LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 02-18-2009, 06:10 PM   #1
pfcwlkxav

I found some nice grassy areas around a business park I work at. Most times after 5pm NO ONE is there and it allows them free roam. The weekends are a good time to go as well.

Old 02-18-2009, 08:38 PM   #2
NvrNoNowX

I used to take him to a very small park by my old apartment, very rarely there were people there, when I got there usually a girl I work with would be there with her pit bull and they would play together for hours. He's being boarded right now so he gets to play on a 10 acre lot all day with other dogs.

Old 07-03-2009, 12:14 AM   #3
Svatudjw

Default Where do you walk you dog?
Since we cant take our dogs to the dog park, I'm sure most of us have a favorite private place that we take them to let them stretch their legs off leash. Just want to hear about others favorite spot. I have one that has miles and miles of open areas and trees, with hills that I can walk along and throw sticks down so the dogs can run up and down them for exercise. There's also a stream where they swim for hours with out being disturbed. They get to chase rabbits, chipmunks etc. The only down fall is I have to watch for coyotes.

Old 07-03-2009, 12:23 AM   #4
Kotyara

When I'm back home in Va, I let them run loose on the 40 acre family farm and they love it. But up here at school we walk down to the Student center. There are rarely any other dogs around, but there's usually a good number of people that will come up and talk to us about them. Also not to far from our house is a "Rail Trail" that runs for miles around the town and by the river. We'll take them down there from time to time if the bf and I have our bikes or roller blades with us.

Here's the bf today at the student center with Duchess

Old 07-03-2009, 12:35 AM   #5
AblemTee

I have half acer lot that is fenced from my kennel that is for them to run and do what ever.

Old 07-03-2009, 12:39 AM   #6
Civilrecordzz

Nice, especially the rail line. The dogs can get some good exercise right there.

Old 07-03-2009, 02:40 AM   #7
attanilifardy

99 acres on the Guadalupe River near Seguin, Tx...but I have to keep an eye open for ferrel pigs or cattle...he goes nuts. I also take him to a baseball/softball diamond with a couple of dogs he does well with...cable lock the gate while we are there...

Old 07-03-2009, 02:48 AM   #8
freflellalafe

parks. the lake, and the river sometimes but the current scares me so I leave a long leash on them. we also have alot o land with fields. and a stream. but beware of deer hunters. I put orange on them in the woods.

Old 07-03-2009, 04:39 AM   #9
primaveraloler

I currently don't have any place where I can let them "stretch their legs" off leash, but we do take daily walks on a leash, on a dirt road not far from my house, it's near a horse pasture (one of the several reasons they stay on their leash).

Eventually we'd like to make a fenced in area on our property, so, the dogs can have some off chain and off leash time.

Old 08-02-2009, 01:31 PM   #10
paydayuscf

We are fortunate to have a few places around us that we enjoy taking the dogs too. See the links below for photos at a few of those places.

These were taken yesterday and we'll be back there today training, relaxing, and just having fun.

http://www.pitbull-chat.com/showthread.php?t=23272

Last month's photos

http://www.pitbull-chat.com/showthread.php?t=21904

Old 08-02-2009, 06:13 PM   #11
Svatudjw

I got a little lucky and found my spot. I have a couple actually, but one is my absolute favorite because it offers so much, plus it's so big that you can get lost if your not paying attention. Not bad for being in the chicago area. I envy all you guys living in the south and great plains areas.

Old 08-02-2009, 09:17 PM   #12
Aozenee

We walk everyday near our house in trails in the woods. We run and walk and play fetch the stick. If she gets distracted and I go a few feet ahead she takes off with the butt tucked under and catches up to me. She is so cute!
Today....

Old 08-02-2009, 09:59 PM   #13
whimpykid

The dogs mostly exercise on my property, which is nearly 2 acres and fenced in. Most weekends I take one dog (leashed) to walk a couple miles down a dirt nature trail in the city.

I also have some access to private property (hay field) where I take a dog or two to run off-leash.

Old 08-02-2009, 09:59 PM   #14
AngelinaLip

we go to the tennis court, we walk as well

Old 08-03-2009, 01:54 AM   #15
Spisivavona

Lugz only gets off leash time in the back yard. But he does get to jog/walk with me and for that I use a 20 ft. leash. While walking it is shortened so that he is right beside me but while jogging he gets the entire 20 feet. At the end of last summer, I started taking him to a place that has a very small lake and he gets 2 twenty foot leashes so that he can swim and splash ect. My daughter and I have considered taking him somewhere like a tennis court that is fenced in but we have not done this yet.

Old 09-02-2009, 02:57 PM   #16
RlUbQU3R

On the backside of Fort Bragg. There are TONS of old dirt trails and old training sites.. The dogs usually go for 6 miles or so... It's a lot of fun

Old 09-02-2009, 03:52 PM   #17
HugoSimon

we like the forests in the summer and the lakes, and anywhere secluded where we can run and enjoy the wilderness, but right now I take the oyung one to the dog park to socialize, but that's just for now, while she's itsy bitsy. we don't take the old one there

Old 09-02-2009, 07:39 PM   #18
valiumcheapll

There is a playground that is all fenced in at a local school. There is even a gate to close it all up. they love the playground. They go down the slides and love the bridges. We have a great time. I also take them rollerbalding with me. One at a time of course. I really try to make special mommy time with each one!

Old 09-02-2009, 07:45 PM   #19
investmentonlinev2006x

I take mine to a baseball field and toss a ball and a frisbee. I DID take them to Piedmont park in Atl yesterday...but if Pit owners keep letting their dogs act the way they were yesterday...they will soon be banned from the park for sure! One owner was standing and watching while her pit jumped on a smaller dog and started growling and chewing on its neck!!!

Other than that, the ball park is about it. There is a park in Alabama that I'll take them to thats about 200 acres of open land with a few ponds. I will let them off the leash there and they have a blast!

Old 10-03-2009, 02:12 AM   #20
furillo

Campus where I went to school. Cemetary or greenbelt at night or if no one else is there.
A few local schools that are fenced during off hours.
My parent's property.
The woods.

Reply to Thread New Thread