LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 10-22-2011, 05:24 AM   #1
Grieryaliny

Default The Swiss to ban immigration.
A FAR-right party heading for a record margin of victory in general elections on Sunday has announced plans to turn Switzerland into an immigrant-free bastion.

The rest of the continent should follow suit.

Old 10-22-2011, 05:31 AM   #2
Smeaphvalialm

This is great news hopefully its the beginning for more countries to step up and ban immigration its only a matter of time until they wake up to the devastation.

Old 10-22-2011, 05:39 AM   #3
Phlkxkbh

An 'immigrant-free bastion' isn't realistic. They could limit the in-flow of 'new immigration' a lot more, however and I'm all for that. Well, immigration laws could be as strict as in Denmark or Canada, or even stricter.

Old 10-22-2011, 05:40 AM   #4
GrileVege

Is it like France where mostly poor and countryside people vote (and thus skew the numbers for Le Pen, making it larger just because the other people don't vote), or is this a representation of the majority of Swiss people?

how can Canada be strict when they have like 20 % foreign-born legal immigrants in the country?

Old 10-22-2011, 05:42 AM   #5
Xodvbooj

how can Canada be strict when they have like 20 % foreign-born legal immigrants in the country?
Well, I live in Belgium and it's ridiculous how easy you can get our nationality. You don't even have to speak one national language.

Old 10-22-2011, 05:42 AM   #6
aaaaaaaabbbby

Is it like France where mostly poor and countryside people vote (and thus skew the numbers for Le Pen, making it larger just because the other people don't vote), or is this a representation of the majority of Swiss people?
It represents the German speakers opinion, but not the French and Italians. The German speakers are more conservative than the more liberal French speakers, AFAIK.

Old 10-22-2011, 05:43 AM   #7
ElegeExcest

Well, I live in Belgium and it's ridiculous how easy you can get our nationality. You don't even have to speak one national language.
It's the same here. Or at least was the last time I checked.

Old 10-22-2011, 05:44 AM   #8
dr-eavealer

Denmark had the most liberal asylum/family reunification laws in Europe until they started to tighten it in 2001.

Every country can change.

How is Belgium heading?

---------- Post added 2011-10-21 at 21:48 ----------

It's the same here. Or at least was the last time I checked.
One local social democrat mayor wants to expell Swedish citizens if they are comitting crime.

How is that in Belgium?

Old 10-22-2011, 05:56 AM   #9
lidya-sggf

I don't know. Our media hardly talk about this (we don't have good newspapers, in my opinion). All I know is that they made it ridiculously easy since 2000 in what people in the Dutch-speaking part mockingly call 'Snel-Belg-wet' ('Belgian-in-an-instant' law).
We all know it's because of 'politics' that they decided this.
They are talking about tightening our naturalisation laws again. They seemed to have agreed on more possibilities to deprive someone of his Belgian nationality and raise the bar higher to naturalise (one has to integrate). I don't know exact details and how much of it is in power.

Old 10-22-2011, 06:12 AM   #10
accelieda

imo banning immigration is not the solution, controlling immigration is.

Old 10-22-2011, 06:15 AM   #11
beckercpa

Oh boy this is going to be interesting!

Old 10-22-2011, 11:37 AM   #12
_tppga_

This sort of thing would never fly in Canada. The media makes damn sure to associate even the slightest backlash against mass immigration with racism. With all of the new immigrants in the country, it only makes sense for the major political parties to appease them and allow more immigration.

Old 10-22-2011, 11:44 AM   #13
DongoSab

Canada is strict in a different sense. We don't just allow anyone and their dog in. They have to be competent enough, healthy enough, and have no criminal record.

Old 10-22-2011, 11:52 AM   #14
Pwy9egVW

Canada is strict in a different sense. We don't just allow anyone and their dog in. They have to be competent enough, healthy enough, and have no criminal record.
Do they have to be proficient in hockey?

Old 10-22-2011, 11:53 AM   #15
gSjQEEmq

Do they have to be proficient in hockey?
We're good enough at hockey. I think we need to import people from soccer countries. Our soccer team sucks.

Old 10-22-2011, 11:55 AM   #16
18holesin

We're good enough at hockey. I think we need to import people from soccer countries. Our soccer team sucks.
How about lacrosse?

Old 10-22-2011, 11:57 AM   #17
Fiesialenp

How about lacrosse?
I don't care about Lacrosse.

But hell, we did import our rugby team, pretty much. I'm not really into rugby but when I read the roster I was like "Wait, is this Canada or South Africa?"

I have a degree in Canadian history, but I never learned about Canada's Boers.

Old 10-22-2011, 11:59 AM   #18
rbVmVlQ2

I don't care about Lacrosse.

But hell, we did import our rugby team, pretty much. I'm not really into rugby but when I read the roster I was like "Wait, is this Canada or South Africa?"
Lacrosse was a invented by the Amerindians in New York. Now it's a world sport.

Old 10-22-2011, 12:22 PM   #19
urbalatte

Anyways, back on topic. If the Swiss democratically vote this way, there is nothing we can do about it. It'd be hypocritical, considering people are always touting how great democracy is.

Old 10-22-2011, 12:25 PM   #20
Kimmitmelvirm

DAMN, that seemed like always a good second choice when USA explodes, but honestly...

I really thought Denmark would beat them to this, they closed down their borders this year to free migration.. but I would really like to see this in countries like Italy and France which are becoming unabalanced.

Reply to Thread New Thread