LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 02-25-2009, 04:16 AM   #1
Indessasp

Default Bad Behavior?
Hi everyone, Im thinking about rescueing a 4 month old Pit Bull pup. I leave for work at 2pm and return at 1am, my girlfriend leaves for work at 7am and returns at 5pm, so when I get up shes at work and when I get home shes asleep. My question is since we both arent home at the same time, except on the weekends, and I guess you could say training the pup seperatly would this cause any behavioral issues?

Old 02-25-2009, 09:23 AM   #2
dogdesign

Not so long as you guys are consistent. I raise guide dog puppies and often times raisers will co-raise a dog. I've noticed that when the two raisers are similar(as far a the rules, method of discipline...ect.) then the pup turns out fine, however, when one of the raisers is more lenient than the other, the pup gets confused and often times the raisers bicker about what the other does with the dog.

Talk about things like what you will feed the dog, will they be let on the furniture, where it will sleep and invite her to PBC too!

Old 02-25-2009, 05:22 PM   #3
pfcwlkxav

I agree.

Old 02-25-2009, 05:26 PM   #4
joOEMcheapSOFTWARE

I agree.
me too As long as both of you are on the same page as far as the training, everything should be good.

Reply to Thread New Thread