LOGO
USA Society
USA social debate

Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 06-09-2012, 08:51 PM   #1
Zarekylin75

Default Terry Jones, Quran-Burning Pastor, Hangs Barack Obama Effigy Outside Florida Church
In a telephone interview with The Huffington Post, Jones said the flag was meant to call attention to Obama's stance on same-sex marriage and that the baby doll is there because the president is "favorable toward abortion."

Jones also said that radical Islam is "the most dangerous threat to life and national security in America."

There is also an Uncle Sam dummy standing at the base of the gallows outside the DWOC. Jones told HuffPost that the Obama effigy had originally been positioned to be hanging Uncle Sam when the display went up two weeks ago, but that the church changed the display on Wednesday.

The words “Obama is Killing America” are printed on a trailer nearby.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1581272.html

Old 06-09-2012, 08:57 PM   #2
AmericaAirline 111

This is actually quite funny. The article mentions that this specific church has been described as "cult-like." It never does cease to amaze me how people are so homophobic and ignorant about other religions, that they resort to this. People putting too much energy into trying to prevent something that will have zero effect on them.

Old 06-09-2012, 09:57 PM   #3
sbrpkkl

In a telephone interview with The Huffington Post, Jones said the flag was meant to call attention to Obama's stance on same-sex marriage and that the baby doll is there because the president is "favorable toward abortion."

Jones also said that radical Islam is "the most dangerous threat to life and national security in America."

There is also an Uncle Sam dummy standing at the base of the gallows outside the DWOC. Jones told HuffPost that the Obama effigy had originally been positioned to be hanging Uncle Sam when the display went up two weeks ago, but that the church changed the display on Wednesday.

The words “Obama is Killing America” are printed on a trailer nearby.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1581272.html

Terry Jones already has enough blood on his hands because of his past actions. I say we burn Jesus in effigy or have a bible burning in Jones honor and see what the Christianistas do.

Old 06-09-2012, 10:17 PM   #4
eCw56dzY

Terry Jones already has enough blood on his hands because of his past actions. I say we burn Jesus in effigy or have a bible burning in Jones honor and see what the Christianistas do.
Why possibly piss off all christians when not all christians feel this way. I cant stand people like him or Ni who are ignorant and hateful towards folks that have nothing to do with them.

Old 06-09-2012, 10:29 PM   #5
triardwonvada

The Secret Service (if they're not out bangin' whores) needs to pay this jackass a visit. That effigy crap is just childish; actually, it is rather offensive. Hell, I'm no fan of the current occupant of the White House, but I sure as hell wouldn't do something as grotesque as what's in that picture.

Old 06-10-2012, 12:23 AM   #6
Almolfuncomma

The guy is an attention whore. Stop paying attention to him, and maybe remove his tax-exempt status as well.

Old 06-11-2012, 08:13 PM   #7
WrigleyMike

Terry Jones looks like what would happen if Paul Teutul Sr and a Trailer Park Queen had a baby and abandoned it in a dumpster

Old 06-11-2012, 11:27 PM   #8
NEWyear

Do we not see enough of that with the middle east?

Old 06-17-2012, 01:22 AM   #9
medprof

Does he really think this is helpful?

He's a pastor. He ought to be focusing on his congregation, not on politics.

Old 06-17-2012, 01:23 AM   #10
prehighaltitudesjj

Why possibly piss off all christians when not all christians feel this way. I cant stand people like him or Ni who are ignorant and hateful towards folks that have nothing to do with them.
ignorant = disagrees with you
hateful = disagrees with you

I don't agree with this guy at all, so please stop implying that I do.

Old 06-17-2012, 03:05 PM   #11
HarryMet

HBO shows GWB's head on a stake.
Which group has a wider audience?
Which group should be held to a higher accountability?
A lone nutter or a highly-respected cable TV company?

Liberal idiots whine about everything and ignore their absurd hypocrisy.

Old 06-18-2012, 01:41 PM   #12
BegeMoT

HBO shows GWB's head on a stake.
Which group has a wider audience?
Which group should be held to a higher accountability?
A lone nutter or a highly-respected cable TV company?

Liberal idiots whine about everything and ignore their absurd hypocrisy.
To be honest I watch that show and did not recognize Bush in that scene. Of course when I viewed the still shown in the media he is quite recognizable.

Tempest in a teapot?

Reply to Thread New Thread