LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 03-13-2009, 07:45 AM   #1
movlabs

i keep seeing the letters op what does this mean?

Old 03-13-2009, 07:49 AM   #2
jurnalkduo

i keep seeing the letters op what does this mean?
OP = Original Poster

Old 03-13-2009, 07:55 AM   #3
Jxlacvio

yea if i cant find responsible owners then i have no choice but to raise all of them because i dont wanna send them to a shelter i have a bad feeling about pitbulls and shelters
Your best bet is to find homes for them. Trust me you DON'T want to have 13 puppies in and around your house. You will be up to your arse in puppy poop, not to mention the feed costs. I have two and that's enough.

Old 09-04-2009, 02:25 AM   #4
wowwieholmes

Default bad day at school
well me and my bestfriend's american bully had 13 puppies in january and she told me to ask responsible people at school if they want one. so i did and all of their responses were like "ugh a pitbull? those are mean" or "pitbulls turn on their owners" and it made me sooo irritated and angry and when i try to tell them that they're not they just innocent loving dogs and thats just the media trying to make them look guilty but they just wouldnt understand. and my geometry teacher said the same thing as the kids, i accedentally called him ignorant out loud but o well the way i see it, he deserved it!!! omg man i was pissed off the whole day at school ! im still pissed

Old 09-04-2009, 03:08 AM   #5
illiderob

What made you decided to breed your dog to your friend's dog?

Do you show them or do anything with them?

Old 09-04-2009, 03:11 AM   #6
ddwayspd

Wow, yeah, that sucks that people have a biased opinion just from what they have heard on the 5:00 news. If you can get them to, direct them to the Monster Myths on www.badrap.org and see if you can get any of them to join us here... Maybe starting with the teacher, and see if you can gently get him interested in the breed..... drown him with facts, just be sure to "kill him with kindness". Remember, you catch more bees with honey than you do vinegar, and you are representing this breed, you want to go about it in a respectful, positive way. You want to come across as a responsible mature owner, don't let them get the best of you and make you lash out, it will only make you look bad.

13 pups is going to be a lot of responsibility of you don't find responsible owners for them. Are you going to keep and raise all 13 if you can't find them quality homes, and if not, what will you do?

Old 09-04-2009, 03:57 AM   #7
majestictwelve

Please spay and neuter the pups before you send them to their new homes.

Old 09-04-2009, 04:00 AM   #8
BebopVT

Good luck finding homes for 13 pups! What a litter lol Yeah people are hopeless. Find them good homes with responsible owners so they don't wind up on the news. Must be a handful... 13 pups poor momma dog lmao I couldn't imagine

Old 10-03-2009, 08:28 AM   #9
wowwieholmes

Wow, yeah, that sucks that people have a biased opinion just from what they have heard on the 5:00 news. If you can get them to, direct them to the Monster Myths on www.badrap.org and see if you can get any of them to join us here... Maybe starting with the teacher, and see if you can gently get him interested in the breed..... drown him with facts, just be sure to "kill him with kindness". Remember, you catch more bees with honey than you do vinegar, and you are representing this breed, you want to go about it in a respectful, positive way. You want to come across as a responsible mature owner, don't let them get the best of you and make you lash out, it will only make you look bad.

13 pups is going to be a lot of responsibility of you don't find responsible owners for them. Are you going to keep and raise all 13 if you can't find them quality homes, and if not, what will you do?
yea if i cant find responsible owners then i have no choice but to raise all of them because i dont wanna send them to a shelter i have a bad feeling about pitbulls and shelters

Old 10-03-2009, 08:30 AM   #10
wowwieholmes

What made you decided to breed your dog to your friend's dog?

Do you show them or do anything with them?
nooo we share the 1 female and she got pregnant by bestfriend took her to get pregnant by the bully up the street

Old 10-03-2009, 08:44 AM   #11
Zesavenue

Why can't people understand

Old 10-03-2009, 08:57 AM   #12
indentKew

nooo we share the 1 female and she got pregnant by bestfriend took her to get pregnant by the bully up the street

How old are you?

Holy gawd some people drive me nuts. Spay and neuter ALL of the dogs.

Old 10-03-2009, 03:20 PM   #13
MeeveStesia

Unless you are a responsible breeder, you have NO good reason to be breeding your dog.

NOW there are 13 pups, who you have NO idea how you will place. THAT was a completely irresponsible thing to do. Do you not realize how many of these dogs end up in shelters because of people who did EXACTLY what you and your friend did? Dont you get that hundreds of dogs are PTS every single days because of irresponsible people who breed their dogs and have NO CLUE wtf to do after that?

Do the pups a favor, take them to the pound and have them all PTS. That way you wont have to worry about them falling into the wrong hands and being fought, or being abused or being left for dead tied up out back or ending up sitting in a shelter because NO ONE wants to adopt a pit bull and its ALL because your friend wanted to breed their dog.

Old 10-03-2009, 07:24 PM   #14
ddwayspd

Old 10-03-2009, 07:41 PM   #15
illiderob

If you decide to not put these puppies down, then please get them spayed and neutered. I did something irresponsible like your friend once, and I very much regret not getting all the pups spayed/neutered before they went to their new homes.

Please learn from this. Get your dog fixed, and never bred again, until you have a dog that has proven itself worthy.

Old 10-03-2009, 07:47 PM   #16
29clepayJainync

well me and my bestfriend's american bully had 13 puppies in january and she told me to ask responsible people at school if they want one. so i did and all of their responses were like "ugh a pitbull? those are mean" or "pitbulls turn on their owners" and it made me sooo irritated and angry and when i try to tell them that they're not they just innocent loving dogs and thats just the media trying to make them look guilty but they just wouldnt understand. and my geometry teacher said the same thing as the kids, i accedentally called him ignorant out loud but o well the way i see it, he deserved it!!! omg man i was pissed off the whole day at school ! im still pissed
Where do I start........if you are not breeding to better/preserve the breed, you should not be breeding.

As far as "pitbulls turn on their owners".......there's a good chance that the breeding you did will create HA dogs. You did a very irresponsible thing. Please spay/neuter ALL the dogs.

Old 10-03-2009, 08:42 PM   #17
Fertassa

Also, please spay Momma. Maybe you can try contacting a local rescue group to help you find the pups homes...?

I'm assuming you are in high school...finding homes for an AB is a high school is just not a good idea.

I can't even say anymore. I think I might vomit.

Old 10-04-2009, 06:36 AM   #18
dosyrotsbop

Thirteen adorable pit bull puppies. Most might get snapped up but then maybe six months...a year or two...and then they will join the shelter population that is already overloaded with pit bulls.

I would insert some cutesy little emoticon but none can show the level of disgust I am feeling right now.

Old 10-04-2009, 06:49 AM   #19
jurnalkduo

To the OP:

It appears that you live in L.A.?

Been to one of our many shelters lately?

Do you know how many emails I get on a daily basis from just some of these shelters and rescues/voluteers trying desperately to find someone to spring another dog from death row?

They're not on death row because our shelters are staffed by evil 'Pit' killers; to the contrary, quite a number of our shelters are 'Pit' friendly.

The problem:

Too many dogs, especially Pits, not enough qualified homes.

Alright, the damage is done, the pups are here - so, on the plus side:

we have numerous organizations, including some of those bursting-at-the-seams shelters that offer low cost and even free spay and neuter for bully breeds.

Take a look and see if you find these; if you can't, pm me and I'll find them for you.

Old 10-04-2009, 06:59 AM   #20
movlabs

guys guys. chill out... im sure it was a moments decision. all of us have been young with a breed that may or not of been new to us. im sure they have figured out that breeding was not such a smart thing.... just stop bashing on her please. we all hate when we get bashed on for owning such a vicious breed as people call them, which in any case bashing is bashing.

Reply to Thread New Thread