LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 02-24-2009, 06:24 AM   #1
TeNuaTe

Default Question about territorality (i guess)?
well this is the first time I have ever seen this from Bentley, but when a stranger approached the car today (someone I knew but he's never met) he was a little wary but when they stood next to my window and reached in to shake my hand, he growled a few times but when i looked at him he would wag his tail.
He's never ever shown signs of HA but he is a little shy sometimes..my other dogs have done this before but none of them have HA issues so i'm thinking maybe this is just some sort of territorial thing? im not sure so please educate if you can..

thanks

Old 02-24-2009, 06:28 AM   #2
Serereids

when this happens to me there is no HA, just rambo places himself in my lap to sepperate the other person from me. never growls or anything. kinda wierd really. i dont think i have ever heard him growl in a mean/agressive way. is this a good thing?

Old 02-24-2009, 11:04 AM   #3
Shootohoist

I had a similar situation, but it was more towards protecting my girlfriend. My year old was with me in the car and when my girlfriend was walking up to the car a gangbanger who didn't look right started approaching her and my dog went freaking crazy and I couldn't stop her till the guy left. I just think that they are looking out for those that they care about.

Old 02-24-2009, 03:57 PM   #4
RlUbQU3R

strange person approaching you (good dog). if his tail was wagging probably wasnt aggression so much as just a hey i'm here and then watching how you react.

Old 02-24-2009, 04:19 PM   #5
pfcwlkxav

There must be something about cars. Jesse looks intently at anyone who approaches the car when she is in it. She doesnt growl, or wag her tail, she just stares.

Its enough to keep most people from getting too close. Which to me is a good thing. I camp alone in the summer and I always take her with me for that very reason.

Old 02-25-2009, 12:10 AM   #6
Txaizdxx

I agree Alma, mine does the same thing in the truck but if someone comes through our front door she's off the coach and wagging her tail before she even knows who it is.

Reply to Thread New Thread