LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 09-21-2010, 11:11 PM   #1
siflversonemunk

Default Larry Summers Will Leave White House At The End Of The Year
Huffington Post:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_733711.html

Lawrence Summers, the White House's top economic adviser, will leave at the end of the year and return to his position as a professor at Harvard University, according to a statement released by the White House today. (The news was first reported by Hans Nichols of Bloomberg News.)

Earlier today, amid rumors of their departure, White House Spokesman Robert Gibbs said that President Obama is "enormously pleased" with the performance of Summers and Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner, Reuters reported.

To fend off claims of being anti-business, the Obama administration may replace Summers, who serves as the director of the president's National Economic Council, with a top corporate executive, Bloomberg reports.

As Roll Call observed, at a town hall-style meeting broadcast yesterday on CNBC, Obama said he has yet to make "any determinations about personnel" on his economic team, but added that the administration is "constantly thinking ... do we have other options and other alternatives that we can explore?"

Old 09-22-2010, 05:12 PM   #2
HonjUopu

Oh boy. Tea Partiers and the GOP will hammer Pres. Obama for these resignations.

Whoa. I just realized something. There really are three parties these days. When was the last time that happened? I know, I know, the TP doesn't really call itself a "Party," but at some point they're going to have to jump down off the fence and... uh oh, you know how they're always saying they have no leader, they're just a grassroots organization? What if by 2012 they do get off the fence and choose a leader? Four words: Sarah Palin for President.

Old 09-23-2010, 01:09 AM   #3
Ayyfjicg

Ooh, would I love that. 20% of the vote to her, 35% to the GOP nominee, 45% to Obama. Done deal.

Reply to Thread New Thread