LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 06-03-2009, 08:14 PM   #1
Suvaxal

Default thang god got papers today!!
omg thank god... i got papers on my dog from breeder after a two plus month wait. now it istime to take a look into the bitch and sire? wish me luck!!!

ow and on the crop job front... i woke thismorning andone ear was standing on end and will not sit down.. we had apointment at the vet this afternoon and vet said that normaly when she sees ears like that on other dogs within a month they are both standing on end? i did talk with the girlfriend last night again about the crop and she said i am in for it if i do it. that she is now attached to my dog as well and how would i likke is she decided to just go give her dog elective surgery that was going to hurt him. i understand everyones point that is not pro crop however i just got to do it as i will never be as happy with her as i would be if i just crop her ears!! chancesare she is gonna be a bit smaller than i bargained for and not look as aggresive as i wanted. figure i better do it!!! however its gonna be rough around the house for a while?!!!

thank god for the papers though.. i feel soooo much better. now lets hope i dont find any dirt in her past?

Old 06-03-2009, 08:22 PM   #2
DzjwMKo5

Nice pic, it's your dog, if u wanna crop em' crop em'!

Old 06-03-2009, 08:36 PM   #3
suidinguilelf

It is your decision to crop or not. The part I don't understand is why would you want your dog to look aggressive.

Old 06-03-2009, 08:39 PM   #4
QxmFwtlam

You can tape/glue ears to make them natural looking, instead of cropping, its done in countries all the time that do not allow cropping or docking.

Side note: I won't recommend anyone to crop ears unless you are showing the dog, in UKC/AKC.

Old 06-03-2009, 08:46 PM   #5
xanax-buy-online.com

I'm curious why it took 2 months to get papers, I always get them when I pay for the dog, if not, they don't get paid. I ALWAYS research the prospects pedigree BEFORE I decide if the pup is worthy of consideration anyway. What's behind that pup is what its about isnt it?

As far as crop or not, it's a personal preference, I've seen dogs with crops I like, but I personally like the natural look myself.

If you wanted an aggressive looking dog, you should have went with a GSD or Rottie or Dobi, not a bully LOL.

Pretty pup none the less, good luck

Old 06-03-2009, 08:49 PM   #6
29clepayJainync

chancesare she is gonna be a bit smaller than i bargained for and not look as aggresive as i wanted Can I ask what is the reason for you wanting an aggressive looking dog?

Old 06-03-2009, 09:03 PM   #7
ddwayspd

I agree with Michele and Tat on the agressive looking dog thing, you should have gone with a Shepherd or Rottie, the APBT's are just too loving looking. I went up to 4 dogs I'd never seen before, all APBT's chained in my neighbors back yard, all extremely hungry, and not the least bit aggresive. Matter of fact, they all tried to knock me over with loving. This breed is typically very human friendly.

Old 06-03-2009, 09:21 PM   #8
EHjEjdqe

What is this world coming 2

Old 06-03-2009, 11:45 PM   #9
Suvaxal

look.. to me these dogs are aggresive looking... muscle everywhere fat heads.. giant jaws.. tons of teeth..short legs.. slanted eyes sometimes? im pretty sure there is a reason other than there history that kinda scares people. some are all goofy and all cute but just as many are kinda aggresive looking to be conservative about it.

i went to art school in NYC i lived in a pretty tough neighborhood of Brooklyn. All the ass hole gangster kids had these dogs instead of guns. I was scared as shit of them but thought they where so pretty!! from that time on i always knew i wanted one.. i did some research and found out that they where not man eaters. rather it was the ass holes that owned them that made them that way. i waited a long time to get one.. that was ten years ago. i wanted a house and a yard a proper place to have a dog so it could be a dog.

as for my papers problem i thought i had done my homework... i tried to adopt for over 4 months but my girlfriends little dog was scared of all the wound up shelter dogs. so i bought one. i did not know anyone who was into dogs never mind pit bulls i did the best i could. i now live in a small snotty suburb 15 min west of boston where everyone is a slave to the all american dream... the pursuit of the almighty $$$$! everyone has a golden or a lab... and they all are scared shit of pits or just plain have decided they hate them. i took my time looking for a dog. from the time i decided i wanted a pit till the time i got Brooklyn four months had passed. i had been to every resque from boston to nyc. and approved at all. as far as i am concerned i did all right as she is the sweetest... smartest.. most loving little thing i have ever know. i had no idea when i decided to get a dog that a dog had so much to give. people here have goldens and labs. honestly people hate pit bulls around here.

as for why i didnt get a rotty or shepperd it would be because i dont like them.. nor was i looking for a gaurd dog if that is what you are wondering. i dont like rottys they are to thick to big and i dont like the brown gold coat. and the same for shepperds.. im not into the long legs and long coat or its color. pits are just beautiful!! i am or was for years a pro- cyclist/endurance athlete. a good looking pit is in my eyes is a little athlete. all lean muscle short legs they just look like they where made to go and go and go. they have a personality to match a bit hyper.. strong headed but very smart.. they stay active till they are really old. i am hyper i am high strung.. i wanted a dog that was gonna be able to keep up with me.. not just lay around the house waiting to eat. also they come in so many colors and have a short coat. what is not to love? dont go getting any ideas this dog is a house pet..a lap dog. as far as i am concerned a pit is mean looking and im pretty sure the rest of the general public is on board with me. there is nothing wrong with a dog that is mean looking or wanting one as long as it is a big cuddle monster.

if you guys knew me you would know why it matters so much to me how my dog looks. i am a artist... creative by nature have been since i was a little kid. i spent over eight years in school studying fine arts. i appreciate things that are well designed.. well built.. pleasing to the eye. i have spent the last ten years... about 200 hrs and over 30,000 tattooing my entire body. and no its not all skulls and cross bones. its full of color.. mostly animals. a pheonix and a bunchof peonie flowers covers my rib cage and winds all the way down my right leg. a peacock and more peonie climbs up my left leg and ends up arounds my stomach. i guess to me a pit bull is not finished or a pretty as it can be until its ears are done. thats not saying i have not met many pit bulls with floppy ears that where not very good looking. however those same dogs i always feel would look better had there ears been done.

i hope people dont take this the wrong way. i am here to make friends to learn. maybeone day have some insight to these dogs and help a new owner.. or better yet a dog that had a shitty life. i have many interests most stuff i am interested in i take the time to completely understand become educated in regard to it. i belong to many chat forums for various things. it just always seems people take things the wrong way. things can sound funny in the form of e-mail or via the internet. some people seems so helpful others seem like they always find something to take offense to. the beauty of this world is we are all different. wouldnt it be boring if we all thought the same looked the same.. what would we have to talk about.. learn from each other?

please dont go macking the assumption that i am just another ass hole with a pit bull. you can be sure this dog will have the best life a dog can have... and does already. she will be a shinning example of what this breed is capable of being.

Old 06-04-2009, 12:19 AM   #10
EHjEjdqe

look.. to me these dogs are aggresive looking... muscle everywhere fat heads.. giant jaws.. tons of teeth..short legs.. slanted eyes sometimes? im pretty sure there is a reason other than there history that kinda scares people. some are all goofy and all cute but just as many are kinda aggresive looking to be conservative about it.

i went to art school in NYC i lived in a pretty tough neighborhood of Brooklyn. All the ass hole gangster kids had these dogs instead of guns. I was scared as shit of them but thought they where so pretty!! from that time on i always knew i wanted one.. i did some research and found out that they where not man eaters. rather it was the ass holes that owned them that made them that way. i waited a long time to get one.. that was ten years ago. i wanted a house and a yard a proper place to have a dog so it could be a dog.

as for my papers problem i thought i had done my homework... i tried to adopt for over 4 months but my girlfriends little dog was scared of all the wound up shelter dogs. so i bought one. i did not know anyone who was into dogs never mind pit bulls i did the best i could. i now live in a small snotty suburb 15 min west of boston where everyone is a slave to the all american dream... the pursuit of the almighty $$$$! everyone has a golden or a lab... and they all are scared shit of pits or just plain have decided they hate them. i took my time looking for a dog. from the time i decided i wanted a pit till the time i got Brooklyn four months had passed. i had been to every resque from boston to nyc. and approved at all. as far as i am concerned i did all right as she is the sweetest... smartest.. most loving little thing i have ever know. i had no idea when i decided to get a dog that a dog had so much to give. people here have goldens and labs. honestly people hate pit bulls around here.

as for why i didnt get a rotty or shepperd it would be because i dont like them.. nor was i looking for a gaurd dog if that is what you are wondering. i dont like rottys they are to thick to big and i dont like the brown gold coat. and the same for shepperds.. im not into the long legs and long coat or its color. pits are just beautiful!! i am or was for years a pro- cyclist/endurance athlete. a good looking pit is in my eyes is a little athlete. all lean muscle short legs they just look like they where made to go and go and go. they have a personality to match a bit hyper.. strong headed but very smart.. they stay active till they are really old. i am hyper i am high strung.. i wanted a dog that was gonna be able to keep up with me.. not just lay around the house waiting to eat. also they come in so many colors and have a short coat. what is not to love? dont go getting any ideas this dog is a house pet..a lap dog. as far as i am concerned a pit is mean looking and im pretty sure the rest of the general public is on board with me. there is nothing wrong with a dog that is mean looking or wanting one as long as it is a big cuddle monster.

if you guys knew me you would know why it matters so much to me how my dog looks. i am a artist... creative by nature have been since i was a little kid. i spent over eight years in school studying fine arts. i appreciate things that are well designed.. well built.. pleasing to the eye. i have spent the last ten years... about 200 hrs and over 30,000 tattooing my entire body. and no its not all skulls and cross bones. its full of color.. mostly animals. a pheonix and a bunchof peonie flowers covers my rib cage and winds all the way down my right leg. a peacock and more peonie climbs up my left leg and ends up arounds my stomach. i guess to me a pit bull is not finished or a pretty as it can be until its ears are done. thats not saying i have not met many pit bulls with floppy ears that where not very good looking. however those same dogs i always feel would look better had there ears been done.

i hope people dont take this the wrong way. i am here to make friends to learn. maybeone day have some insight to these dogs and help a new owner.. or better yet a dog that had a shitty life. i have many interests most stuff i am interested in i take the time to completely understand become educated in regard to it. i belong to many chat forums for various things. it just always seems people take things the wrong way. things can sound funny in the form of e-mail or via the internet. some people seems so helpful others seem like they always find something to take offense to. the beauty of this world is we are all different. wouldnt it be boring if we all thought the same looked the same.. what would we have to talk about.. learn from each other?

please dont go macking the assumption that i am just another ass hole with a pit bull. you can be sure this dog will have the best life a dog can have... and does already. she will be a shinning example of what this breed is capable of being.
So basically the chit your trying to feed us is that.....because your an artist and appreciate the way things look....it is perfectly sane/logical to want a agrressive looking dog.

Why not use that creative talent and paint yourself a portrait of that aggressive looking dog you want so bad. Make sure to post it on here, i wanna see it.

I am taking you the way you are coming across to me. Chicken that just got its head chopped off.

Keep educating yourself, best of luck, i hope you learn something meaningful. Make sure to get the devil crop, makes than look really aggressive.

Old 06-04-2009, 12:36 AM   #11
HawksBurnDown

I show UKC & you DON'T have to crop the ears for showing as long as you have a good ear set. I have both cropped & un-cropped (natural) with my dogs. I do have 1 I only cropped because his ears stood up with just the tips folding over, I was going to show him, but then just weight pulled him. I have never up loaded pic's so I hope this works. As far as AKC I have seen Champions with un-cropped/natural ears.

Old 06-04-2009, 12:42 AM   #12
Suvaxal

thank you for proving my point that it seems all some people on these forums want to do is start crap and impose there ideas on others. im pretty sure im not the first person to crop a pit bulls ears.. take a look around. i see as many with cropped ears as floppy. some people on here dont really care if i crop my dogs ears. some have been very helpful. some asked me to keep them up to date as to how things work out as Brooklyn grows. in my post i didnt ask you if you would please insult me because i share a different perspective than you. as i said i was keeping some interested people up to speed in regard to how things have progressed for me and my dog. god im glad this all through a computer and doesnt really matter.

Old 06-04-2009, 12:48 AM   #13
18holesin

One of the reason the pits have the stigma following them is just this..."Aggressive looking dogs." You want them to look this way to shock those people in you "snooty" neighborhood. There is nothing menacing or scary about a pit or a staffy with a huge head and wonderful brown eyes. They are the most beautiful breed in the world and are just as loving and family oriented as any "Family" breed.

Old 06-04-2009, 12:52 AM   #14
Suvaxal

thank you! beautiful dogs.. the pictures are helpfull. i do not have plans on showing her.. however probably some weight pull though. the ears for me are all about vanity. sorry.. really!!!! if that upsets some people?

Old 06-04-2009, 01:09 AM   #15
EHjEjdqe

Sorry, if i am being a little out of hand. However, i love these dogs...and am a bit nervous thinking about the future...with all these nuts running around taking innocent dogs and putting them down. Really efffin getting to me, seeing all the tribute vids is frustrating. And when i see you make all these crazy remarks...it really gets to me. You say you belong to forums and to a lot research, what have you been reading? Do you not realize the state these dogs are in. Anyways, what do i know. Good luck buddy. Hope all works out well for you.

Old 06-04-2009, 01:11 AM   #16
Suvaxal

thanks for the picture.. beautiful dogs.. cropped and un cropped. however the blue dog all the way to the left just makes my heart melt sooooo amazing what a i good looking dog. how much does he or she weigh?

Old 06-04-2009, 01:19 AM   #17
Svatudjw

There will always be debates about ear cropping. It just comes down to personal preference, no matter what the justification for that is. I just had my youngest one's ears cropped. i think he looks very attractive. i also have an older dog that i adopted that hasn't been cropped. i think she's beautiful too. Bottom line, it's your decision, your reasons, but whatever you decide just be responsible and remember that your dog is a representative for the entire breed everytime you're out in public. Good luck.

Old 06-04-2009, 01:20 AM   #18
Suvaxal

why do people think that people that choose to look different than the guy next door are trying to shock somebody or bring attention to them self. granted i understand those are the facts exactly what it does. do you really think i would spend a couple hundred hour being tattooed for any other reason than it makes me feel better about myself as "I" think i look better. so much so i am willing to put up with a few ass holes that are going to judge me. the reality is anybody that is going to do that i dont need to know anyway. as for shocking my neighbors or anybody else for that matter... it has nothingto do with anything but me loving the way my dog looks. i realize the implications to the breed and also my dog.. if she looks scary people willl be scared of her... she will sense it.. that is not good. however it still means that much to me that it is worth dealing with to me. how from a computer can you think you know who i am or what my motives are. dam im glad i am me and not someone who goes around sizing people up with nearly enough info. i think if my dog is well behaved that is gonna shine through well more than her ears!

Old 06-04-2009, 01:23 AM   #19
Suvaxal

she will be the best behaved dog on the block.. nothing like the lab two doors down that roams off leash. thanks for having a opened mind!

Old 06-04-2009, 01:29 AM   #20
29clepayJainync

Where in Brooklyn are you from? My aunt lives there She's in Bay Ridge.

Reply to Thread New Thread