny compared to his head lol.
I think it would be an honor to your friend's memory

Old 04-22-2009, 04:10 PM   #12
aburva.org

I think it would be an honor to your friend's memory
ditto^

Old 04-22-2009, 04:14 PM   #13
DINAKuncher

I agree, pamper this pooch and honor your friend's memory.

Old 04-22-2009, 04:36 PM   #14
AcecePesFeacy

First off, I am so sorry about your friend. I have been there and it is rough. You all are in my thoughts and well wishes.

That dog is beautiful, and the coloring is really pretty. I am one of those people who believe that everything happens for a reason. How interesting that his name is the same name of your friend. I think this is a good thing, a very good thing that he came into your life. You lost a life a few days ago, now your going 2 save one. I think it's a perfect fit.

As 2 the name, you could always re-name him if it is bothering you/hubby. Something close 2 his name like Frisco, or a nickname of CC or something like that?

Let us know what you decide 2 do w/ this little ball of furry love

Old 04-22-2009, 06:07 PM   #15
mashabox

we're getting him! dh is going to pick him up this evening after work! yaaaay! i have to go out and buy supplies now what kind of food, leash, collar and stuff do you recommend? he likes to chew stuff up when he's left alone too, which won't be often but we have the funeral this weekend and a wedding on sunday, ugh all in 2 days. anyway should i get a crate or just put him in the bathroom or kitchen or something? its very rare that i leave the house for more than an hour or 2 on the weekends so this won't be regular...thanks for all the condolences as well, its a tough time.

Old 04-22-2009, 08:24 PM   #16
JonatonM

I would get a crate for him for when your not home, that way he dosent get into any trouble when you are out, and you dont come home to your new pup all mad. I am also a stay at home mom and whenever I leave my boy...no longer then 2 hours at a time usually...I crate him. If you dont give them the freedom, they cant do any chewing.
I would go with a all natural type food...I feed Pike Natural Balance, I am sure people on here can give you some good suggestions when it comes to feeding. Check out the health and nutrition section.
Good luck with him! He is so cute.

Old 04-22-2009, 08:27 PM   #17
Liaptoono

Awwwwww........ he's a really cutie. Congrats. I'm very sorry for your loss.

Old 04-22-2009, 11:02 PM   #18
Blotassefesek

So sorry for your loss. My son's girlfriend is going through the same, a good family friend died on a motorcycle on Saturday also. Very sad. I believe this dog is a blessing and meant to be with your family. I owned a dog that did not like to be left alone, seperation anxiety big time and if you have any questions please ask and I /we are here to help you.
And the dog is adorable.

Reply to Thread New Thread