LOGO
Reply to Thread New Thread
Old 06-02-2010, 09:16 AM   #1
preptarra

Default Rashaida video
I think this is one of the first ive seen...

Old 06-02-2010, 07:23 PM   #2
FrereeDoulley

The prevailing element is GracilArabid I believe.

Old 06-02-2010, 09:50 PM   #3
Zpxbawtz

Yeah they seemed to be arabs

Old 06-02-2010, 11:03 PM   #4
Poreponko

^ they are... they are the most recent arab migrants to North east africa and reside along the red sea coasts of Eritrea and Sudan. They came around 1846 because they were expelled out of Saudi arabia due to clan warfare.

Old 06-02-2010, 11:11 PM   #5
Affolfembonge

From the pictures in the wiki link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rashaida_people it seems they have more refined features than other arab groups from SA

Old 06-02-2010, 11:25 PM   #6
Usogwdkb

^ they are... they are the most recent arab migrants to North east africa and reside along the red sea coasts of Eritrea and Sudan. They came around 1846 because they were expelled out of Saudi arabia due to clan warfare.
I think I can pass as one, except I have a fade type haircut. Do they have any conflict with any other ethnic groups or between themselves?

Old 06-02-2010, 11:45 PM   #7
opergolon

I think I can pass as one, except I have a fade type haircut. Do they have any conflict with any other ethnic groups or between themselves?
Well as far as I know they are living peacefully in eritrea and sudan. They do have friendly relations with the beja as well who were the nomadic people already living there and allied with them to create the "eastern front" in sudan which was basically a rebel group fighting about govt inequity of oil profits....

you can read more about that here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_Front_%28Sudan%29

Old 06-03-2010, 11:45 AM   #8
FallJimerks

They are peaceful people in general who live in remote areas. Besides they have no choice as they are recent arrival refugees living in Eritrea and Sudan. People in some parts of Eritrea kind of find them a nuisance as they encroach on agricultural lands with their herds in the North East but generally they are very friendly people.

Old 07-06-2010, 09:53 PM   #9
indianstory

I love the rashiada people..they are nice people..when i was in eritrea i met this rashida guy who lost his 4 sons for eritrea...and he wasnt bothered by it..he told me "everytime i miss them i just lean down and grab a handfull of sand from the ground and let it run through my fingers to feel them",i had a coffee (jabana) with him,i felt proud of him and told him god will reward you with more sons..he told me "god gave me 4 other sons who are growing up to be stronger",i was relieved....since i smoke when im in eritrea i dont know i think its the lifestyle he really loved those benson and hedges smoke i had,he asked me for one when i left i told him to wait went to the car and gave him 2 whole cartons.its only recent that they are recognised what they have done for their new home...in the liberation war they were "road minders" to tell the eritrea liberation army of any ethiopian suprise attack...they were in charge of smuggling most of the weapons to the eritrean fronts...while few members of their sons were at the front line...small contribution some may think now but it must've felt big at those times...they were the rulers od saudia arabia 100 years ago or so till the al saud took over saudia arabia...i also met one in the plane with an eritrean passport who spoke 5 eritrean languages..i was like O-O the whole flight.lol God bless them the land of eritrea is humbled and honoured to recieve such people as them.

---------- Post added 2010-07-06 at 14:04 ----------

They are peaceful and get along well with all other eritreans ethnic group in eritrea,many even intermarry....in sudan they did had alot of problems with the sudanese goverment due to wealth distrubution,how ever this issue was tackled and resolved by the peace accord which was facilitated by eritrean goverment in 2006.its funny though that there should be more rashida in sudan than in eritrea but the rashida of sudan choose to identify themselves as eritrean instead of sudanese,but due to their nomadic lifestyle they can cross borders at will while others might be restricted.

Old 07-08-2010, 01:59 AM   #10
ådrrraj

I'm a bit surprised, the Rashaida I've previously seen in pics and other videos were much lighter. The ones in that video however look like every day non Arab Eritrean Horners.

Old 07-08-2010, 05:36 AM   #11
GooogleGuy

Was that a "C-Walk" at 7:39?

Old 07-30-2010, 08:12 AM   #12
Jellowstrom

I love the rashiada people..they are nice people..when i was in eritrea i met this rashida guy who lost his 4 sons for eritrea...and he wasnt bothered by it..he told me "everytime i miss them i just lean down and grab a handfull of sand from the ground and let it run through my fingers to feel them",i had a coffee (jabana) with him,i felt proud of him and told him god will reward you with more sons..he told me "god gave me 4 other sons who are growing up to be stronger",i was relieved....since i smoke when im in eritrea i dont know i think its the lifestyle he really loved those benson and hedges smoke i had,he asked me for one when i left i told him to wait went to the car and gave him 2 whole cartons.its only recent that they are recognised what they have done for their new home...in the liberation war they were "road minders" to tell the eritrea liberation army of any ethiopian suprise attack...they were in charge of smuggling most of the weapons to the eritrean fronts...while few members of their sons were at the front line...small contribution some may think now but it must've felt big at those times...they were the rulers od saudia arabia 100 years ago or so till the al saud took over saudia arabia...i also met one in the plane with an eritrean passport who spoke 5 eritrean languages..i was like O-O the whole flight.lol God bless them the land of eritrea is humbled and honoured to recieve such people as them.[COLOR="Silver"]
Hmmmm, It is soooooo rare to find a Rashiada family who sacrificed for Eritrea, as far as i know those people didn't even knew in which political jurisdiction they lived let alone to fight and sacrifice for the indepdence of Eritrea. Before the Government adviced the Rashaida to settle and gave them a dose of some political indoctrination, they thought they lived in some Arabic extended territory in particular those of whom who are present in Semhar Area. But it shouldnt be denied that some of them played a crucial role how to buy and smuggle weapons to the EPLF from the middle east but this particular contribution to the struggle was was not done because of conviction or because they were contagious with nationalistic and patriotic feeling like the rest of the population rather it was profit driven enterprise

Old 08-01-2010, 06:26 PM   #13
Unhappu

Hmmmm, It is soooooo rare to find a Rashiada family who sacrificed for Eritrea, as far as i know those people didn't even knew in which political jurisdiction they lived let alone to fight and sacrifice for the indepdence of Eritrea. Before the Government adviced the Rashaida to settle and gave them a dose of some political indoctrination, they thought they lived in some Arabic extended territory in particular those of whom who are present in Semhar Area. But it shouldnt be denied that some of them played a crucial role how to buy and smuggle weapons to the EPLF from the middle east but this particular contribution to the struggle was was not done because of conviction or because they were contagious with nationalistic and patriotic feeling like the rest of the population rather it was profit driven enterprise
who did the money donated to eritrea was given to???kuwait alone gave tens of millions of dollars who have a big rashaida population there who do you think the elf or eplf send there to collect donations???i know you would be suprised to know who has a rashida blood in eritrea,next time you go to massawa ask any rashida how many members of his family fought or died in the liberation war or the 1998-2000 war and id be suprised if any answered none,beside who do you think co-helped create the eplf???wasn't it the massawa group???who were some of the massawa group???maybe you should start with that.

Old 08-03-2010, 12:11 AM   #14
RokgroofeTeme

who did the money donated to eritrea was given to???kuwait alone gave tens of millions of dollars who have a big rashaida population there who do you think the elf or eplf send there to collect donations???i know you would be suprised to know who has a rashida blood in eritrea,next time you go to massawa ask any rashida how many members of his family fought or died in the liberation war or the 1998-2000 war and id be suprised if any answered none,beside who do you think co-helped create the eplf???wasn't it the massawa group???who were some of the massawa group???maybe you should start with that.
You are mixing every thing. First of all the support of the Arab league and in particular by Gulf countries to Eritrea was merely because the late Saleh sabbe introduced Eritrea as an Arab land inhabited by Arabs who are victims to Christian Ethiopia.

As far as Rashaida co-helped create Eplf as you stated, this is totally wrong, majority of the people who estableshed EPLF were of Eritrean high land and people of Tigre origin who inhabit the Massawa area.

Reply to Thread New Thread