LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 03-13-2009, 07:21 AM   #1
movlabs

well i dont like harness's i think u should teach the dog. or any dog not to pull at all with using a regular collar, and i have taught rambo not to pull at all!! i use a regular collar and a average size leashe and i tie the leashe to my belt loop on my jeans and we walk like that. i like doing this whhen lots of people are around, so they can see a pure breed Pit bull walking with its leashe hook to my pants, and me using no hands. it is just a way to spread the word on how great this breed actually is!!!

Old 03-13-2009, 09:19 AM   #2
furious1

well i dont like harness's i think u should teach the dog. or any dog not to pull at all with using a regular collar, and i have taught rambo not to pull at all!! i use a regular collar and a average size leashe and i tie the leashe to my belt loop on my jeans and we walk like that. i like doing this whhen lots of people are around, so they can see a pure breed Pit bull walking with its leashe hook to my pants, and me using no hands. it is just a way to spread the word on how great this breed actually is!!!
Ahhh, I'd be naked from the waist down if I did that. We have to use a prong collar for Jersey, but she is getting better. My friend has a boy dog named Diesel that wears a pink breast cancer awareness collar, and I think it looks so cute. I also like the spiked collars, I think they look neat. I actually like it when little tiny dogs wear them. LOL.

Old 03-13-2009, 10:40 AM   #3
Phighicle

I have a pink spiked collar, but it's for my JRT
to each his own, I don't put them on my pit bull b-c he's high energy so I think he really could be hurting us with them... but I like them (not the overdone ones!)

Old 03-13-2009, 01:37 PM   #4
AntonioMQ

My dogs have spiked collars.. All three of them and only one is an APBT. It was just me thinking they were cute. And they were bought as a joke from my Parents for xmas for the dogs, because we had the big discussion about the way people make APBT out to be big meanies with those collars. My dad laughed and said could you see all three of your goofy dogs with Spikes? So became the gift of the spiked collars. Granted they are not the dogs every day collars. My dane has a spiked pink one, my english bulldog has a pink one as well and my APBT has a black one. By the HerWay.. I love your dog so much!!!!!

Old 03-13-2009, 04:24 PM   #5
Unwiseevove

i tie the leashe to my belt loop on my jeans and we walk like that. i like doing this whhen lots of people are around, so they can see a pure breed Pit bull walking with its leashe hook to my pants, and me using no hands. it is just a way to spread the word on how great this breed actually is!!!
thats awesome! owners can be very creative when showing off how wonderful this breed is! My fiance` and myself actually have people in awe of us because of how quickly we have gotten Miss Lexi to behave while on a leash because we told everyone that when we got her she had NO training whatsoever ( and that is true) and after 2 days of working with her she would heel and sit whenever we stopped walking. my neighbor actually tested Lexi yesterday by havign me stop while she got down and called to lexi trying to get her to come but because I was not moving nor did I give her a command lexi just sat there and stared at my neighbor like she was just weird, then when i brought lexi up to my neighbor, lexi proceeded to lick her face like a maniac lol typical pit.

Old 03-13-2009, 04:54 PM   #6
jhfkgkfdvjk

Well, since we're only at 3 months, we are still training, I have more control and she listens better when she's connected with the collar to the leash. I really dont walk her with the harness. I just use that in the truck when she wants to hang out the window so if she gets inticed to jump she wont hang herself. The harness is just a show thing to me. Like a vest for a dog. I just saw some alligator ones that were very nice......cant wait till she gets big!!!!! check this site if u havent already....
http://www.realcollars.com/harness.html

Old 03-13-2009, 04:54 PM   #7
expomeHattePe

Truk I definately wouldn't be scared of ya. I'm 5'3" 130 lb,30 something and my pibble could knock me to the ground if he wanted too. My breeder is a tatted up puerto rican and I love him. He's awesome! I started talking to him because of his one dog shyne. I know so many pibble owners in my area, and they come in every shape and size. Never met a pibble owner I didn't like.

Old 03-13-2009, 05:05 PM   #8
jhfkgkfdvjk

Thats good! I never reaaly knew the friendliness amonst fellow bully/APBT owners.

Old 03-13-2009, 05:09 PM   #9
OwdBKKHO

i think its pretty hilarious when people judge so quickly! I don't think its just you, truk, i'm a little blonde girl with a tiny white 13 week old pit and people will RUN away from me on the street. I have full grown men and women who will scream if the little puppy gets too close to them.

the general public is just insane.

(oh and i totally plan on buying a spike collar when Boo gets big enough)

Old 03-13-2009, 05:26 PM   #10
jhfkgkfdvjk

He's a nice lookin boy!

Old 03-13-2009, 07:58 PM   #11
Beriilosal

Funny, I just posted pics of Sonny in the gallery with his spiked collar on! I get aggrivated when people say we shouldnt put spiked collars on APBT, Bullys, SBT and AST...and even Bull Terriers for that matter.

Again, like Truk said, to each their own! There is no way we will stop peoples perception of Pit Bulls even if there were no such things as collars.

I just tell people that look at my 80lb lap dog scared that he eats babies and they should watch out!

Plus, I am 5'4, girl...not telling you my weight and have Sonny more decked out than me when we go out. People are stupid, that will never change!

I educate when I can and dont feel like being a smart ass about my dog being a "red nose pittbull with a spiked collar"!

-End rant- lol

Old 03-13-2009, 08:11 PM   #12
LoloLibia

Who would judge or think this dog with the funny face and spiked collar on is a man eater?

Thanks for the screen saver!

I like Dutch's spike collar, It say's " I'm hip, I'm cool, I'm a metro sexual" without going over the top

Old 12-03-2009, 10:50 PM   #13
jhfkgkfdvjk

Default Spiked collars and what not.....
I know ALOT of you guys cant stand the spike collars and harnesses, and with reason I can understand your points as to why. I don't totally agree with all of them but cool, to each is own.....But I personally like some of them.....It doesnt have to be ridiculous but some are rather nice. I like these for the simple fact that with the ear crops and and spiked harness does give off a menacing look, but it contradicts the attitude the dog may have, (IF its a properly socialized dog).

Picture this, You see me ( a 6'3, 300 lb black man, with an urban swagger ) walking down the street with a very nice lookin, APBT or American Bully with this spiked collar or harness. First thought from most would be, Oh god, another drug dealing hoodlum with pit-bull and they cross to the other side of the street. Not knowing that, I am articulate, 9-5er, just like the majority of the world with a squeaky clean criminal background, never been to jail and NEVER plan on going! And the dog is really just a big ol lap dog who craves the attention and loves to be petted and had been trained to sit or lay down to be petted.....
Looks vs. Reality
very contradictory and for some strange reason I LOVE IT!
I look at it as a slap in the face for those who judge books by the cover.
Kinda like TOUCHE MF'ers!!!!!!

Old 12-03-2009, 10:59 PM   #14
dosyrotsbop

I don't see it as a slap in the face to them UNLESS they get to know you and your dog, and you have the opportunity to prove them wrong on both counts...and I doubt that happens very often.
Now...if I were that person walking down the street towards you, I'd come say hi to the baby bully and tell you to get rid of that stupid collar...but that's just me. Ain't skeerd

Old 12-03-2009, 11:02 PM   #15
jeockammece

I don't think there is anything wrong with it if that's how you feel

A couple years ago my neighbor rescued this behemoth pit bull who is just the sweetest goof, and we have gone for regular walks together ever since. For awhile I admit, I would get a tiny kick out of people who crossed to the other side of the street and whatnot because I would think, if they only KNEW how silly this dog really was! But that wore off pretty quick ... not it just makes me sad.

Old 12-03-2009, 11:03 PM   #16
jhfkgkfdvjk

Preception counts a great deal, it's all in how u look at it. To each is own, and yes, it happens more than u'd think. I have friends with several ABPT's and Bullys and yes, you can tell by the look on their face....they are disgusted.....we just smile and wave... but if you told me to get rid of that stupid collar, I'de tell u to worry about ya own dog! but i'm NOT tryin to start an argument, or baiting.

Old 12-03-2009, 11:08 PM   #17
jhfkgkfdvjk

A couple years ago my neighbor rescued this behemoth pit bull who is just the sweetest goof, and we have gone for regular walks together ever since. For awhile I admit, I would get a tiny kick out of people who crossed to the other side of the street and whatnot because I would think, if they only KNEW how silly this dog really was! But that wore off pretty quick ... not it just makes me sad.
I can dig it...But I look at it as, I'm not gonna force anyone into liking pits because I do. If they wanna be scared, let them be scared, but when we are out and have them with us, and our kids and their friends are rubbing and petting them all over and the dogs are just laying they wit wagging tails, i cant help but to smile, DIRECTLY AT THE SCARED ONES!

Old 12-03-2009, 11:11 PM   #18
DoctorTentonyya

Stop baiting people, Truk!!

Im sooo kidding.

If I saw you walking down the street, just as you described, Id say, "Aww, what a handsome dog, mind if I pet him." Then I would go on to tell you that I too have pit bulls and I adore these guys and think their amazing dogs. But then, I know most of these guys are big ole sweeties so I have no fear of them at all and I grew up in Baltimore City, so Im not one to judge a book by its cover, because usually youre wrong.

Old 12-03-2009, 11:12 PM   #19
jeockammece

Well I agree with you on this subject, to each their own. It's your dog and your choice. As long as you don't put a tutu on them (THAT would be abuse!)

Old 12-03-2009, 11:17 PM   #20
jhfkgkfdvjk

Stop baiting people, Truk!!

Im sooo kidding.

If I saw you walking down the street, just as you described, Id say, "Aww, what a handsome dog, mind if I pet him." Then I would go on to tell you that I too have pit bulls and I adore these guys and think their amazing dogs. But then, I know most of these guys are big ole sweeties so I have no fear of them at all and I grew up in Baltimore City, so Im not one to judge a book by its cover, because usually youre wrong.
GOTCHA!

There you go!

I know, i try my best not to judge like that, but I am human and I am guilty of it at times. I guess its a different mentality here in the south...some are, some arent.

and Buddy's mom, HELL NAW! no tu-tu's over here! My girls daughter wanted to paint her nails and I said u better get one of those teacup dogs for all that......

Reply to Thread New Thread