LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 08-10-2006, 07:00 AM   #1
DzjwMKo5

Default Blue Pits
this might be a repeat thread but, I've heard that they are all show and no go as far as gameness is concerned. some say they are quitters....I've never owned one but know some who have and I've never seen ther gamness tested......Have you?

If this is a repeat thread, point me where that thread is please and thank you.

Old 10-03-2009, 09:51 PM   #2
BebopVT

Can't judge gameness based on color. Only way to decide that is in the [].

Old 10-03-2009, 09:59 PM   #3
illiderob

I don't know if I have ever seen a "game tested" blue dog.

However, I have seen some true APBTs that were blue, but most blue dogs tend to be either Amstaffs or American Bullies.

Like Turner said, there is only one way to determine gameness. So, as far as historically back when it was legal, I am not sure if there were any game blues or not. There might have been. They might just not be as well known.

Old 10-03-2009, 10:18 PM   #4
lzwha

You have to remember that until the current breeding for color...Liver and Blue APBTs were rare since both those colors are brought on by a recessive "dd" gene combo.

"Bb,dd" (Heterozygous Black with Recessive Dilution)and "BB,dd" (Homozygous Black with Recessive Dilution) would both be blue and "bbdd" (Homozygous Brown with Recessive Dilution) would be liver. Since most APBTs are "D" dominant full expression of color, the "dd" pairing was rare. Any "DD" of even "Dd" would still show full expression of color.

With Inbreeding and Linebreeding, it really would be a rarity to throw a blue or liver pup...and some breeders would "cull them" instead of investing in them.

Old 10-03-2009, 10:25 PM   #5
furious1

Ahhh there ya go Diesel, makin me feel all dumb again.

Note to self--when Diesel starts talking about genes, just move on. My brother in law breeds ball pythons and boas and he is constantly trying to explain the gene thing to me, and then after a few minutes he sees the glazed look on my face and just pats my shoulder and says, "hey you wanna see a nice snake"

Old 10-03-2009, 10:33 PM   #6
MeeveStesia

Ahhh there ya go Diesel, makin me feel all dumb again.

Note to self--when Diesel starts talking about genes, just move on. My brother in law breeds ball pythons and boas and he is constantly trying to explain the gene thing to me, and then after a few minutes he sees the glazed look on my face and just pats my shoulder and says, "hey you wanna see a nice snake"

Old 10-03-2009, 11:03 PM   #7
EHjEjdqe

There is some info/stories in some of the very old SDJ regarding gamebred APBT...but like stated....it was not the norm. I will see if i can find that stuff, if i do....will post it up.

Most blue's these days are bullies.

Old 10-03-2009, 11:10 PM   #8
DzjwMKo5

I always have liked the liver color, it looks kinda like marble when they have really shiny coats, I've only seen those on the net, never in person....you know of any "reputable" breeders producing or specializing in this?

Old 10-04-2009, 12:21 AM   #9
Anamehuskeene

well my blue is game he has got in to it with one of my friends dogs red nose it got out of it kennels we were letin my boy zeus get on the spring pole his dog got out some how they went right for each other no time to do anythang so we tried to brake them apart it was hard neither one was giving up my blue was so strong he is deff the strongest dog i know i want to get him waight pulling ps that was the last he will ever get close to fightin thats why you have to be on point with them all the time

Old 10-04-2009, 12:37 AM   #10
EHjEjdqe

well my blue is game he has got in to it with one of my friends dogs red nose it got out of it kennels we were letin my boy zeus get on the spring pole his dog got out some how they went right for each other no time to do anythang so we tried to brake them apart it was hard neither one was giving up my blue was so strong he is deff the strongest dog i know i want to get him waight pulling ps that was the last he will ever get close to fightin thats why you have to be on point with them all the time
What you described has nothing to do with being game.

And i totally agree, you always have to be on point...they can be slick/slippery at times. Look into weightpulling, a few on the board can get you started in the right direction.

Old 10-04-2009, 12:41 AM   #11
mymnduccete

well my blue boy Rambo has Game in his blood. his father will fight anything, and his dads dad, and so on. so i just try to be cautious when he gets around other dogs. he has not had a attack nor has he ever shown any aggresion towards humans or other dogs. but he does put himself in between me and any other dog that gets close to me lol. i hope its a good thing. truck, i got a few pictures of my blue boy Rambo on here. have a look

Old 10-04-2009, 12:52 AM   #12
Kragh

You have to remember that until the current breeding for color...Liver and Blue APBTs were rare since both those colors are brought on by a recessive "dd" gene combo.

"Bb,dd" (Heterozygous Black with Recessive Dilution)and "BB,dd" (Homozygous Black with Recessive Dilution) would both be blue and "bbdd" (Homozygous Brown with Recessive Dilution) would be liver. Since most APBTs are "D" dominant full expression of color, the "dd" pairing was rare. Any "DD" of even "Dd" would still show full expression of color.

With Inbreeding and Linebreeding, it really would be a rarity to throw a blue or liver pup...and some breeders would "cull them" instead of investing in them.
I agree. And also remember that most of the time they were referred to as "grey" and not blue. It wasn't a big deal.

Today color is a just an added bonus to a 4-legged fashion accessory.

And it depends on why the dog was bred and if it was campaigned or not. Game dogs were not common and they still aren't common regardless of whether they are black, red, white, piebald, blue, pink, or green.

Old 10-04-2009, 12:53 AM   #13
Kragh

well my blue boy Rambo has Game in his blood. his father will fight anything, and his dads dad, and so on. so i just try to be cautious when he gets around other dogs. he has not had a attack nor has he ever shown any aggresion towards humans or other dogs. but he does put himself in between me and any other dog that gets close to me lol. i hope its a good thing. truck, i got a few pictures of my blue boy Rambo on here. have a look
Gameness and fighting are not the same. Lots of dogs are willing to fight another dog, especially when their flight response has been removed. But it doesn't mean they are game. But that's a whole other discussion.

Old 10-04-2009, 12:58 AM   #14
mymnduccete

what is the main difference?

Old 10-04-2009, 12:59 AM   #15
BebopVT

Dog aggression is not the same as gameness. I doubt you will find a reputable breeder who specializes in a certain color. That's normally the last thing they take into account.

Old 10-04-2009, 01:14 AM   #16
ddwayspd

My brother in law breeds ball pythons and boas and he is constantly trying to explain the gene thing to me, and then after a few minutes he sees the glazed look on my face and just pats my shoulder and says, "hey you wanna see a nice snake"
Why is it I can SOOO relate to this!!

Old 10-04-2009, 01:47 AM   #17
Anamehuskeene

What you described has nothing to do with being game.

And i totally agree, you always have to be on point...they can be slick/slippery at times. Look into weightpulling, a few on the board can get you started in the right direction.
\
so what would you say game is ? i thought it was when the dogs are fighting and one will not keep fighting and he is yelping that means he is not game right? o yeah just to let yall know i dont care if my boy is game or not cuz i dont fight dogs i know how people get confused not sayin you do but you know what im talkin bout

Old 10-04-2009, 01:52 AM   #18
lzwha

Game is a test...not a Pop Quiz. It is an Essay Answer...not True/False.

A simple spat or fight between any two dogs is not a true test...it is just a scrimmage.

Old 10-04-2009, 04:51 AM   #19
DzjwMKo5

Game testing has to be a legitamate fight in the "pit". In game testing, there more than likey will be blood shed or wounds if not both until the owners break it up. A simple fight just means the dog isn't scared of a fight. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Reply to Thread New Thread