LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 07-19-2010, 09:48 AM   #1
Yinekol

Default Why are blacks seen as less intelligent?
I don't know if this is the right section, but why does society view blacks, maybe the term black isn't good, but I find that a bit tricky, as less intelligent?

Is there any scientific research done regarding this subject?

Someone I know once said, Africa is one of the richest contents, if it was rules by a white man Africa wouldn't suffer in the way it does.

I honestly don't like statements like these. Maybe this is a touchy subject, but I'm curious, what's your thought on this subject?

Old 07-19-2010, 09:53 AM   #2
parurorges

I don't mean to shut you down - but there are already threads here that have beaten this topic to death and the netherworld. No need to have started a new one.

I can see this going topic going down the toilet, as usual.

Old 07-19-2010, 09:56 AM   #3
southernplayer99

I personally know some very intelligent blacks and some very stupid whites. It all has to do with the environment they grew up in.

Old 07-19-2010, 09:59 AM   #4
Juersdodfs

I don't mean to shut you down - but there are already threads here that have beaten this topic to death and the netherworld. No need to have started a new one.

I can see this going topic going down the toilet, as usual.
My bad. I'll look them up then! I just wonder why, because there are intelligent ones. I personally think there are intelligent and less intelligent people in every racial group.

I just want to know why blacks have been labeled this way. And on which grounds what people base this statement.

Old 07-19-2010, 10:06 AM   #5
Adiamant

I honestly don't like statements like these.
No offense, but saying that blacks can't be less intelligent than whites, because if it were so it would be upsetting is basically a reverse naturalistic fallacy.

Old 07-19-2010, 10:19 AM   #6
WournGona

No offense, but saying that blacks can't be less intelligent than whites, because if it were so it would be upsetting is basically a reverse naturalistic fallacy.
That's not what I meant. This person was generalizing and doesn't like blacks. And honestly I don't have the knowledge to discuss on it. But I was wondering what other members here thought of it. And you have a point, but I want to know what others think of this.

Old 07-19-2010, 10:25 AM   #7
Peapeuddedbaw

That's not what I meant. This person was generalizing and doesn't like blacks. And honestly I don't have the knowledge to discuss on it. But I was wondering what other members here thought of it. And you have a point, but I want to know what others think of this.
OK, I understand. It might be helpful for you to check out the Wikipedia entry for the book IQ and Global Inequality.

Old 07-19-2010, 11:20 AM   #8
Arexytece

i think it depends in the enviorment where they grow up in, black americans always try to follow the ganstaaa, guetto, tough lifestyle.(and i think they lose lots of braincells, smoking crap) and black latinamericans are not very different from us, other latinamericans. And real africans they are nice people

Old 07-19-2010, 11:40 AM   #9
MAKEMONEY

The invention of the pedestal:

Old 07-19-2010, 12:23 PM   #10
reachmanxx

i think it depends in the enviorment where they grow up in, black americans always try to follow the ganstaaa, guetto, tough lifestyle.(and i think they lose lots of braincells, smoking crap) and black latinamericans are not very different from us, other latinamericans. And real africans they are nice people

yes, BET, lil Wayne, The Wire and VHI reality shows sum up all black American and AA cultures and environments
what a stupid comment
black Americans aren't much different from whites Americans... all 'races' in the US have diversity running the gamut

fyi - 1/5 or less of black Americans are even part of the urban lower classes, much less part of any 'hood'/'ghetto' lifestyles or subcultures

Old 07-19-2010, 12:48 PM   #11
PaulCameron

There are more dumb white people in America than there are dumb black people.

Imbred redneck trailer trash, for example. I'd support eugenics, but most of them vote for the appropriate candidates and offset the dumb black vote.

The answer is almost entirely cultural. Jews and Asians came here with very little and made something of themselves because that's just what their people do. Much of the recent blame can be placed on school integration. Black performance in public schools has dropped considerably since Brown v. Board of Education.

Old 07-20-2010, 02:22 AM   #12
secondmertg

There are more dumb white people in America than there are dumb black people.

Imbred redneck trailer trash, for example. I'd support eugenics, but most of them vote for the appropriate candidates and offset the dumb black vote.

The answer is almost entirely cultural. Jews and Asians came here with very little and made something of themselves because that's just what their people do. Much of the recent blame can be placed on school integration. Black performance in public schools has dropped considerably since Brown v. Board of Education.
There's many smart people found in blacks. no doubt about it.
Climate and even the diet have affected the thinking process of different ethnic groups. Higher I.Q levels than Caucasian are found amongst East-Asians because of their diet, fish is a powerful supplement for the brain (very obvious). Cold weather as in Caucasians also helped out in that process. In the other hand Caucasians have a thinking process that enables them to think forward in time, to plan ahead. This was caused by the glaciation period in Europe. For instance one might have to plan what foods to preserve for the next harsh winter, what types of shacks to build, and what to hunt, as well as where will be the next best place to travel and settle.

Old 07-20-2010, 03:16 AM   #13
Cheaperisdeeper

i think it depends on culture and the opportunities of these blacks that allow them to fulfill their intellectual desire there are lots of excellent black physics professors, scientists and historians.
Hell my own pinoy countrymen is even inferior if u compare them to blacks we don't have a good scientist or historians or anyone that contributed to anything intellectual or scientific. lol Maybe because our culture revolves around boxers, dancers, showbiz, actors and politics the mainstream is uninterested to venture deep into science and focus on other higher learnings.

Old 07-20-2010, 03:22 AM   #14
Ztcgtqvb

Someone I know once said, Africa is one of the richest contents, if it was rules by a white man Africa wouldn't suffer in the way it does.
Africa's biggest problem is its population boom the last 50 years. The countries can't sustain their numbers.

The key is to adjust the population number in accordance to the economical needs, if done properly then the populations would be much better off. It is not about intelligence or leadership, they have it, but they can't sustain it so many intelligent and skillful Africans migrate to other countries.

Old 07-20-2010, 03:39 AM   #15
ufUUZCnc

Africa's biggest problem is its population boom the last 50 years. The countries can't sustain their numbers.

The key is to adjust the population number in accordance to the economical needs, if done properly then the populations would be much better off. It is not about intelligence or leadership, they have it, but they can't sustain it so many intelligent and skillful Africans migrate to other countries.
Women are the priority group to get education as they are the ones who run the house in most parts, so with an education they'll have better payable jobs, and less time to raise kids, causing smaller families (the #1 one solution to reduce the overwhelming growth rate in sub-sahara africa). I have notice also that the mindset in people in Africa is of a very pessimistic one, laid back. Reason for that is basically centuries past centuries of corrupt governments, wars, slavery, hunger, famine are the cause of this. There's has to be some sort of motivation for all in that region. monetary equality, and a decrease in the gap between rich and poor will boost the middle class, that will enable to feed millions of new kids bought into that new rebuilt economic class, more nutrients will surely boosts that child's ability to compute and do work, be stronger, and not skinny where in most horrific cases you can even see his/hers bones.

The bottom point is, that greedy leadership way of thinking needs to end so it can lead the way into a better democratic region. Religious conservationism couldn't also be forgotten , education will eradicate the bond between the state- and religion, they can't never be mixed because it only bring religious wars and unrest, and limits the future generations minds.

Old 07-20-2010, 04:38 AM   #16
yQvpyNt3

Africans created civilizations millenia before europeans and asiatics.

The oldest statues depicting the human face, the Sphinx of Egypt and the Olmec head sculptures of the Americas represent the negroid race.

Many of the very greatest icons of europe had african ancestry, from Socrates to Beethoven to Pushkin (the father of the modern russian language, considered the Shakespeare of RUSSIA), to Alexander Dumas (the most popular writer in French)......

---------- Post added 2010-07-19 at 10:39 ----------

Also Einstein's mother looks part african....

Old 07-21-2010, 04:16 AM   #17
maks_holi

Africans created civilizations millenia before europeans and asiatics.

The oldest statues depicting the human face, the Sphinx of Egypt and the Olmec head sculptures of the Americas represent the negroid race.

Many of the very greatest icons of europe had african ancestry, from Socrates to Beethoven to Pushkin (the father of the modern russian language, considered the Shakespeare of RUSSIA), to Alexander Dumas (the most popular writer in French)......

---------- Post added 2010-07-19 at 10:39 ----------

Also Einstein's mother looks part african....
You're a dumb idiot. So where did that Negroid race in the Americas go? You don't sound like an Indocentrist to me. You sound like a dumb cholito selling his ass to niggers.

And Socrates??!?! WTFF.

You should shove up all these imaginary black celebrities up your rack, asshole.

Old 07-21-2010, 05:13 AM   #18
OlegSan

blame hollywood I think there are smart blacks and dumb blacks

Old 07-21-2010, 05:49 AM   #19
foodselfdourileka

What the fuck do you know about black Americans besides a tv movie?

Here is how black Americans live in the U.S., do they seem ghetto to you?

Black Americans do far better than any blacks in Latin America, who are only on TV cleaning some light skin Mestizos toilet or singing a damn song..

0.7 million (as of July 2007). Source: U.S. Census Bureau

Percent of U.S. population (as of July 2007): 13.5%. Source: U.S. Census Bureau

Education: Among blacks ages 25 and older, 82% have at least a high school diploma (as of July 2007). Source: U.S. Census Bureau. Vs. 14% in 1950.

Among blacks ages 25 and older, 19% have a bachelor's degree or higher (as of July 2007). Source: U.S. Census Bureau. Vs. 2% in 1950.

1.2 million blacks have advanced degrees (master's, doctorate, medical, law). 2.9% of total black population (as of July 2007). Source: U.S. Census Bureau.

Blacks received 12.4% of the baccalaureates in computer and information sciences awarded by U.S. colleges and universities in 2005-06, nearly equal to the percentage of blacks in the U.S. population (12.8%). Source: National Center for Education Statistics

Immigration: African immigrants: 880,000. They are more likely to have a college degree (43.8% do) than the U.S. population as a whole (23.1%). Source: U.S. Census Bureau http://www.bookerrising.net/2010/02/...on-eve-of.html

Employment: A plural majority (26.9 percent) of black Americans work as managers or professionals. 26.6 percent are in sales and office occupations, 24.2% are in service occupations, and 15.9 percent are in production/transportation/moving occupations.

The vast majority of black employees (76.2 percent) work in the private sector, while 20.1 percent work for the government (federal, state, or local). Only 3.6 percent of blacks own a business.

The top sector for black employees is education, health care, and social services (27.6 percent). Retail trade (10.9 percent) and manufacturing (9.7 percent) round out the top three sectors for black American employees.

Money: The annual median income of black households in 2008 is $34,218, a decline of 2.8 percent (in 2008 constant dollars) from 2007. Black median family income was just over $41,000 in 2008. Both figures are the lowest of any racial group in USA. A single black woman with children earned a median annual income of $25,958, and more than 40 percent of black single-mom families are poor. However, the median income for black married households is $65,169.

79.6 percent of black Americans earn money through their labor or business. Some 23.1 percent rely upon Social Security income, 7 percent on SSI, 4.8 percent on cash welfare, and 14.5 percent on their own retirement income. Some 19.6 of black Americans receive food stamps.

Military: There are 2.3 million black military veterans in the U.S. More military veterans are black than any other racial minority group. https://www.forumbiodiversity.com/sh...46&postcount=1

The fact that you stereotype 40 million people as some type of ghetto thugs based on some mass media bullshit tells me you are definitely not very bright.

There is no black population on earth that is more educated and wealthy than African Americans, and the vast majority are not cleaning toilets, singing songs, and dancing for a living either.

Old 07-21-2010, 07:09 AM   #20
karkinadze

What the fuck do you know about black Americans besides a tv movie?

Here is how black Americans live in the U.S., do they seem ghetto to you?

Black Americans do far better than any blacks in Latin America, who are only on TV cleaning some light skin Mestizos toilet or singing a damn song..

http://www.bookerrising.net/2010/02/...on-eve-of.html

https://www.forumbiodiversity.com/sh...46&postcount=1

The fact that you stereotype 40 million people as some type of ghetto thugs based on some mass media bullshit tells me you are definitely not very bright.

There is no black population on earth that is more educated and wealthy than African Americans, and the vast majority are not cleaning toilets, singing songs, and dancing for a living either.
I think you are a little bit racist,you should not generalize and say black latins do so or are so...

Reply to Thread New Thread