LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 02-26-2009, 04:55 AM   #1
Quvwcxqx

Default Doggy Smiles
I see all these absolutley cute pics of pitbulls with thier big old mouths open like they are smiling .

My puppy doesnt do this! not even when we are playing at the park running around! Is it something they do when they are older or hot from the warmer weather?

Its so cute I want her to do it! lol.

Old 02-26-2009, 07:15 AM   #2
traithJah

Ehm.. Do you mean these type of pictures?

If so.. This is called panting.. This is when you see the dog's mouth open with their tongue hanging out when they are hot and tired..

Because they sweat through their tongue.They sweat along the base of their feet. They pant to regulate their body temperature and cool the blood vessels that lead to the head and brain, thereby regulating the temperature throughout the rest of their body. Puffing is for replacing and moving oxygen throughout the lungs.

We humans sweat to maintain temperature and dogs pant to maintain body temperature. So thats why you see dogs with their mouths open and tongues out , "smiling"

Your dog will do this if it gets hot from a warm day or is heated up from a good workout/exercise/walk..

And i actually seen my dog at like 13 weeks pant. But thats because it was hot inside from the wood burning stove.. Was like 85 degree's ! So yea... Your dog will do it eventually .

Old 02-26-2009, 09:00 AM   #3
inmeirulez

i have yet to see one that doesnt do it give her some time. it was so cute when Peanut was tiny and did it! i wish i had the pictures on this computer

Old 02-26-2009, 02:59 PM   #4
Amirmsheesk

I see all these absolutley cute pics of pitbulls with thier big old mouths open like they are smiling .

My puppy doesnt do this! not even when we are playing at the park running around! Is it something they do when they are older or hot from the warmer weather?

Its so cute I want her to do it! lol.
Usually if they are out in the heat or thirsty they do it. My pup just started doing it when i take him for lil walks during the day when it's hot out other then that I never see him doing it.

Old 02-26-2009, 04:47 PM   #5
valiumcheapll

Boo never smiles But Sophie smiles consistantly. She smiles while she is sleeping!

Old 02-26-2009, 04:48 PM   #6
pfcwlkxav

Mine only do it when their worn out from playing.

Reply to Thread New Thread