LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 03-30-2012, 06:15 AM   #1
wrbwrbwrb

Default Is Luis Suarez white?
Well is he according to your idea of white? Look him up, the footballer I mean. I haven't posted his pic

Old 03-30-2012, 06:20 AM   #2
User-Luser

Well he looks mixed.That is the man that made a racist remark to the other player.

Old 03-30-2012, 06:21 AM   #3
bloriMal

I think Indian blood is clearly visible:

Old 03-30-2012, 06:25 AM   #4
xIuvyAuT

Mestizo for sure.

Old 03-30-2012, 06:26 AM   #5
qd0vhq4f

Yeah that's him. I would have thought that was the obvious perception of him, mixed. But read all the commentary about his racist remark, and it's all about how a 'white' man said so and so to a 'black' man. I guess this must be the easiest way to up your status to 'white', when you are a bit ambiguous. Diss some one darker, and all of a sudden Europeans think you are on their side of the racial power divide, and so do 'non-whites' too, talking about how you are suddenly the oppressor. lol

Old 03-30-2012, 06:28 AM   #6
irrawnWab

Even if he was Europid cranofacially he wouldn't be White, as his skin and hair are dark as mud.

Old 03-30-2012, 06:28 AM   #7
effenseshoora

Yeah that's him. I would have thought that was the obvious perception of him, mixed. But read all the commentary about his racist remark, and it's all about how a 'white' man said so and so to a 'black' man. I guess this must be the easiest way to up your status to 'white', when you are a bit ambiguous. Diss some one darker, and all of a sudden Europeans thinks you are on their side of the racial power divide, and so do 'non-whites' too, talking about how you are suddenly the oppressor. lol
That's because the standard of what constitutes a white person is very flexible in "Latin America". Uruguay is no exception. Neither is Argentina.

Old 03-30-2012, 06:29 AM   #8
RalfDweflywex

I don't think Suarez had any intention of climbing racial ladder. It was just him being Latino hater of Blacks. Not something uncommon, you know

Old 03-30-2012, 06:30 AM   #9
Immonnaornach

Hehe I initially thought the same, but then I caught myself how much this thinking is 'white- centric'.
I mean, anyone can be racist- white to black, asian to black etc- so the fact whether he is white or not is pretty ireelevant actually- he is of different 'race' than Evra, so it was racism.

Old 03-30-2012, 06:30 AM   #10
AgJ5mNXM

Mestizo for sure.
I would have thought so without doubt lol

Old 03-30-2012, 06:31 AM   #11
Kotyara

I don't think Suarez had any intention of climbing racial ladder. It was just him being Latino hater of Blacks. Not something uncommon, you know
Yes I thought right the same

Old 03-30-2012, 06:41 AM   #12
joeyCanada

Hehe I initially thought the same, but then I caught myself how much this thinking is 'white- centric'.
I mean, anyone can be racist- white to black, asian to black etc- so the fact whether he is white or not is pretty ireelevant actually- he is of different 'race' than Evra, so it was racism.
NO, this is a myth that has to stop, and I see you are mixed race so you have to understand it. Racism is based on power. As such only those classified as white in our current global system truly have the power to be racist against those who aren't classified as 'white'. People who aren't classified as white simply can't be racist in tbe same way. A mixed race South American being racist to a black African is kind of impotent, if that's the right way to put it, they just don't have the global social power to back it up. I'm not saying this is right, I am just saying there is a clear hierarchy in place right now, and it is pure Europeans against non-pure European or any one else. It might well change in the future, but right now that is what most people understand, and that is why the Luis Suarez case is weird. Except that Europeans (whites) are always liable to accept others to their fold when it suits, if it's in their interest, I guess that's what happening now, with slightly ambiguous South Americans. Maybe...?

Old 03-30-2012, 06:44 AM   #13
ovH9wfSJ

1 black grandfather

Old 03-30-2012, 06:44 AM   #14
arrendabomnem

What did he say?
I think the forum attracts some people far removed from reality. In real life, people discriminate each other regardless of being 'white' or 'non-white'. On forums it seems some posters have this idea that there are sometype of 'alliances' based on ancestry or non-whiteness, etc.

Old 03-30-2012, 06:51 AM   #15
hiedeemom

Well he looks mixed.That is the man that made a racist remark to the other player.
I meant to say he looks mixed so no not white.I am not sure what he said exactly it was on the news over here a few times saying he had made some racist remarks during a match.

Old 03-30-2012, 06:56 AM   #16
Fgunehjf

Probably subconsciously he did want to climb socially. He would have known he was appealing to a European audience.

Old 03-30-2012, 07:05 AM   #17
kimaddison

Probably subconsciously he did want to climb socially. He would have known he was appealing to a European audience.
He doesn't hate Negritos it's just ine England and America we have become far to PC and hyper sensitive, negrito is not an offensive word in Latin America.

it was more lost in translation than anything.

anyway he is 1/4 negro himslef

Old 03-30-2012, 07:18 AM   #18
logpogingg

>>That's because the standard of what constitutes a white person is very flexible in "Latin America". Uruguay is no exception. Neither is Argentina.

Old 03-30-2012, 07:20 AM   #19
77rexulceme

anyway he is 1/4 negro himslef
How do you know this? Can you provide proof? I'm not saying it's unlikely, but I just want to make sure.

---------- Post added 2012-03-29 at 19:22 ----------

[quote]>>That's because the standard of what constitutes a white person is very flexible in "Latin America". Uruguay is no exception. Neither is Argentina.

Old 03-30-2012, 07:32 AM   #20
zabiqapara

How do you know this? Can you provide proof? I'm not saying it's unlikely, but I just want to make sure.

---------- Post added 2012-03-29 at 19:22 ----------

That's interesting. I wouldn't think Brits would consider Luis Suárez a white man.
No neither would I, but read the commentary and they seem to. That's what I mean, has he elevated himself to 'white' status simply by being a racist idiot?

Reply to Thread New Thread