LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 01-13-2009, 01:22 PM   #1
Filling25

yeah i think that will be the best thing to do i'll have to seat with my wife and make her understand that the dogs can't be left alone no matter what thanks for the advise

Old 01-13-2009, 04:21 PM   #2
FEti0TUI

have you even introduced the dogs. IMO you shouldn't make any desisions untill you see the dogs together. Met them in a neutral place all on leash and pack walk then watch their body language and take it form there. If all works out great. As stated always supervise them. I have both dogs out with me but once I cannot keep an eye on them one or both go to their beds for some quiet time.
Good Luck let us know what you decide

Old 01-14-2009, 12:21 AM   #3
Filling25

mmmmm i been thinking about having then bring the dogs out not to my place to a park and see how they interact with each other

Old 01-14-2009, 02:15 AM   #4
MeverikcNils

personally because they are not your dogs. Id keep them separate from your dog. All it takes is one spat and the owner of the yorkies could be furious. Its just safer to keep them away from each other all together in my mind. Like if I foster dogs for people, those dogs are my responsibility to keep them from harm etc I don't let my APBT or bully breeds interact with fosters just for the sheer fact if a "Pit Bull" attacks another dog theres a lot more pressue put apon them vrs if say I had a Cocker Spaniel attack a foster beagle. LOL

Old 01-17-2009, 10:06 PM   #5
Filling25

today we introduce the yorkies to aspen. she was hyper and wanted to play with them roady and foster didn't know what to make of aspen they haven't been socialized with other dogs aspen is here with me in my computer room while my wife is down stairs with the foster and roady we are not leaving them alone but i think my wife is not going to foster them after seen how foster and roady are they look like they are stress .

Old 01-18-2009, 03:27 PM   #6
Fellionas

I grew up with a yorkie in my parents house. Now my brother and i both have an apbt. When we go over there we let all 3 play in the backyard and the yorkie is no joke. She will try and try to pick a fight with one of the big dogs. She is very territorial.

Old 01-18-2009, 06:41 PM   #7
jeockammece

today we introduce the yorkies to aspen. she was hyper and wanted to play with them roady and foster didn't know what to make of aspen they haven't been socialized with other dogs aspen is here with me in my computer room while my wife is down stairs with the foster and roady we are not leaving them alone but i think my wife is not going to foster them after seen how foster and roady are they look like they are stress .
You can foster them.... I would follow a crate and rotate routine. Allowing them time to get to know each other and you aswell.

Good luck with these little dogs.

Old 01-18-2009, 06:48 PM   #8
PristisoliTer

One of Mollie's best friends is a little 2 lb Yorkie/Dachshund mix. Ugly little critter, but Mollie loves her!

Old 01-20-2009, 03:05 AM   #9
Filling25

after the yorkies left my wife decided not foster then she realized that it was going to be hard for her to deal with three dogs at the same time we have different working schedules the yorkies all they wanted to do was sleep and aspen all she wanted to do was play i'm glad she realized that is not easy taking care of three dogs

Old 12-02-2009, 12:31 AM   #10
Filling25

Default my wife is thinking of fostering two yorkies
i just got a text message from my wife, one her friends is looking for foster home for her yorkies for about six to seven months i know aspen hasn't show any da but that doesn't mean that she will turn on the little guys my question is should i bee concern for the small dogs ?

Old 12-02-2009, 01:03 AM   #11
wp6Eg2Fm

Well, I wouldn't leave the dogs alone together with Aspen, they would always be surpervised. I'd keep a close eye and if Aspen showed an signs of being DA towards them, I wouldn't keep them together even when I was present. Being so little and Aspen being a pit bull, I wouldn't take to chance one of them getting bit. All it could be for them from Aspen would maybe be one bite and then it's all over. Really, it's up to you, but for myself that's what I would do.

Reply to Thread New Thread