LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 05-30-2012, 04:52 AM   #1
12dargernswearf

Default Arab/Jewish; Muslim/Jewish; Muslim/Christian... ect. marriages
How common it is to meet couples like that and what do you forum Arabs and Jews think about such unions?

I need to make a correction, because I also want to know what you people think about mixed religion couples? One doesn't have to be an active Christian/Muslim or a Jew, ect... but still people of different religious backgrounds usually have different views and culture, ect... that scares me a bit, but I have become more opened towards it.

Old 05-30-2012, 04:54 AM   #2
GarryPaterson

From what i have heard,
arabs dislike jews like the devil dislikes incense....

Old 05-30-2012, 05:01 AM   #3
Zhgpavye

Theoretically I wouldn't mind, but in practice there would be some issues, less so with an Arab Christian though.
Why???

Old 05-30-2012, 05:04 AM   #4
giDdfezP

i come a from an arab/jewish mixed background but my parents never get married.

Old 05-30-2012, 05:05 AM   #5
replicamuse

Are they still together? If they are, how did they managed to solve and work with all the differences, ect? To which religious/cultural group you belong more?

Old 05-30-2012, 05:05 AM   #6
attanilifardy

When I was in highschool, they was some arabs teenagers who were in couple with jewish girls, but most of times it was only for somes week , excepted if the guy was from some sort of liberal muslim family . Many arabs also thinks jewish girls are easy . I never heard of a married couple muslim/jew, but I remember saw on tv in a show who was about mix couple , a couple of muslim/jew .

But all the hates comments on the page of the videos, makes me thinks muslmis are against it . In that couple, the muslim guy cut the link with his family .

Old 05-30-2012, 05:06 AM   #7
PriniMai

Why???
^The main conflict is Jewish/Muslim, Christian Arabs sort of got dragged into it.

Anyway, there are about 10,000 such couples in Israel. A famous example of a non-Israeli Jewish/Arab couple is Julian Schnabel and Rula Jebreal(dunno if they're still together though):

Old 05-30-2012, 05:08 AM   #8
flanna.kersting

But Arabs usually are Muslims so Arab/Jewish marriages are Muslim/Jewish marriages.

Old 05-30-2012, 05:14 AM   #9
fount_pirat

But Arabs usually are Muslims so Arab/Jewish marriages are Muslim/Jewish marriages.
Not all arabs are muslims . For example they are a large diaspora of arabs in south america and they are all christians, also many lebanese are christians . They are also many whites european who are muslims in the balkans .

Most of the times Arab/jewish mariages are christian/jewish marriages, because it's very taboo for muslims arabs to marry jews

Old 05-30-2012, 05:15 AM   #10
BliliBoopsy

As a soon to be Jew, I personally wouldn't (no matter if Christian or Muslim), unless the woman in question converted to Judaism. Cultural & ideological incompatibility you know.

You're half Sephardi?

Old 05-30-2012, 05:15 AM   #11
Ruilnasr

Well you should have said Muslim/Jewish marriages because a big percentage (if not the majority) of Israeli Jews are Arab...Also many 'Arabs' are Christian (if you count non Gulf Arabs as Arab)

Old 05-30-2012, 05:16 AM   #12
c6vkuNRg

Well you should have said Muslim/Jewish marriages because a big percentage (if not the majority) of Israeli Jews are Arab...
Ehm... What?

Old 05-30-2012, 05:16 AM   #13
KlaraNovikoffaZ

Not all arabs are muslims . For example they are a large diaspora of arabs in south america and they are all christians, also many lebanese are christians . They are also many whites european who are muslims in the balkans .

Most of the times Arab/jewish mariages are christian/jewish marriages, because it's very taboo for muslims arabs to marry jews
I knew that, but still isn't it more common to be an Arab Muslim than a European Muslim (not just people from Balkan)?

---------- Post added 2012-05-29 at 23:17 ----------

Well you should have said Muslim/Jewish marriages because a big percentage (if not the majority) of Israeli Jews are Arab...Also many 'Arabs' are Christian (if you count non Gulf Arabs as Arab)
Yes, yes, yes... I really didn't thought about it... but that is why I made a correction.

Old 05-30-2012, 05:18 AM   #14
AutocadOemM

Ehm... What?
I thought there was a slight Sephardic majority, no? (Yes I realise Sephardic doesn't necessarily = Arab)

I think it depends on the area as well. Obviously it's quite rare for Arabs from the Gulf to marry Jews or Christians simply because there aren't many in the region, although it is getting more common due to the large number of immigrant workers.

Old 05-30-2012, 05:18 AM   #15
Tveabuti

I knew that, but still isn't it more common to be an Arab Muslim than a European Muslim (not just people from Balkan)?

---------- Post added 2012-05-29 at 23:17 ----------

Yes, yes, yes... I really didn't thought about it... but that is why I made a correction.
Even if it's not common, we shouldn't categorised all arabs as muslims .

Old 05-30-2012, 05:19 AM   #16
www.forumsovetov.ru

Even if it's not common, we shouldn't categorised all arabs as muslims .
Yes, but I am not doing that. So let's stick to the topic.

Old 05-30-2012, 05:20 AM   #17
Edifsdubs

I thought there was a slight Sephardic majority, no? (Yes I realise Sephardic doesn't necessarily = Arab)
Sephardim aren't Arab, nor are Mizrahim (except Yemenis) for that matter...

Old 05-30-2012, 05:21 AM   #18
primaveraloler

i would date an arab girl... i dont know if her family would have a problem with it but if she doesnt then thats all that matters

Old 05-30-2012, 05:21 AM   #19
Lunims

Yes, but I am not doing that. So let's stick to the topic.
Have you already met those kind of couples ?

Old 05-30-2012, 05:22 AM   #20
Emedgella

Sephardim aren't Arab, nor are Mizrahim (except Yemenis) for that matter...
Hm, perhaps I shouldn't lump Sephardim with the non-Europeans Jews then...

Reply to Thread New Thread