View Single Post
Old 04-14-2011, 03:04 AM   #26
Abedgebeefs

And to think just a few years ago we had full employment, a growing economy, a balanced budget and we were winning two wars, that Obama guy has ruined everything.
To be fair, has anyone's lives dramatically improved since Obama took office. All this hope and change and we are going to get America back on the right track speeches... Yeah I can't say that I've seen any of that. Do I personally blame Obama for that? Of course not. Do I think he made a bunch of promises to a bunch of vulnerable voters that he has absolutely no way to follow through on. Absolutely. I don't know why people fall for this crap every election year. They have all these high hopes going into an election then are let down time and again. Obama is not the answer to everyones prayers like some would think. He's just an ordinary politician. Not much different than the rest. If anyone thinks that any politician is going to swoop in and save the day then you're setting yourself up for another let down. With any positive thing they do, you can bet a heftier negative is looming in the shadows. Just because you don't see it doesn't mean its not there. As you see in most bills they pass, the effects usually lag behind a few years. Do people really think the Iraq war got us nearly $14 trillion in debt? Not even close. Policies from the Clinton years and the Bush years combined got us there. It took a while, but now its time to pay the piper. Just like a credit card. You can only pay that minimum payment so long, the next thing you know you find yourself so far in you can't get out. We are now experiencing that on a national level with very very big numbers.