Default Geometry & Artistic Intent In Paintings
dear friends,

http://www.andrewgough.co.uk/geometry.html

be well, be love.

david

geometry & artistic intent in paintings
by adrian lodge ph.d.

general introduction

rennes-le-château dedicated internet forums have frequently discussed the grail star geometry by brian ettinger. looking through the forums of recent years reveals the geometry has met with almost complete rejection. brian ettinger persistently counters these rebuttals but never seems to convince the detractors. correspondences have frequently degenerated into misunderstanding and name-calling. while such discussions may be entertaining for the neutral observer, this approach does not bring us any closer to solving the rennes-le-château mystery. when reviewing the grail star geometry, one could quite easily end up falling into the trap of subjective interpretation that this topic seems to encourage. therefore, this article attempts to find a more objective method of determining artistic intent.

the article is divided into two sections:

the grail star geometry proposed by brian ettinger. this is in response to an official request by the editor of the journal of the rennes alchemist and mr ettinger to review his discovery of a novel geometric figure in certain 17th century paintings and on a formation of islands and points of land in nova scotia.

a discussion on geometry and artistic intent that includes a scientific comparison of a number of geometric constructions.

Old 07-06-2007, 05:03 AM   #2
Thorwaywhobia

i think there is a star in the sky that is associated to the
"holy grail". its called labrum at longitude 26virgo41...
(very close to my ascendant.)

http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/new_page_1.htm

maybe this is related somehow to the "grail star geometry",
though difficult to say for sure.

Old 06-18-2020, 01:41 AM   #3
monojoli

It is a well-maintained site where people can learn about various topics. I am looking forward to read more blogs from here.
Cat Ninja
Wormateio

Old 02-15-2021, 11:26 AM   #4
KimberlyShark

Indeed, it is always very interesting for me to read what do these people see, think, feel and how do they explain the art. I often visit some exhibitions and museums. Really, sometimes the author's ideas are very obvious and understandable, but sometimes you can look at an artwork for hours and even know which idea it carries, but you still won't see it. Unfortunately, I can't draw by myself, although I would like it very much. My hobby is drawing paints by numbers. I order them at https://paintingbynumbersshop.com/pr...int-by-numbers and I draw in the evenings in my spare time. I really get pleasure from this.
Last edited by KimberlyShark; 02-21-2021 at 08:27 PM.

Old 02-22-2021, 12:18 PM   #5
JoanMCD

Indeed, it is always very interesting for me to read what do these people see, think, feel and how do they explain the art. I often visit some exhibitions and museums. Really, sometimes the author's ideas are very obvious and understandable, but sometimes you can look at an artwork for hours and even know which idea it carries, but you still won't see it. Unfortunately, I can't draw by myself, although I would like it very much. My hobby is drawing paints by numbers. I order them at https://paintingbynumbersshop.com/pr...int-by-numbers and I draw in the evenings in my spare time. I really get pleasure from this.
Originally Posted by KimberlyShark View Post
Hmm, I’m going to check this later. Thanks

Old 05-23-2023, 06:20 AM   #6
PeterTownsend

Thank you for sharing the excerpt and the topic of geometry and artistic intent in paintings. While the provided information seems to focus on the discussion surrounding the grail star geometry proposed by Brian Ettinger and its relevance to the Rennes-le-Château mystery, it doesn't directly connect to the Paint By Numbers.

However, if you're interested in exploring the intersection of geometry and art, Art of Paint By Numbers offers paint by numbers kits that feature various subjects, including geometric patterns. These kits provide an opportunity for artists of all levels to engage with artistic creation while following a structured approach guided by numbered sections and corresponding paint colors.

If you enjoy exploring geometry and its artistic applications, you may find enjoyment and inspiration in creating a paint by numbers artwork with geometric elements. The process can be both relaxing and rewarding, allowing you to appreciate the balance between structure and artistic expression.

Remember to visit the Art of Paint By Numbers websiteto explore the available kits and find one that resonates with your interests. Enjoy your artistic journey!

Reply to Thread New Thread