LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 06-01-2011, 08:02 AM   #1
warrgazur

Default Do you want all the races to mix/blend into one?
I personally would not want to see this happen.

Old 06-01-2011, 08:11 AM   #2
EmxATW5m

I prefer my humanity from the bottom up and slightly downward.

Old 06-01-2011, 08:14 AM   #3
WournGona

The only context I can think of at the moment in which I would be in favor of the merging and normalization of all the various human groups on Earth is if we encountered other non-hominid sentient species. It would seem to me to put humanity in a better position to compete with the aforementioned species for resources and territory.

Old 06-01-2011, 08:18 AM   #4
23InetrySypekek

The only context I can think of at the moment in which I would be in favor of the merging and normalization of all the various human groups on Earth is if we encountered other non-hominid sentient species. It would seem to me to put humanity in a better position to compete with the aforementioned species for resources and territory.
Aye. We need to be united as Humans when the aliens come. Until then it'd be boring not to have "others" to fight with.

Old 06-01-2011, 08:38 AM   #5
Nopayof

I don't think it's something that needs to happen but I don't mind it at all. Realistically though the world will never become completely homogeneous, people paint Brazil as the 'future look' of the Western world but Brazil is far from homogenous

Old 06-01-2011, 08:43 AM   #6
FliveGell

I don't think it's something that needs to happen but I don't mind it at all. Realistically though the world will never become completely homogeneous, people paint Brazil as the 'future look' of the Western world but Brazil is far from homogenous
That makes sense because Brasil still has somewhat of a caste system, doesn't it? Lighter skinned folks marry other lighter skinned folks, and people seek out their mates based on shared ancestry. I read that in Latin America in general, people seek out partners based on similar ancestry. Castizos will mate with other castizos, octoroons with other octoroons, whites with other whites, ect.

Old 06-01-2011, 08:46 AM   #7
corriffuniee

I guess that shows that some sort of differences between people will always exist regardless everyone mixes, race mixing is neither necessary for the world nor is it wrong for the world, although I don't agree with how you portray Latin America.

Old 06-01-2011, 08:48 AM   #8
bmwservis

I guess that shows that some sort of differences between people will always exist regardless everyone mixes, although I don't agree with how you portray Latin America.
People in general are drawn to other people with a similar ethnic background, it's how we all chose our mates subconsciously. There have been studies done on this.

It's more pronounced in Latin America because people there have more obvious mixes of race and ethnicity.

Old 06-01-2011, 09:21 AM   #9
thakitt

I don't see this scenario happening, the world is too big. About the aliens, if they came here i think all humans would unite and racism would decrease.

Old 06-01-2011, 10:40 AM   #10
hHwJ229h

I don't see this scenario happening, the world is too big. About the aliens, if they came here i think all humans would unite and racism would decrease.
Attachment 85617 Attachment 85618 Attachment 85619

Sorry If the Aliens look like this, i will join the enemy.

Old 06-01-2011, 10:44 AM   #11
freeprescriptionplanrrx

I put I really don't care. because I don't..

But maybe another more honest option should be added for some pepple.

"MY race is beautiful and superior and should be preserved."

Old 06-01-2011, 10:49 AM   #12
dasneycomrov

^ take out superior and I agree.

I think it would be a real shame to lose our valuable genetic diversity.

Old 06-01-2011, 10:49 AM   #13
jackie Obrian

You sound like that guy with the little moustache and the emo haircut, maybe you know him, IIRC he did something for the Jews.

Old 06-01-2011, 10:56 AM   #14
vipbunter

I like that there are so many different human phenotypes and morphological variations between different ethnic groups. It keeps things interesting. So long as we don't go around putting down other people because of those differences.

Old 06-01-2011, 05:13 PM   #15
sesIgnose

" is beautiful and superior "
Very Jewish in your l critical pairings.

Old 06-01-2011, 06:37 PM   #16
Phighicle

A big NO!!!!

Old 06-01-2011, 06:45 PM   #17
orbidewa

Aye. We need to be united as Humans when the aliens come. Until then it'd be boring not to have "others" to fight with.
Race mixing into one will only make this world a more boring place to live. There will be no variation and that isn't a very good thing. I am against it.

However, the only stand out reason in my opinion where such race mixing would be good is for our own planetary protection against an alien attack as you and others here have rightfully put it :We could be so good looking and so strong and so cool, that the moment these aliens enter into our atmosphere, they'll start to feel their own racial self hatred come up against them. They will have a hard time trying to come to terms with their state of ugly, and even start to hate each other. (Who knows, they may even start to kill one another and abort their own babies).

I would also like to mention the massive physicality that we will have over them. These aliens wouldn't want to mess with us if we become so phenotypically and genetically superior just like this bloke.

Old 06-01-2011, 06:48 PM   #18
career-builder

It's not only not ideal but it's impossible to achieve because of the likelihood of unpredictable gene mutations and the evolution of selective processes which have at no time been precisely uniform across any comparative group in history.

Old 06-01-2011, 06:54 PM   #19
FredderiK

I'm not racist, but I would prefer ethnicities/races remains preserved at some degree. I mean it's a biological legacy of the human species.

Personally I would only mix with caucasoids (some Europeans and Mideasterners) as those are the ones I'm attracted to. I don't care if some individuals chose to mix though...

Old 06-01-2011, 09:02 PM   #20
NikkitaZ

Attachment 85617

Sorry If the Aliens look like this, i will join the enemy.
Counselor Deanna Troi is only half Betazoid. Other part is human.

And no, if everyone looked the same, the world would be boring.

Reply to Thread New Thread