LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 02-01-2011, 06:59 PM   #1
finnmontserrat

Default Romania and its huge Gypsy problem
Romania has long been a paradise/haven for Gypsies. Gypsies are as accumulated to the land as the natives themselves. Romania is known throughout the world as country with a large and also very problematic Gypsy population, and stereotyped in many ways.

Some even go as far as to equate Romanian to Gypsy. While I don't agree with it, there is a reason why people think that way. What do you think about Romanian's problem with Gypsies and their problematic status in Romanian society? What can be done about it?

Typical Romanian-Gypsy culture:

Roma (Gypsies) at a festival in Switzerland:

Gypsies and the EU:

Gypsies commit rape against a 12 year old girl in Slovenia:

There are quite a few Gypsy posters on this forum, and many of them are also Romanian. Hopefully they can explain this situation.

Old 02-01-2011, 07:00 PM   #2
TughEmotteTug

There are quite a few Gypsy posters on this forum, and many of them are also Romanian. Hopefully they can explain this situation.
Where? I don't know of any.

Old 02-01-2011, 07:02 PM   #3
Ganoshenko

Where? I don't know of any.
You might not, but I do. Trust me on that.

Old 02-01-2011, 07:03 PM   #4
enencephoth

I've never had any reason to squabble with you Helios but lately you've been very confrontational. Why?

Old 02-01-2011, 07:04 PM   #5
dosyrotsbop

How so?

Old 02-01-2011, 07:07 PM   #6
Fiesialenp

If at least they stayed in Romania, it'd not to be a big deal. But take a look at German and Austrian cities these days. Oh !!

Old 02-01-2011, 08:00 PM   #7
Zebrabitch

The only gypsy that I know of is Inquiring Mind, and he's serbian and doesn't post here anymore.

Old 02-01-2011, 09:45 PM   #8
yarita

A bit off subject, do you know any famous Gypsie people in the world, like artists or painters or politicians etc.

I know a band called Gypsy Kings, they come from Spain I think, quite good music.

Can you share any more?

---------- Post added 2011-02-01 at 14:53 ----------

Ive just found that Charile's Chaplin grandma was half- Roma, which the fact was "a skeleton in the cupboard).

Old 02-01-2011, 10:08 PM   #9
DoterrFor

If at least they stayed in Romania, it'd not to be a big deal. But take a look at German and Austrian cities these days. Oh !!
Why should they stay here? they aren't natives,and didn't integrate for the very large part. I wish them well in the rich countries like France and Germany or Finland,that contribute to the EU budget with money from their parasitic firms in Eastern Europe.

Old 02-01-2011, 10:11 PM   #10
dmoiknlasd

Gypsy with a PC?
Something new for me

Old 02-01-2011, 10:14 PM   #11
IteseFrusty

A bit off subject, do you know any famous Gypsie people in the world, like artists or painters or politicians etc.

I know a band called Gypsy Kings, they come from Spain I think, quite good music.

Can you share any more?[COLOR="Silver"]
Django Reinhardt

Old 02-01-2011, 10:15 PM   #12
eocavrWM

So who are these Romanian gypsy posters? I've got to go to work now, but I will revisit this topic, in length, when I get home.

Old 02-02-2011, 12:07 AM   #13
Keyblctt

Yeah, it's quite common around here to associate Gypsies and Romanians. My dad tried telling me I was part Gypsy through my mother's side (Romanian), so I sent the whole car ride home explaining to him that Gypsies originally came from India, and not Romania. I'm just glad he's informed now. I also had a similar situation with my uncle as well...

Old 02-02-2011, 12:28 AM   #14
NanoKakadze

It is funny how they pretend to be crippled when begging. Always makes me laugh

Old 02-02-2011, 01:56 AM   #15
HilaryNidierer

Yeah, it's quite common around here to associate Gypsies and Romanians. My dad tried telling me I was part Gypsy through my mother's side (Romanian), so I sent the whole car ride home explaining to him that Gypsies originally came from India, and not Romania. I'm just glad he's informed now. I also had a similar situation with my uncle as well...
America uber alles. But your dad is the best,if he really believed that,it means he also believed he slept with a gypsy... Are you sure they weren't trolling you? I had a turkish origin friend,with a weird name,and his mother trolled him about being gypsy,although he isn't but I think he's still paranoid about that...

Old 02-02-2011, 02:10 AM   #16
Hftqdxpm

America uber alles. But your dad is the best,if he really believed that,it means he also believed he slept with a gypsy... Are you sure they weren't trolling you? I had a turkish origin friend,with a weird name,and his mother trolled him about being gypsy,although he isn't but I think he's still paranoid about that...
I think they were probably trolling, and even if they weren't my dad doesn't care too much about ethnicity when it comes to that...

And, what's uber alles mean again? It's been years since I took German, and I don't trust online translators.

Old 02-02-2011, 02:18 AM   #17
Drugmachine

I think they were probably trolling, and even if they weren't my dad doesn't care too much about ethnicity when it comes to that...

And, what's uber alles mean again? It's been years since I took German, and I don't trust online translators.
Yeah,I was sure they were trolling,dunno why but trolling with accusing someone of being a gypsy is popular,I even seen this in the movie Godfather 2 where Fredo was having butthurt about this and Mike reasured him that he isn't a gypsy like their mother said.
I said "uber alles" with the intention of "best of the best"(I think germans use it so too) but in german it means "above all". Btw I only know some german words,I can't speak german.

Old 02-02-2011, 02:39 AM   #18
boanuatiguali

i was always under the impresssion that my mothers family had gypsies in them.im not 100% sure though...seems everyone hates them here though.and if the people who i suspect are gypsies really are,i can kinda understand.they were horrible people hahah.my grandmother said they were just completely crazy and mean.

idk though...they fit the stereotype of them quite well though..

Old 02-02-2011, 06:54 AM   #19
MatueHarton

10.000 years of marxism-leninism in Romania were unable to convert the gypsies to 'normal people'.
And I'm sure they would have remained unchanged under the spanish inquisition or Mao's cultural revolution.
They are like the cockroach, they resist everything... they will inherit the earth... congratulations.

Old 02-02-2011, 07:01 AM   #20
tLO0hFNy

Here's a good question, how come the Gypsies of Armenia were able to integrate to Armenian society and become actual Armenian citizens while the Gypsies of other places were not? Better yet how come there are no Gypsy troubles in America yet it's so bad in Europe? When I watch a video like this, I find them to be wonderful people:

Something tells me the areas they're bad in, it's not completely their own doing.

Reply to Thread New Thread