LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 01-24-2012, 11:42 PM   #1
dupratac

Default White/Mestizo/Afro/Indigenous/Mulato Salvadorians
Hello, just wanted to add a discussion. I'm from El Salvador and I can tell you that El Salvador is probably the most Mestizo country you can find in Latin America...I don't know where you guys are getting your statistics but I know that 90% of Salvadorians are mestizo, 10% can probably claim to be white...with mixtures in them already. The Mestizo population is composed of mostly European, Arab (Palestinian), indigenous and African. Salvadorians don't look the same...well maybe depending to region but where I'm from you will find a variety of mixtures and people look apart from each other...growing up I had friends that we call "cheles" or white...very white looking, red hair, blonde hair, brown hair, arab looking, Afro looking, Indio looking and mestizo, of course every generation that goes by they are becoming more mix. The African ancestry is probably mostly diluted...but the Mulato presents still exist...(me being one of them). My family is mostly white mestizo looking and by that I mean light skin mestizos with different shades of skin colors, hair colors and eye colors. In my family you will find blondes to dark skin curly hair people like me or white looking with curly hair...we are not obsess with race like some of you guys are in this forum but I do think is always good to know your ancestry…...Now a day’s natural selection takes place more often than arrange marriages like before...Salvadorians marry who we think is attractive we don’t get obsess with Skin color.

For the Mulato looking Salvadorians the closes Afro looking Salvadorians you will find are located in El Oriente or far East of the county... Usulutan, San Miguel..with Sonsonate being the cradle for the African ancestry... going back to the 1600 hundreds, when approximately more than 10,000 slave were brought to the country by the Spaniards. They represented the majority in some communities including San Salvador when in 1700 hundreds, records indicate of a slave uprising...the leaders at the time decided Not to bring anymore Africans into the country and later in the 1900's it became the law in the efforts to reduce the indigenous and African mixtures. Europeans were encourage to move to Latin American to include El Salvador, Mexico, Dominican Republic, Venezuela, Brazil etc.. in efforts by leaders at the time to whitening the population of Latin america..

And please Stop writing bad about the Indigenous people…they are people who are the most trustworthy people in the world and I think every Hispanic that lives in Latin America has some indigenous in them…why we have to be ashamed of that?? For centuries they have been attacked and discriminated to extension…why so much hate..why be embarrassed of having Indian blood?? I’m proud of my roots and I loved all my ancestors to include the Indian Pipil…why not. The casta system doesn’t exist anymore and arguments of who has more Indigenous features should not exist in 2012… Lets be proud of our ancestry people!! ( STOP THE HATE TOURS INDIGINEOS PEOPLE)

Old 01-27-2012, 12:36 AM   #2
KirillAristov

Check this Video out about the African ancestry of El Salvador

El Salvador Negros, africanos, Mulatos Link below from real((( Historians )))...This will explain the dark skin of Salvadorians and different mixture and the whitening of the population:

Old 02-19-2012, 11:31 PM   #3
markshome23

Checked the video out Vico. I've also read the comments on the YT video. I agree El Salvador probably does not have "mulatos" but AfroMestizos. It's very hard to be a Salvadorean of any type and not have some Indigenous blood. BTW there's someone on there saying Nica got more Afro people than Panama and Belize, never heard of that.

Reply to Thread New Thread