LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 10-03-2009, 09:24 PM   #1
Todilrdc

Default Would you?
Take your dog to a Pit Bull or Bully show? I've heard several different responses both good and bad.

I had a guy tell me he would never take his because, some folks dont take good care of their dogs, i.e. health issues like worms or what not.
Then had more sayin they knew some that took their bitch in heat....which is one of the dummest things in the world I've heard!

I take my dog ALOT of places with me right now, due to the fact that she needs to learn how to act in public places with people and other dogs. But there's a show/picnic coming up in my area and I wanted to attend. I'll more than likely leave her at home because she's so young at the moment, and dont want to take any chances.

what's your take?????

Old 10-03-2009, 09:33 PM   #2
Ubgvuncd

I have taken my dogs to ADBA shows. In season females are not allowed at shows here. I don't attend them anymore due to my daughters health, but if it wasn't for that, my girl would be showing this season.

Old 10-03-2009, 09:35 PM   #3
Todilrdc

True about the in-season females, i think this even is a hmmmm "less sanction" i guess, event.......i think it's more of a gathering picnic of bully lovers......i'll check it out. thanks

and I truley hope your daughter gets better....

Old 10-03-2009, 09:35 PM   #4
lzwha

I would and did take Diesel to an AMBULLY SHOW just last month in San Marcos, Tx. It was not perfect but it was interesting. It was a bit overcrowded (meaning close quarters), a bit unsafe with 40 pound children on the end of leashes with 80# dogs (not a good combo IMO) and no real rules enforced about lead lengths ect. There was also no cleanup of "droppings", so I would not take a younger dog.

I knew it was going to be a "cool day" weather wise...so I could put Diesel in the Jeep Liberty Diesel for short timespans if needed. I stayed about 90 minutes or so and then headed home. I was glad I went but would be less likely to go with Diesel in the future...but who knows...I take him everywhere I can

Old 10-03-2009, 09:38 PM   #5
Todilrdc

I bet that STANK! but I'm the same way, I take her everywhere I can.

Old 10-03-2009, 10:09 PM   #6
illiderob

I'll go to AADR and ADBA shows, but as for just like a bully picnic or gathering, I probably wouldn't attend, unless a bunch of people I already knew were going to be there and then I might attend without a dog.

Old 10-03-2009, 10:13 PM   #7
Ubgvuncd

Actually, I've been to other ''events'' that weren't specifically a ''show''. They were very monitored though as to rules and such as they were specifically for positive press.

Old 10-04-2009, 12:52 AM   #8
alenbarbaf

I have attended ADBA shows. And a few fun shows. I feel there is nothing wrong with attending. Most shows require your dog to be crated unless a potty break or competing. All registries require your pup to be 4 months old to show. And with very good reason. By that age your pup should be fully vaccinated including rabies.

Old 10-04-2009, 12:55 AM   #9
Kragh

Entering a dog in a show is one thing. I'm of the personal belief that unless your dog is a competitor, it doesn't need to be on the grounds. There is already too much commotion going on to add a bunch of dogs just there because their owners are there.

Old 10-04-2009, 12:58 AM   #10
sitescools

I show ADBA and some local NKC and other then one person who did bring a bitch in heat at an NKC show (who was removed) I have never seen anything bad i guess.

Old 10-04-2009, 04:03 AM   #11
alenbarbaf

Entering a dog in a show is one thing. I'm of the personal belief that unless your dog is a competitor, it doesn't need to be on the grounds. There is already too much commotion going on to add a bunch of dogs just there because their owners are there.
My biggest pet peeve is when they bring dogs and just walk around with them. No crate. At the GA show someone had a Maltese they were carrying around. I was like Wtf?

Old 10-04-2009, 05:20 AM   #12
Kragh

My biggest pet peeve is when they bring dogs and just walk around with them. No crate. At the GA show someone had a Maltese they were carrying around. I was like Wtf?
Yep.

Entering shows is a great avenue for having fun with your dog. But follow the rules and use discretion when picking those shows (more for the AmBully shows).

Reply to Thread New Thread