LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 02-16-2009, 11:36 PM   #1
Garry Hovard

Default Plea Bargain....what would you do?
Jean... Ed told me why he took the plea. Basically there were 14 dogs which the DA said had scars consistent with dog fighting. Ed says those dogs came to him in that condition. (Which I completely believe) And the DA gave him 3 options.... and I'll tell anyone like I told him he did the right thing.

1. Face NO time what so ever...and walk away. Just give the names of the people you got those dogs from.

2. You and your son plead guilty. You get 14 counts of dog fighting (one for each dog scarred) do 8 - 10 months in prison... your son gets NO time in prison just gets probation.

3. Fight it... and you and your son face 127 counts of dog fighting, and harboring an animal for the purpose of a dog fight. (1 for each dog and puppy seized) and BOTH of you are looking at between 40 - 60 YEARS depending on the judge and the jury.. if your court appointed lawyer can't win.

Which would you choose?

What a bunch of bull. I wish Ed would have fought it to the end, but I do understand that sometimes when your health is poor and money is tight, you just have to do some shitty things, i.e. plead bargains.

Prayers still being sent to him.

Old 02-16-2009, 11:42 PM   #2
AnypecekceS

thats a good man

Old 02-16-2009, 11:43 PM   #3
irrawnWab

Old 02-16-2009, 11:48 PM   #4
Jeaxatoem

Geez... those are some really really hard decisions. I don't believe in being a Narc. Option 2 requires him to admit guilt, when you said you didn't think he was guilty which is completely unfair... and 3, 40 to 60 years in prison for fighting some dogs?? Geez... My sisters ex SHOT A MAN TWICE and got a year with 20 prob, got in trouble and went back to serve 6 years.

Once again... How does that work US Government?

Old 02-16-2009, 11:50 PM   #5
Garry Hovard

I want to know the snitch that picked option 1....... Thats whats wrong with America right there... too many snitches.

Old 02-16-2009, 11:55 PM   #6
Snitiendumurn

Surely NC that was a mistake! Ya I think no one really knows what they would do in that situation but I know what I wouldn't do!

Old 02-17-2009, 12:00 AM   #7
Gastonleruanich

If I knew that the dogs had been fought previously to me obtaining the dogs I would pick option 1 if I was to go to court over something like this b/c if I didn't fight the dogs but was getting charged with that I wouldn't want to be charged with something I didn't do. So I personally don't see anything wrong with option one if you KNOW for certain they were fought.

Were option 1 can be bad is if you just blame the previous owners without knowing anything or even worse knowing they didn't fight the dogs.

So I picked option one but wasn't the 1st to pick it and honestly your opinion is your opinion and mine is mine if you don't like my opinion that is fine with me but don't turn this into an attack.

Old 02-17-2009, 12:00 AM   #8
AnypecekceS

Surely NC that was a mistake! Ya I think no one really knows what they would do in that situation but I know what I wouldn't do!
I imagine what the state has to go through to prove you are fighting dogs isn't much though.

Old 02-17-2009, 12:05 AM   #9
Wr8dIAUk

Assuming that you know you're innocent, I think it all depends on the quality of the lawyer that you can get. If court appointed is all you have access to, option 2 is the only choice.

It's a sin that they're going to PTS all of those dogs. The prosecution is saying that only 14 have anything to do with dog fighting when it comes to conviction, but that all 127 dogs are a danger to society when it it comes to euthanizing them. That doesn't make any sense.

Old 02-17-2009, 12:08 AM   #10
astefecyAvevy

That is a tough decision.

I definitely wouldn't "snitch" someone out, because for all I know the dogs could have obtained the scars from a yard accident, and I would just be putting another person in the same crappy situation and having another amount of dogs killed by the HSUS.

The second option makes sense only, because I would want to do what was best for my child, even if that means, making myself out to look like a Villian.

The third option sucks, because if you don't have a lot of money for a fantastic attny. or have the option to "waiver" a jury (I think that's what it's called). Then you are not at the hands of "Were you innocent or guilty", but at the hands of, who's atty. can convince the jury what the "truth" is. And we all know that when it comes to Dog fighting, you can be the most innocent person out there, but people already think you are a lowlife scum, because they believe you are guilty. It would be hard to prove your innocence, especially since Joe Schmoe only knows what the HSUS and PETA pumps at them daily.

I hope you didn't think I was judging the man. I feel bad for him, since our "justice" system let down both him and his dogs. I am also sick of our "justice" system strong arming people into admitting guilty, when they are innocent, by using scare tatics.

Old 02-17-2009, 12:10 AM   #11
Grorointeri

I picked option 2.

Old 02-17-2009, 12:15 AM   #12
moohassinny

Ed made the best choice for his family. My sincerest condolences to him and his loved ones. If it wasn't for him, I wouldn't have my beautiful girl Scarling so I feel indebted to him and thankful for what he's given the breed.

Old 02-17-2009, 12:23 AM   #13
8cyVn4RJ

I picked option 2...only because the son was implicated...otherwise option 3 if I knew I was not guilty.

Old 02-17-2009, 12:25 AM   #14
Wr8dIAUk

Of course, you could pick option #1 and name John Goodwin.

Old 02-17-2009, 12:38 AM   #15
traithJah

This is bs.... Such corruption going on. Really pisses me off. I feel bad for Ed and his family

Option 3 is what I would do most likely.

I just wouldn't be able to live with my self in a normal healthy state without thinking in my head , that I am right and I did nothing wrong and they are tying to make me plead for something that is not true. So I will go with option 3 and get a good lawyer and give him all the info he needs and hope for the best. And hopefully the judge will see that , I could of walked away from this clean if i ratted someone out as an option or face 8-10 months and walk away from this.. but I didn't because its not true and present my case... And just hope I win. And if I lose, depending on my mental state, I just may kill a few people that are against me and made this situation possible then try to get out of the country asap or die trying.. Not going 40-60 years for some bs thing i didn't do and then face the prison life. And im not trying to be funny or anything. This is what i will do. Sure.. I can rat the person out, and walk away free. But that is not one of my morals.. EDIT: oh , the son is in option 3 aswell... I really dont know what i would do actually. I would need to be in the exact position and talk to my son about it and what not.

Old 02-17-2009, 01:03 AM   #16
surefireinvest

Of course, you could pick option #1 and name John Goodwin. Now that was funny...

I picked 2 one because like Ed I could not afford to hire the worlds best attorney for the case and even if I could it would not guarantee I would be found not guilty in front of a jury. I would not even consider opt 1 .....

Old 02-17-2009, 01:47 AM   #17
xLQLRcXh

I'd pick option #2. As bad at it would be to have to admit to something you're not guilty of and do a little time, it's way better than 40-60 years for something you're not guilty of. It's a shame that he even had to do this, but he didn't set anyone out and looked out for his son. I think he made the best decision he could. Poor guy.

Old 02-17-2009, 02:00 AM   #18
gkruCRi1

option 2

Old 02-17-2009, 02:01 AM   #19
marketheal

NC, can you clarify something for me please?

An article I read about this story on the internet said that when undercover officers went to his kennels and asked about purchasing dogs for the purpose of fighting, Faron himself said he was willing to sell the dogs because "he needed the money" and after he got arrested he said he was telling the undercover officers "what he thought they wanted to hear". Now I don't know the entire story nor do I know this man, but is it illegal to knowingly sell dogs for fighting purposes? Would this case have been avoided if he hadn't been willing to sell dogs for the purpose of fighting?

Old 02-17-2009, 02:10 AM   #20
lopesmili

I would do just as one of my Best Friends in the world, Ed Faron... The dogs were not coming back regardless, gotta do damage control, anything but become a snitch, real people take their lumps!

Reply to Thread New Thread