LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 01-25-2009, 09:49 AM   #1
EasyLOAD

About 10 years ago out of impulse I bought Teach Yourself Visual Basic 3.0 in 21 days. Since that fatefull day I have been programming constantly. Now I work for a company as a programmer.

The interesting thing is that once you learn one language, all the others come so easily. They are all basicly the same...just different syntax. Its like learning to drive. Once you learn to drive, the car does does not matter.

Now I can program in C,C++, VB.NET, PHP, Java.

Old 02-28-2009, 06:51 PM   #2
Zhgpavye

I code in XHTML, XML, XLST,CSS, AJAX,VB6, VB.NET, PHP, MySQL, SQL, ASP.NET, FLASH (actionscript) and yes Im a geek! *sigh*

Old 02-28-2009, 07:07 PM   #3
iH1wMOhE

HTML and its variation XML
CSS
Javascript
ASP
PHP and SQL

some other stuff we use art work:
VMS, Perl, and guessing from the way some of these fuckers type English

I also learned some Adobe/Macromedia stuff like ActionScript, cold fusion and a very cryptic programming language for an old application that used to do what Flash does nowdays from a Desktop publishing program called director. the language is named Lingo and while it is very OOP (object oriented programming) it is not easy but it is as hell to learn!

I must say out of all the languages out there, PHP and SQL, Lingo, Actionscript and HTML are the favorites

and if you guys wanna learn something stupid give VMS a shot, ugh!

Old 02-28-2009, 07:13 PM   #4
BiseCreesia

I agree, Actionscript is so useful... I use all of the macromedia / Abobe stuff in my job, and InDesign Im loving at the moment

Old 04-01-2009, 11:50 PM   #5
Mello

Default Programming
Hey all,

I was wondering, how many of you program, and what language you use. I started "trying" to learn good old C almost a year ago, but with a tutorial that even now leaves me staring open mouthed at the screen, astounded at the fact that I managed to learn C from that site as far as pointers. Which for them, splicing the complete C language up into only like 15 one page lessons, wasn't very far. But, I managed, found some better tutorials, moved on to C++ and here I am.

Cheers,

Gabe

Old 04-01-2009, 11:53 PM   #6
arcaniagainee

I code HTML
I've actually never done a tutorial ,i've just always got it.. it's sad really

Old 04-02-2009, 03:32 AM   #7
Adamanta

I took a computer programming course two semesters ago, I wouldn't say I learned C++ but I know a little about programming. I mean very little.

Old 04-02-2009, 04:09 AM   #8
grattperret

I'll be in the same course NicAuf took this semester.

Old 04-02-2009, 06:50 AM   #9
hubua990

I have started many projects in Visual Basic 6, yet only two are of interest recently, and even then, they are still on the back burner.

I have worked a little with C/C++, in helping a friend with his programming homework.

I have completed the Programming 1 course in my major (Computer Science), and therefore have a bit of experience with Python 2.5/6.

I have messed with HTML/CSS, but I have not updated any of my sites (which are few in number).

I am going to play with Java, starting in the next week on Monday, in my Programming 2 course.

I am working with a subset of Visual Basic (VB for Applications - VBA) for customized stuff in the Office 2003 as part of an intership/part time gig.

I might start one of the two Visual Basic projects I was previously working on, which was a language of my own, and a compiler for it.

Old 06-01-2009, 07:43 PM   #10
attlawqa

Pascal for basics

Old 08-01-2009, 11:00 PM   #11
JorgiOLusinio

I get paid to program in HTML, VBScript, VB 6/.net and some hideous database stuff, and I still like to mess about with Turbo Pascal (for DOS )

Old 10-25-2022, 11:53 AM   #12
Ighans1

Hi all! I get a job and they gave me a test, very difficult tasks. Where can I get more information on coding?

Old 10-25-2022, 11:54 AM   #13
mytitle101

In fact, sometimes going through such coding challenges is really very useful, because often you will have to put a lot of effort to pass them. This will not only help you consolidate your existing knowledge, but you can also learn something new for sure. I regularly visit the https://tleapps.com/coding-projects/ site to get new ideas for coding challenges that I regularly do to make sure I've mastered the concepts I've learned in the programming language.

Old 08-15-2023, 06:52 AM   #14
topher2023

I took a computer programming course two semesters ago, I wouldn't say I learned C++ but I know a little about programming. I mean very little.
https://www.skysmotor.co.uk/

Reply to Thread New Thread