LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 04-08-2009, 03:27 PM   #1
Abebpabeniemo

Default I want to join the Army but....
I have two cats. My husband is at AIT, and I was wondering if anyone could help me get started on where I could board my cats for 10 weeks. I don't want to give them up. My mother is not a cat person, and my husbands parents are allergic to cats. So I'm kind of stuck. I'm not going to start the process of joining until I know I can leave them safe!

Old 04-09-2009, 12:40 AM   #2
Indessasp

You might want to hold down the fort until your husband completes training. Then it can be his turn to manage the house.

Old 04-09-2009, 04:28 AM   #3
astefecyAvevy

You have to decide what's more important to you, your cats or your service. If 10 weeks is too long what about deployments? They're a lot longer longer than 10 weeks and it's not unheard of for husband and wife to be deployed at the same time.

Old 04-09-2009, 04:49 AM   #4
Pippoles

I have two cats. My husband is at AIT, and I was wondering if anyone could help me get started on where I could board my cats for 10 weeks. I don't want to give them up. My mother is not a cat person, and my husbands parents are allergic to cats. So I'm kind of stuck. I'm not going to start the process of joining until I know I can leave them safe!
There is a foster home for the military pets while you are doing what every you have to do.
https://www.netpets.org/militarypet/foster.php
This is the link I talked to - they are great and will help you out.
http://www.clarksvillehumanesociety....erananimal.htm

Old 04-09-2009, 01:03 PM   #5
attanilifardy

The local Chinese restaurant should be your first stop! You'd be surprised what some people will pay for for that Cat-man-du platter

Old 04-09-2009, 07:49 PM   #6
DoctoNilsonDen

Just don't be cowards like the folks who post on the stop-loss threads!

Old 04-09-2009, 08:12 PM   #7
bWxNFI3c

The local Chinese restaurant should be your first stop! You'd be surprised what some people will pay for for that Cat-man-du platter
GROSS - Machine!!!! We dont eat kitty's and no smart remarks!!!

Old 04-10-2009, 03:15 AM   #8
payowlirriply

Dude,

Is it the Chinese or Korean restaurants?

Mac, you are so twisted. LOVE YA Man!

Old 04-10-2009, 06:40 AM   #9
HagsPusia

OMG...Mortified, but LMAO!!!!

Old 04-10-2009, 07:29 AM   #10
Grapappytek

First of all, your best bet would be to skip thoughts of enlisting in the Army and go to the Air Force instead. You're treated better overall, get the same pay and MUCH better quality benefits, and you won't have to deal with Army "screamers", the megalomaniacal assholes that want to show their boss that they have passion to be promoted to the next rank. And, even if your husband would be in the Army, they would still try to get you both joint assignments.

Old 04-10-2009, 11:28 AM   #11
FrereeDoulley

Dude,

Is it the Chinese or Korean restaurants?

Mac, you are so twisted. LOVE YA Man!
Koreans eat dogs, as I have witnessed from my many times being stationed in "land of the not quite right" known as the Republic of Korea, so yes, the local Chinese restaurant is where Hello Kitty meets the All-You-Can-Eat-Lunch Buffet special. How else do you think SARS came about?

Old 04-10-2009, 01:45 PM   #12
goldcigarettes

"land of the not quite right"
LMAO, that's how it was first described to me

Old 04-10-2009, 02:12 PM   #13
bypeTeenehalT

Dude when you see a city bus take a sidewalk during rush hour because adashi wants to keep his driving schedule to the minute, you know there's something 'not quite right' with that!

Oh jeezus - what else.....I've been there so many times I've tried to block out the majority of it...wait...Kimchi Burgers on the McDonald's menu.....cheese ramen......binjo ditches.....the smell.....If I went through hypnosis the same way a UFO abduction victim goes through it, then perhaps I can recall alot more...but trust me yah don't wanna hear that!

Oh yeah - and little old ajumas running around with afros.....Christ.

Old 04-10-2009, 04:34 PM   #14
curcercanty

You have to decide what's more important to you, your cats or your service. If 10 weeks is too long what about deployments? They're a lot longer longer than 10 weeks and it's not unheard of for husband and wife to be deployed at the same time.
The service. But I know of a lot of pets that get abandoned when it comes to deployments. I don't want to be in that group. I'd rather be able to find homes for them than to do that.

Old 04-10-2009, 04:35 PM   #15
Verger99

There is a foster home for the military pets while you are doing what every you have to do.
https://www.netpets.org/militarypet/foster.php
This is the link I talked to - they are great and will help you out.
http://www.clarksvillehumanesociety....erananimal.htm
Cool thanks!

Old 04-10-2009, 04:35 PM   #16
elektikaka

Oooh you are so wrong lol! That's why I don't eat their ribs!

Old 04-10-2009, 07:54 PM   #17
Kokomoxddcvcv

and this is why I dont eat chinese.

Old 04-10-2009, 11:35 PM   #18
Sxscdergh

Koreans eat dogs, as I have witnessed from my many times being stationed in "land of the not quite right" known as the Republic of Korea, so yes, the local Chinese restaurant is where Hello Kitty meets the All-You-Can-Eat-Lunch Buffet special. How else do you think SARS came about?
I couldn't resist...

Dude when you see a city bus take a sidewalk during rush hour because adashi wants to keep his driving schedule to the minute, you know there's something 'not quite right' with that!
Makes me feel a heck of a lot better about my driving now!

The service. But I know of a lot of pets that get abandoned when it comes to deployments. I don't want to be in that group. I'd rather be able to find homes for them than to do that.
AU,

I have to commend you for taking responsibility to make sure they are taken care of. Pets are just like children sometimes.

I was appalled to hear of some chick that went on vacation for two weeks, leaving her two dogs unattended. Coming back to find one dead- eaten by the other. Survival of the fittest. Sad. Very sad. Some people just don't have common sense! Made my heart ache for the pooch and made me want to bi-otch slap the chick!

Old 04-16-2009, 07:27 AM   #19
cakaeroryrere

I would wait til your husband is back. Or do you have any friends you could leave them with?

Reply to Thread New Thread