LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 12-22-2008, 02:23 AM   #1
corkBrobe

Default American Pitbull Registry???
I was looking over thier site. It says all you have to do is provide a pic of the front and side view of your dog? Is this a legitimate registry? My pup has no papers. I also heard the UKC will do the same thing but only if the dog is fixed. I;m confused about all this. Any info would be great.

I don't understand how a registry can register a dog with no bloodline background ect

Old 12-22-2008, 02:35 AM   #2
invasuant

I was looking over thier site. It says all you have to do is provide a pic of the front and side view of your dog? Is this a legitimate registry? My pup has no papers. I also heard the UKC will do the same thing but only if the dog is fixed. I;m confused about all this. Any info would be great.

I don't understand how a registry can register a dog with no bloodline background ect
UKC will provide LIMITED registration to an altered animal - this allows them to compete in performance events like weight pull and agility. The other registry is not legit and will take your money and would register a pet rock if you sent them the right pictures.

Old 12-22-2008, 02:37 AM   #3
corkBrobe

lol well im not registering my dog or pet rock with them.....

Old 12-22-2008, 09:26 AM   #4
Thunderzee

We have a guy in NZ who was doing this and has single handedly destroyed the breed. Couple that with the ban on importing any dogs and as you can probably imagine, things are looking grim. All this guy wanted were pics and I think pics of the dam. There are a handful of guys who are keeping some good lines, although some are very shady and one or two have been done for fighting, whether they were or not is open to interpretation. This remains the best source of a genuine dog here now.

Old 12-23-2008, 08:17 AM   #5
giDdfezP

Haha,

Let me get this straight, you want to register your dog as a American Pit Bull Terrier but you have no clue if it is even pure bred...Hahaha.

Seems like some BYB tactics.

"Come buy my Pit Bulls puppies $200! Registered and comes with papers!"

Old 12-24-2008, 01:47 AM   #6
hoarrimilsora

Here is UKC's Limited Privilege Registration, if you do have a pure APBT with no papers you got scammed! Take a look at this thread about what to ask when buying a pup. Then you will know if it is a legit breeder.

http://www.pitbull-chat.com/showthread.php?t=8184

UKC Limited Privilege Registrationis offered by UKC to encourage all dog owners to be active and enjoy time with their dogs. This program accepts Mix Bred dogs (also known as American Mixed Bred dogs, or AMB), purebred dogs of unknown or incomplete pedigrees, purebred dogs registered with registries the UKC does not acknowledge, and purebred dogs with disqualifying faults. Dogs enrolled in the LP Program must be spayed or neutered and, if accepted, are eligible to compete in obedience, agility, weight pull, dock jumping, dog sports, hunting programs, and terrier races; however, they are not eligible for conformation events.

Documents necessary for Limited Privilege Registration are as follows:

1) Completed Limited Privilege Registration Application,

2) Proof that the dog is spayed or neutered, signed by a Veterinarian,

3) Fee of $30.00

4) (Optional) if you wish to have the dog identified as a specific breed, two color photographs (3 inches x 3 inches minimum) of the dog, one standing in profile and the other a close up of the dog's head must be submitted so that the dog can be compared to the given breed standard.

Old 01-01-2009, 07:03 AM   #7
corkBrobe

Haha,

Let me get this straight, you want to register your dog as a American Pit Bull Terrier but you have no clue if it is even pure bred...Hahaha.

Seems like some BYB tactics.

"Come buy my Pit Bulls puppies $200! Registered and comes with papers!"
That is not what I was implying. I was simply asking a question about the differant registrys that will register pitbulls. As stated in my OP I did not understand how a dog can be registered by just looking at some photos. I found this site after getting my puppy and have learnt alot about the breed and am still learning. I was only asking an innocent question. Please gather all your information before you assume something that isnt true or jump the gun. I plan on spaying my girl at 6 monthes.

Old 01-01-2009, 07:05 AM   #8
corkBrobe

and just to add I contacted the breeder and he sent me papers for AKA registration. And I'm not sure what that is either.

Reply to Thread New Thread