LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 07-21-2010, 12:45 PM   #1
warrgazur

Default K-Town, the Asian Jersey Shore about to hit MTV or VH1
American R&B singer Tyreses Gibson is producing a new show featuring Asian Americans called "Koreatown." Its drawing a lot of comparisons to MTV's Jersey show and its depiction of Italian Americans. There are mixed reactions to this show amongst the Asian community. Some see it as a way to break old stereotypes of Asian men as feminine and weak and Asian women as submissive. This show will shatter all of those perceptions. Others feel that it will embarrass he entire community feel this will make Asians Americans look even worse. Here is the preview...what do you guys think?

http://www.tmz.com/2010/07/18/jersey...-reality-show/

http://ktownlosangeles.blogspot.com/

Old 07-21-2010, 01:50 PM   #2
MikeGotTalentz

The guys in Ktown look way more muscular and the gals look much hotter than their Italian counterparts in Jersey Shore.

I think it is interesting that an African-American came up with the idea for this show and is producing it. Quite like how America's Best Dance Crew is the creation of another African-American (the judge on American Idol), and interestingly Asian dance crews dominate that show.

I will definitely be watching this show.

Old 07-21-2010, 02:15 PM   #3
gedsiz

Jersey Shore enforced stereotypes, rather than shattering them.

As a Sicilian who lives in New Jersey, I hate Jersey Shore because A) half of them aren't even Italian and B) only one of them is from New Jersey.

K-Town sounds far better.

Old 07-21-2010, 02:27 PM   #4
DariushPetresku

The guys in Ktown look way more muscular and the gals look much hotter than their Italian counterparts in Jersey Shore.

I think it is interesting that an African-American came up with the idea for this show and is producing it. Quite like how America's Best Dance Crew is the creation of another African-American (the judge on American Idol), and interestingly Asian dance crews dominate that show.

I will definitely be watching this show.
I enjoyed Jersey shore and this show looks good too.

Asians dominate those dance shows because it is much easier to do crazy dance moves when you have the body proportions of midgets...it's called physics!

Koreans are the hardest-drinking asians out there and, IMO, the coolest asians too.

A few ass-implants and their girls are actually hot!

Old 07-21-2010, 03:44 PM   #5
psbiuigw

The show doesn't just cater to Korean Americans as the cast also includes Chinese, Vietnamese, and a half-korean half white girl. Only half the cast is Korean. They pick the name Ktown because thats where the young Asian Americans go clubbing and drinking, its not exclusively Korean or Asian for that matter.

Old 07-21-2010, 06:07 PM   #6
Zs3ZASpA

Lee the Situation ololilolilolilol

Old 07-21-2010, 06:21 PM   #7
forexsoft

So when are they going to make a show about Norwegian-Americans in Divide County, North Dakota?
2478195740015286719gHomEE_fs.jpg

Now that would be intresting.

Old 07-21-2010, 06:21 PM   #8
w4HPpbSW

What kind of stereotypes will we see? All Asians know martial arts?

Old 07-21-2010, 08:11 PM   #9
Ruiceara

Tyrese explains his reasoning for producing this tv show

Half way through the video he is interviewed...you know this shit is going to be a steretypical mess...he is just trying to get paid...I don't believe his bullshit for a minute.

Old 09-03-2010, 02:25 AM   #10
Alkanyadela

Lee the Situation ololilolilolilol
or Lee the SituAsian haha

Reply to Thread New Thread