LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 04-13-2009, 09:09 PM   #1
Verger99

Default Neighbor's Dog
Anyone elses neighbors have a really annoying dog. My neighbor has this white fluffy thing that is a little smaller then my dog kirie. Everytime we walk buy the dogs goes crazy barking and lunging at us. For about 6 months kirie just ignored this then one day starting showing some signs of aggression. She is always leashed and I am in control of her but my neighbors dog is just crazy. As we were walking home yesterday my neighbor was outside and I said hi right after I get past her house out comes her dog barking and going crazy running straight at us. I was right next to my car so I put kirie inside and tried to help my neighbor get her dog. Once she gets her dog the thing starts growling at her and nipping and trying to get away. As she approaches her house I open my door and start to bring kirie inside. Right then she lets go of her dog and off it comes at us again. I was able to get kirie safely inside but it was so irritating. Neighbor lady thinks that her dog acts completely fine and just stood there as I struggled to keep her dog away from mine and get inside without a fight breaking out. The worst part is even though my dog didnt start it and I was the one doing everything if anything happened who would get blamed. me and my dog. Some people really shouldnt own dogs. I mean this thing acts aggressive towards her but she worries about my dog who barely barks and whose favorite thing to do is lick you to death. Sorry for the rant.

Old 04-13-2009, 09:44 PM   #2
bF8CCmmr

We use to live next to 5 barking Chihuahuas. They were awful. They were left outside to bark 24/7. We couldn't even hangout in our own back yard because you couldn't hear your self speak over them. They were not taken care of and had many medical issues that weren't addressed. After barking all day the family would come home and feed them (which IMO was encouraging them to bark because every time they would they would get food and treats). Sophie tolerated them but I noticed her starting to get agitated with them. She just wanted to sun bath and they would bark at her until she came inside. It was awful and I am so glad we moved. However, I still wish I had called AC on those neighbors. They really didn't treat the dogs well and need medical attention right away.
I feel your pain with stupid people.

Old 04-13-2009, 09:47 PM   #3
Munccoughe

I have a neighbor that lets their dog run loose late at night. Not so much the dog I dislike as it is them. Last time I was walking Apollo it ducked tail and ran at his warning growl. Feel bad for the thing though, because we have strays that run in packs, and it wouldn't stand a chance against them.

Old 04-13-2009, 11:37 PM   #4
CsFLhGNp

I feel your pain. My next door neighbors have a chihuahua that they leave in the backyard morning, noon and night. The dog yaps constantly and if it isn't barking it's whining and crying because it's left alone all day. I actually feel bad for the dog because it literally never gets out of its yard. My neighbors never walk it or take it anywhere, so if I were in the chi's position I'd be a little down on life too.

Old 04-14-2009, 02:14 AM   #5
unatkot

i have a neighbor that has a beagel. by nature they are made to bark loudly during the hunt. there is no hunt but unfortunately that doesn't keep him from barking at ridiculous hours of the day and night.

Old 04-14-2009, 02:14 AM   #6
Opislossy

I totally understand!!! We have a yorkie and a bischon on one side of us and a cocker spaniel behind us, all with attitude problems. I haved lived next to these dogs for 3 years now and they still act like we are strangers and they have to eat us up. My doberman pees on them when they bark at the fence. JillyBean usually ignores them, but sometimes I see her fixating and have to snap her out of it. There is only so much you can expect a dog to take.

Old 04-14-2009, 02:22 AM   #7
Sukadrukanga

Neighbors like that drive me nuts... I love being in the country, except... we have this one old man down a bit from us, who will shoot your dog if it steps foot on his property (to chase his 30 chickens), but he lets his little white something or other, run loose, AND the dog is unneutered, so he's always coming down the road to my other neighbors hunting dogs and trying to get to them when they are in heat. The other neighbor keeps his dogs put up and they are always in a pen, but Mr. Shooter man never keeps his dog on his own premises.

Old 04-14-2009, 03:00 AM   #8
sportbos

2 chi-somethings next to us. the bark CONSTANTLY, i cannot stand them.

Old 04-14-2009, 03:25 AM   #9
masaredera

My one neighbor has a shitz-tu. We hardly ever see it. The neighbor on the other side has four Irish Wolfhound, a cocker spaniel, a black lab, and two miniature schnauzers. I like them all except the miniature schnauzers because they often escape from their yard, go underneath my deck into my fenced in backyard. And they are constantly barking.

Old 04-14-2009, 08:46 AM   #10
deethythitoth

One of my neighbors has a very annoying lab. It consistently is trying to chew through the fence to get to my dogs and is always getting my female riled up to where shes' trying to bite him and my other dog.

Old 04-14-2009, 08:54 AM   #11
beethyday

We dont really have many dogs in our neighborhood,and the ones we do have are never a nuisance.There was one that bit a guy a few years back ,but they moved.Anyhow,what we do have is a lady next door who leaves cat food out all the time so we have a stupid stray cats everywhere.They get on my nerves.Last summer one came in my yard and Izzy killed it.Well I went over and told her and apologized(even though I didnt really give a damn) Well she fell out! she just wouldnt shut up about it and how she should call AC( (Even the though the pos cat was in MY yard).Ever since I'm allways looking out for cats in my yard before I bring the dogs out.I know my dogs will jump the fence if they chase one in our yard and I dont want to listen to this woman bitch.But It is damn annoying because these skanky stray cats are in my yard,on my car,messing around by my pool,getting in the dumpster,crapping in my grass and just being a nuisance! And they are probably diseased ,but this lady just thinks that everyone should get over it because "Its in a cats nature to roam" Like that makes it ok

Old 04-14-2009, 06:03 PM   #12
plogypeskelry

I guess I'm lucky. My neighbor on the one side has 2 jack russel mixes. Never have a problem with them. Odie really likes them and looks for them when he's outside. He wants them to come over and play. The other side they don't have dogs. The one dog though on the block is DA and he's a staffie. We try not to walk by to slowly. I will look at the fences first and make sure they're shut. Before I take Odie by the house. Double back and get Odie then go for our walk. He's killed a cpl of dogs on the block. And tried to kill our female Cattle dog years ago. But just got bit up abit.

Old 04-14-2009, 06:12 PM   #13
PefeFoesk

I don't have a problem with "Mr. Shooter Mans" way of doing things, but he needs to understand that turn about is FAIR PLAY. In my opinion, "taking a dog in heat" is worse than killing a chicken, I would work harder to prevent the first than I would to prevent the second. Both are only natural acts for the dogs, but one would affect me more than the other.

Old 04-14-2009, 06:14 PM   #14
seosoftseo

Id have punted that little FR to the other side of the street. I can not stand when people do not control their dogs. Seriously, Im kicking it if it is unleashed and comes after my dogs without even a second thought.

Old 04-14-2009, 06:32 PM   #15
bF8CCmmr

It is nice to know that I am not alone in this world of unbehaved dogs and their idiot owners. I am not saying that anyones situation is easy but I felt like I was the only one in the situation and it is nice to know I can relate to others in the same situation!

Old 04-14-2009, 06:47 PM   #16
THOUTHCAW

not my neighbor but this crotchety old man who lives up the street has an evil Pom that he can NOT control, the little rat has charged at me many times even before i ever had a dog with me and the old dude just stands and watches, he never makes any attempt to get the dog and gives me mean looks when i tap my cane on the ground to get it away from me. It is very sad people get little dogs and because they are tiny people feel they dont have to control them or ever discipline them.. I dont care what dog u have..a great dane or a chihuahua or anything in between, If you have a dog it needs boundaries and discipline..its sad and as it has been said some people just shouldn't own dogs

Old 04-14-2009, 10:56 PM   #17
brandiweb

not my neighbor but this crotchety old man who lives up the street has an evil Pom
HAAAAHAAAA... LMFAO

Old 04-15-2009, 12:48 AM   #18
Amorsesombabs

GRRRRRRR SOOOO ANNOYING!!!!! there are dogs in my neighborhood that bark WHENEVER Mika is outside walking by there house on a walk with me and she just looks up at me like "mom, what did I do?" It enrages me that people give my dog the "pitbull" stereotype when she doesnt bark at all and wouldnt hurt a fly. I think we all can relate to your pain. Yippee dogs drive me nuts (not that Im stereotyping!) ;-)

Old 04-15-2009, 04:59 AM   #19
HugoSimon

I had a neighbor who let their American Bulldog just run loose. Luckily for me the last couple times I had something of good length to smack the dog in the nugget with. Once he got it with a chuck-it after he charged Tiger & I while we were playing in the yard & the last time my husband & I were disassembling a wire kennel & he got whopped with one of the welded wire holding pins upside the head. The very last time I spared no mercy & swung for the fences. I know that pin hurt & he gave a good holler & headed home ASAP. The last time he got loose he started for my yard but decided against it! (Yeah, I know. I'm a big 'ol meanie! )

I know some folks will be against it, but I will not risk my dog's safety. Furthermore, It is very easy for an APBT to turn on after being confronted multiple times by an aggressive dog, even a small one. I've also found stupid dog owners *tend* to keep their dogs up (at least while you're outside) if they know their dog risks injury.

Old 04-15-2009, 09:25 AM   #20
greekbeast

Speaking on this matter I am afraid I`m that "bad" neighbor you all been talking about.My neighbor dog is a mix German shepherd and unfortunately he`s chained up near the fence and Snoop can see him all the time. There`s some tension between them and my dog always tries to piss that dog off. He gets a bone and what he does is hilarious. He takes the bone to the fence,and buries it right in front of that poor dog and the dog goes ballistic. I mean he just goes nuts,barking and lunging at the fence. I usually go and throw him a bone just to make sure he doesn`t have a heart attack.

Reply to Thread New Thread